Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: Component]
    #9217329 -

Power walking uphill with five pound heavy hand weights. (you don't just hold them) is easy on my knees. I was a runner for many years until two knee surgeries and knee pain made me switch to power walking.  With the heavy hands it's easily equivalent to running.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: Icelander]
    #9217990 -

Today was day 3, and i easily shaved 10 minutes off my hour.

A solid 40 minutes running and i've picked up the pace considerably. Infact i find it easier to run at high exertion with big steps while kicking the feet higher, than slow and little steps.

I hardly feel any negative signs now, and my shoes feel "broken in."

I feel great!


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9222555 -

Sounds good. Run on people. I think I may have to quit. At least temporarily though I can remember running cross-country in high school before I started smoking cigarettes eheh...:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: Component]
    #9241508 -

I'm joining planet fitness

I feel like a sell-out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: lbtchnlgs]
    #9241903 -

running 50 minutes, with a 5 minute walk in between. Reckon im going 5 to 6kms, everyday.

Feel great!

Anyone done any races?


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9245742 -

You need to measure off the distance you run and time yourself..it is so nice to see that you have improved your time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: sunflower]
    #9245963 -

no way of measuring distance. :frown:

I think im going to have to give myself a recovery day tommorow.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9247331 -

PDU said:
no way of measuring distance. :frown:

I think im going to have to give myself a recovery day tommorow.



I hate to suggest google ("hey, google it!"), but just google the route.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: Epigallo]
    #9269863 -

Google doesn't work at my location (im on a remote small island)

Anyways, i was totally run out after running 7 days straight. Took a day off, and then had an aggrevated shoulder so took another day off. Feeling good today, but shoulders wrecked.

After breaking the cycle its hard to get back into it - hoping to get back to it tommorow.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9270829 -

Once you get running, you will feel great.  All that soreness will work itself out and you will feel exhilarated :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: sunflower]
    #9271617 -

I'm really going to start this, I think.  I ran a lot last winter but ended up fucking up my knee.  It's feeling much better these days so I guess I'll just bundle up and go.  I wake up at odd times right now because my sleep schedule is all funky but maybe having a set 'run time' will help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: MOTH]
    #9272387 -

Damn I hate winter. I had trouble getting motivated to run this summer but I still did it quite often. Now that winter is here, it's almost impossible for me to even get out of the house.


--------------------
[]
Space is the place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: Devlish2]
    #9273571 -

Yep im done. I went for a shorter run today and it definately irritates my shoulder - I need to take it easy and let that heal. Im moving to somewhere very cold in the next couple weeks.

I solemnly swear ill run at least 4 days a week from spring on.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9276866 -

I wonder what it is about running that causes your shoulder to hurt?  Have you checked the way that you are holding your hands when you run?  Are you clenching them too tightly?  Anyway you could start with kettle bells to keep your cardio up until you start running again, it might also strengthen your shoulder, if this is an ongoing problem.  Look on dragondoor.com and see what you think.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: sunflower]
    #9278423 -

i believe i have a strained rhomboid muscle.

So running while trying to heal an injury, is counter productive.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9279402 -

Well, I hope you heal quickly. :sun: I would hate to be unable to get out and run.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Waking early & running support thread. [Re: PDU]
    #9287777 -

PDU said:
i believe i have a strained rhomboid muscle.

So running while trying to heal an injury, is counter productive.



Yeah I did the exact same thing, I went to a doctor, apparently repetitive use of the muscle is realy bad, even though my shoulder feels a lot better now she told me to take it easy for the next 2 weeks :frown: 

Which sucks because I'm going a bit stir crazy not being able to go for a run or a surf :mad2:


--------------------
"What was the first thing your husband said to you when he woke that morning?"
"He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'"
"And why did that upset you?"
"My name is Susan."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* . z_x_x_z 949 6 11/19/05 11:50 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* My latest run-down with the psychiatrist. poke smot! 1,574 6 04/21/04 05:09 PM
by The_Red_Crayon
* well I know someone who could use support durban_poison 2,178 3 02/21/03 02:56 AM
by durban_poison
* DEPRESSION THREAD
( 1 2 all )
Northernsoul 11,817 26 02/27/03 10:06 AM
by Northernsoul
* Hello, im new to the Support Group BlowMiNose 1,671 3 08/22/16 10:33 AM
by Moonshoe
* Post deleted by Administrator Alien 1,974 9 12/30/03 09:20 AM
by Twista
* Post deleted by Administrator Alien 2,032 5 05/15/03 11:25 PM
by Anonymous
* Post deleted by Papaver Calbha 955 6 10/30/03 06:03 PM
by

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
11,639 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.