Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Same old lazy newbie, same old questions...
    #945167 -

I know , Im like the millionth to ask these questions , but I just still have questions , which aren't 100% answered.

Substrate:

- Just to be sure:
  • Let rye soak over night.
  • Simmer it for an hour.
  • Free from excessive water.
  • Let it cool down.
  • Fill into the Jars.
  • Cover with verm and put on the lid loosely.
  • Make 4 holes in the lid
  • Cover with saran-wrap with holes in it.
  • Cook in the PC for an hour.
  • Wait for the PC to cool down.
  • Take out the jars and let them cool down too.

Is this the rough procedure?
- How do I exactly work a PC? I've got an old one here, but I can't find the instructions... It has to options on the lid: I seem to be able to switch between "level one" and "level two".

What can I adjust through this setting?

Which would be the desired 15 Psi?

How high should the water level be?

-How long can I store a sterilized substrate? Which conditions are best for storing them?

Casing:

- When pasteurizing the substrate in the Microwave in a plastic container, is the lid supposed to have holes or not?

- Do I really get remarkably higher yields , if I dunk and recase after the second flush? - I was planning to dunk before the first anyway.

- I've read different views on wether I really need Perlite or not when casing. Some people say the moisture of the casing layer is enough.

Thankyou,
JazzMatazz


--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Same old lazy newbie, same old questions... [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #945273 -

In reply to:
Let rye soak over night.
Simmer it for an hour.



If you're going to simmer the grain, you can skip the soak.

In reply to:
Free from excessive water.
Let it cool down.



Let the rye drain for 15-20 minutes. It will be cool by then.

In reply to:
Cover with verm and put on the lid loosely.
Make 4 holes in the lid



What size jars are you using? If you're using pint or larger, I recommend skipping the vermiculite barrier -- you're going to want to shake it. Try reading the FAQ for more information on working with grains.

In reply to:
Cover with saran-wrap with holes in it.
Cook in the PC for an hour.



The saran-wrap will melt.

In reply to:
Is this the rough procedure?



I think you were confused somewhere along the way. Try reading the FAQ.

In reply to:
Do I really get remarkably higher yields , if I dunk and recase after the second flush? - I was planning to dunk before the first anyway.



I never dunk bulk trays.

In reply to:
I've read different views on wether I really need Perlite or not when casing. Some people say the moisture of the casing layer is enough.



The moisture of the casing layer is enough.

Good luck


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Idiot + Laziness = Dumb Question Anonymous 967 4 12/12/01 02:09 PM
by mrdasani
* newbie question erotomania 1,298 3 05/16/02 08:28 PM
by Roadkill
* newbie questions Anonymous 1,521 5 06/16/02 09:27 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* New here. Newbie questions.
( 1 2 all )
Ninja_Mushroom 7,974 27 09/09/08 11:05 AM
by FaeFire
* Help !!!! A few Newbie Questions dedhead 1,013 5 10/07/01 07:01 AM
by dedhead
* Re: Another Newbie question phrozendata 948 5 05/19/00 09:53 AM
by Anonymous
* Newbie Question!! xdvskingx 879 4 07/16/02 04:48 PM
by straightbangin
* Newbie Questions I couldn't find answers in FAQ. wildcardflush 1,165 3 07/19/02 04:16 AM
by kykeon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
687 topic views. 12 members, 53 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.