Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
So I used to hate wine
    #9432803 -

Now I love this shit.
Of course cheap wine that is, I've never had anything even remotely nice.
It's just a good way to start a night. Grab a bottle of Yellowtail, enjoy, then move on to some brews and such.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9432822 -

word.
zinfandel is delish.


--------------------
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm... ... ...


ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9432824 -

that would be a hangover waiting to happen for me,
I have to stick to whatever I start with as far as
drinking is concerned, and I have lots of practice.


--------------------
-=Check my Gallery=-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: Vanguard]
    #9432845 -

Well then just buy two or three bottles and yer good to go :thumbup:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: Vanguard]
    #9432863 -


Edited by SaRah037 (01/16/09 07:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9432873 -

I'm totally trying to get a taste for wine, since I usually have three or four drinks in the evenings before bed. I've heard that red wine is better for you than liquor and especially beer.


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: SaRah037]
    #9432874 -

No but my friend was telling me about how he always drinks it at school when we saw each other over Thanksgiving break.
I'll have to try it, there's a Trader Joe's at the big mall that's like 15 minutes away. I stop by that place every now and then, just another store to stop at haha.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: SaRah037]
    #9432878 -

lauren420 said:
Best cheap wine ever.



True dat, getting a little pricey for me though, it's up to $2.99 a bottle now.  Looks like I'm going back to leaving koolaid in the sun for a week again :frown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: SaRah037]
    #9432909 -

dish out the extra like 4 bucks for the yellow tail. its well worth it.  but eh at least your not drinking bum wine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9432919 -

jewunit said:
Of course cheap wine that is, I've never had anything even remotely nice.
It's just a good way to start a night. Grab a bottle of Yellowtail, enjoy, then move on to some brews and such.



Nothing wrong with Yellowtail.  I enjoy their shiraz.  Don't let the price be your guide as you journey into the world of wines.  I've had many fantastic bottles of wine between 5 and 10 bucks, and even a few good ones for less then that.  And I've got complete shit that I paid over 20 dollars for.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9432927 -

Haha, I just polished off a bottle of their Shiraz as I made this post.
I can't stand white wines at this point, and none of their other reds are as good as the Shiraz.

Right now I'm not drinking wine to enjoy (like I can do with a good beer.)
I'm just looking for a cheap and easy drunk, which is exactly what Yellowtail gives me.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9432934 -

yeah invest in a one of them wine magizines. they tell you all the deals and shit. my dad got some stuff rated a 92 for like 20 bucks. a few years in the wine cooler, and man was that some damn good wine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9432955 -

> Now I love this shit.

It can become an expensive hobby, but an enjoyable one as well.

> Don't let the price be your guide as you journey into the world of wines.

Words of wisdom.  I've had the same experiences that you describe.  A five dollar bottle of wine that was incredible (and was selling for $70 after people realized how good it was) and the expensive wine that wasn't drinkable.  Go with what tastes good, not by the price tag.  It can be a lot of fun learning what tastes good.  It is also likely that your tastes will change over time as you begin to appreciate different aspects of the various flavors.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: Seuss]
    #9432992 -

I used to hate wine as well.. somethings sort've change as you get older, jaknow?  Yellowtail isn't bad at all, and its cheap!  Wine drunks are so much different than anyother drunk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9433000 -

jewunit said:
Now I love this shit.
Of course cheap wine that is, I've never had anything even remotely nice.
It's just a good way to start a night. Grab a bottle of Yellowtail, enjoy, then move on to some brews and such.



*correction, I think you mean box rather than bottle. :snowman:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9433059 -

The corner store a block away doesn't have box wine.
I actually forgot that shit even exists :lol:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: jewunit]
    #9434091 -

I spent more on wine in 4 years than I have on doogz in my entire life. I love/hate the stuff.
:cheers:

PS I had a nice new Shiraz tonight and a tight little sake'. I feels good!


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: whattheheck]
    #9434130 -

Boxed wine is pretty straight for long nights. Last time I had it, there were hurricanes and terrible weather all over the coast so we had power outages. It was one of the best nights I can ever recall.

The girl was almost as good as the wine.


--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: thekwazz]
    #9434183 -

i've grown fond of the beaujolais white wines

but i've loads more wines to sample before i have even a somewhat idea of different varieties


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I used to hate wine [Re: demiu5]
    #9434235 -

i choose beer anytime of the day but there's always a bottle of wine in my fridge (my family loves wine) so it's very convienent to take a sip of it before going to sleep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* wine ipickPA 2,470 17 02/03/06 01:57 AM
by BLAST_420
* Good starting point for wine bobjones 1,867 17 01/15/06 10:39 PM
by onetime
* red vs. white -- which wine do you prefer?
( 1 2 all )
supra 2,866 21 04/03/08 09:49 PM
by ApeBaboon
* any other red wine fanatics out there?
( 1 2 all )
Moonshoe 2,758 32 12/03/05 08:05 PM
by rwilber
* Red Red Wine ToTheSummit 1,056 16 03/08/05 11:12 PM
by Jim
* Two bottles of wine... OldSpice 1,033 7 05/07/04 08:05 PM
by kiss5150
* What Y'all Know About Yellowtail?
( 1 2 all )
ballsalsaMDiscord 2,340 27 09/19/15 12:23 AM
by ballsalsa
* Mornin peeps (thanksgiving) XUL 721 3 11/17/05 10:22 AM
by peepeepottypants

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,777 topic views. 2 members, 20 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.