Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: agent13]
    #9283625 -

yea i spose ur right lets go back to the days of shitcan collectors haha i remember those days actually
what a job

anyway no internet censorship!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: Artnotwar]
    #9283638 -

to be fair it takes time to get that infrastructure rolled out, but yeah, it seems ridiculous and totally against the grain of what I expected from Rudd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: agent13]
    #9283647 -

I read somewhere that it was a concession he made to get the Christian right on board for the election. That and his opposition to gay marriage. Of course maybe there was no concession at all, and this is his own personal agenda (since he's a Christian too).

Anyway with iiNet dead against it, Rudd's going to have a very hard time getting popular support for this. It'll linger around, go through some revisions and come out being a voluntary system. Or an "awareness campaign" (have you seen The Hollowmen?).


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: zouden]
    #9283665 -

Yeah, It was ok. more of the same from the working dog guys though.

Good point about the Christian right though, and if that's his agenda it's pretty smart.

IT is frustrating seeing the whole political process in action though isnt it? Now it looks like soon enough the states will be back under liberal rule and any progressive ideas will get tied up in red tape.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: agent13]
    #9283716 -

What exactly are they trying to censor anyway? My guess would be terrorism...yes no?

Because if it's porn, we can buy that at adult shops.
Or if it's drugs, then millions of future users will have extremely limited information, and therefore...dangerous use.

BTW Any aussie's notice the lack of decent music in JJJ? I'm onto PBS and RRR, which is unusual cos I'm a big J's fan.


--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: polantis]
    #9283733 -

MY tip is they're trying to implement some sort of overall surviellance on the general public under the guise of blocking illegal sites.

RRR's the way to go I reckon. JJJ tries way too hard. It's a demographic thing though and I guess I'm too old to put up with all the annoying presenters trying to sound "oz". They all sound the same.

I definitely find more interesting stuff on PBS or RRR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: agent13]
    #9283776 -

Yeh the diversity is great on PBS and RRR! I used to like Adam and Will, Jay and the doctor on J's. Only good presenters are Dave Callan and Sam simmons. Syn is pretty damn poor IMO

But more to topic, I'm printing off tons leters and getting my friends to fill in the name and sig. Bombard the barsted with mail I say!
:shitstorm:


--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: filthee]
    #9283777 -

filthee said:
i agree with saving water but i dont think charging for a life necesity like water should be in the hands of politicians that only come up with ways to tax it but never fix it

the charging for flushing is suppose to be an american idea but they forget to mention americans dont pay for tap water(so i heard here)

more dams more dams



I'm an American, and I pay a water bill.

I hope this doesn't pass for you guys.  I expect this kind of thing out of China, but not Australia.  I'd like to live in, or at least take an extended visit to Australia one of these days, but not if this shit goes on...


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: circularvortex]
    #9283811 -

Don't let this net issue stop you from coming over here though. Now our dollar has shat itself again it will make for a cheap holiday! Lot's of good people, beaches yada yada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: zouden]
    #9284332 -

zouden said:
I'm not concerned; the clean feed is doomed to fail. The ISPs are against it, and the populace is against it.

mushroomhunter10 said:
It's too bad most of you guys willingly turned in your guns. :rolleyes:



Yeah, because guns help stop internet censorship :rolleyes:



Guns stop tyranny! Which is exactly what is happening.


--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #9286447 -

Quote:
mushroomhunter10 said:
Guns stop tyranny! Which is exactly what is happening.



Could you provide an example of how guns can stop internet censorship? In a democracy, you shouldn't need to resort to violence to get your voice heard. I think in this case it would be counter-productive. Besides, Australia has guns, just not assault rifles. Are you telling me that if we had assault rifles the government wouldn't be trying to censor porn? How come Australia has legalised prostitution and you don't? Do guns only work for moral issues concerning the internet?

Quote:
circularvortex said:
I expect this kind of thing out of China, but not Australia.



We didn't expect it either! Apparently it was an election promise, but I certainly don't remember it :confused:

Anyway, I have yet to see a positive article about it. As I said, there's enough opposition so that it'll eventually be watered down to a voluntary system, or quietly disappear completely.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: zouden]
    #9312645 -

bump


--------------------


dubiousness
Dubious compound

it is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
A penalty for possession of a drug/plant should not be more damaging than the drug/plant itself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #9325700 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: agent13]
    #9394844 -

Im sorry but if this goes ahead i am literally going to dedicate all of my free time to fucking this system over.
This is bullshit. The internet is the only place left where you can actually self educate yourself about nearly anything you want.

doesnt anyone else see that this is FACISM.
Rudd can GTFO, I as a person am not going to put up with this. Leaving the country is definetly something up there on the list for me if this goes ahead as it will only be the begining

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: illume]
    #9395141 -

Supposedly the system is beginning trials on December 24th - Merry fucking christmas everyone! Anyway it's using a blacklist of URLs which would be extremely easy to get around. Once the media starts publishing stories about how weak the system is, the pressure will mount up and it'll get dropped.

There are rumours that Stephen Conroy has been set up by Rudd this whole time - Rudd knows the system is doomed and when it fails it'll take Conroy's career with it. If that's the case then Rudd is a better politician than I ever imagined.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP *DELETED* [Re: JonnyDeformed]
    #9395159 -

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: zouden]
    #9395160 -

wouldn't you just be able to make an ssl tunnel to a proxy, then get through to whatever site you wanted??...your right zouden, a blacklist is terribly weak form of protection..even for only slightly computer literate people.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: Chubba]
    #9395199 -

>WE ARE NOW BACK INTO DEBT! Rudd has been in less then 12 months.

If you think it's Rudd's fault then you must have no idea what's going on in the world.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP *DELETED* [Re: zouden]
    #9395222 -

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STOP AUSTRALIAN INTERNET CENSORSHIP [Re: Chubba]
    #9396696 -

Actually the budget was expected to return a $22b surplus until the financial crisis hit.

A large number of countries will be going into deficit in 2009, Australia included. There's no point blaming Rudd for something beyond his control (unlike the internet filter).


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* copy of forty's trip report *Broadband only* MobiusStripper 2,939 18 12/04/04 03:56 AM
by 40oz
* internet call waiting Psychoslut 668 7 12/07/04 10:05 PM
by HeavyToilet
* Comcast cable broadband, why has my upload speed tripled in the past week? WakeboardrB 1,646 10 06/11/07 09:47 PM
by WakeboardrB
* Broadband 2GB download limit each month , how many songs a month? DistortedEyes 2,044 9 01/29/06 11:10 AM
by Mezcal
* God i love having broadband again! Vulture 460 3 04/11/04 02:00 AM
by Vulture
* meeting girls on the internet. Your thoughts?
( 1 2 3 all )
Turd 11,302 58 12/11/19 08:18 AM
by cannabinated
* Internet Censorship
( 1 2 all )
Terrapin77 2,315 21 08/01/06 10:36 PM
by Microcosmatrix
* australian deadly spider
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,270 29 11/12/03 10:10 PM
by notapillow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,283 topic views. 5 members, 16 guests and 133 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.