Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDragonEyes
No Women NoChildren

Loc: U.S.A.D.E.F.R.E.T.
Jumbled Thoughts
    #959448 - 10/14/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thinking about things, a whole variety of things are a hobby of mine. Just walking... and thinking, philosophizing, contemplating, planning, formulating etc., all that is so natural to me that I feel I need a place to express them. Why? Because writing down one's thoughts force you to think more clearly and have a clear idea of what you're trying to say (or comment on).

It also serves to make your mind clearer, as the jumble of thoughts are written to computer, and nicely filed away. I think its also important for other people to comment on your thoughts, thereby helping you to think better, and forcing you to take into account things you hadn't previously thought of. Its good to think... as my dad used to say, good to exercise the mind and keep it on top form.

Attachment of any kind, whether it be to material goods or other people can be seen as, and I believe they are, destructive to inner peace.

The road to inner peace requires having no negative emotion for a start, which include jealousy, envy, hate, anger, pride, ego etc. inner peace also requires one has equal amounts of love for all.

This is why; in modern world most people will never get true inner peace because society encourages possession of goods and other people. This "possessiveness" of things and people *can sometime* invoke these negative sentiments, which will destroy your inner peace.

For most people, inner peace is the little things in life. Getting the perfect job, being close to all loved ones, parents etc. but *higher* inner peace.... something that requires you to give up everything, is much better. I?ve had glimpses of this world, and it?s truly alluring, and I sometimes urge myself to go down that path.... though I don't know if I ever will.

Anyway, the point being that this is why the great spiritual masters of this world, like Buddha, guru nana, k?ung fu tzo (who founded Confucianism) always encouraged people to get "inner peace" and withdraw from possessions so encouraged by society. That is my interpretation anyway.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: Jumbled Thoughts [Re: DragonEyes]
    #959511 - 10/14/02 11:06 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's very isightful. Did you find Greg? :grin:
-Bruiser 

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #959652 - 10/14/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting, I enjoyed reading it.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#959891 - 10/14/02 02:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

This vibes pretty well with some thoughts I had after reading this short bit of psychology. I think its pretty typical for people to seek the described "Immersed Life", but it has some downsides in terms of stress and whatnot. I'd say I definately target more of "The Pleasant Life" as I'd say DragonEyes is advocating here in a parralel way. I don't know its interesting to see the similar thoughts come out in different ways so I thought I'd post the link.

Edited by djfrog (10/14/02 02:01 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#960073 - 10/14/02 03:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thats a positive outlook on life

i find materialism and allowing other peoples views of things onto you, create illusions, and drive you from where your soul wants to be.. i think inner peace comes when you shake those pesky illusions that have crawled up your body for however long youve allowed them...

though, i think some people may take this concept too far. like people who get rid of all of their belongings and think it will somehow magically make them happier... well it may clear up their heads a little bit... but i think you have to pay a little more attention to yourself to really find it

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #960415 - 10/14/02 05:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, i hear you, i seem to go in and out of the non-attached world, at least the kind of detachment we are speaking of, a detachment of practically everything.  i really had to let go, but once i did the joy i felt was but a religion....but alas, i lose mindfullness after a few weeks, and it goes in this cycle.  the inner peace, the joy, the wisdom, and the clarity of non-attachment is a beautiful thing.  to be able to practice, and cultivate non-attachment is one of lifes great joys :smirk: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags