Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: destructo_low]
    #9248582 -

destructo_low said:
Even now Metallica is the iconic figure of my life haha. (First four albums anyway.) I crave knowledge also however.



Before they started to suck....


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Brainiac]
    #9248603 -

Yeah. Their newest album was ok, but they will never recapture the energy that their first four albums had.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: destructo_low]
    #9248610 -

Party life is sweet!...........................For a while.  Then (hopefully) they will look around to see what else is out there.  That's when there's time for real growth of the personal nature.

I watched a hell of alot of Mtv at that age.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: mushbaby]
    #9248622 -

I don't party much anyway. The most extreme I get is two friends and I doing shots. I hate large groups of people, and think the whole idea of going somewhere and getting shitfaced drunk with people you don't know is stupid.


--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: feifen]
    #9249645 -

feifen said:
Haters. Lol, However they want to let them spend their lives, let them. I "smoke" my life away too, and I completely enjoy it. No matter what you do, your still gonna be dead in the end. Sober, High, or somewhere way out there on a different level. 



I couldnt imagine selling this logic to one of the kids at the shelter... if they listened to me not only would I be fired for gross incompetence but they would ruin their lives.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #9249702 -

If I lived in a fucking shelter, I'd probably be pretty concerned with money too.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: destructo_low]
    #9249743 -

destructo_low said:
Even now Metallica is the iconic figure of my life haha. (First four albums anyway.) I crave knowledge also however.



I would have never guessed it from that post you made where you smoked pot out of that plastic pipe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Gumby]
    #9249857 -

I think it has to do with age and maturity. Who else are they supposed to look up to? As i've gotten older i'm concerned less with money and flashing it around and more on accomplishments and knowledge. When I went to the Jefferson memorial recently i felt really awe-inspired by his accomplishments and how much we honor his great work and mind. I think it would be cool to have an 18 foot statue made to commemorate my doings someday, but thats not how i felt when i was a kid...


--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #9249986 -

mickdawg666 said:
never thought i would be the old bastard saying this. like clockwork haha..

Tonight at the shelter I work at a kid said, '50 cent is the biggest iconic figure of our time'

I just looked at him and said, 'dont you think that is sad? dont you want more out of life than to just party and waste your life? How about enlightenment? when did our society lower its values to this point?'

he looked at me and said,' enlightenment..!?! umm no dude I just want lots of money'

Maybe its the age..  I know when I was 15 and metallica was the iconic figure of my generation I wanted to be a rockstar and little more. Now it seems so insignificant. drugs and partying, all that shit, just a waste of fucking time. Now I crave knowledge, does anyone feel me here?

Is it true that our society just fucking sucks from the emergence of all these commercialized pop/rap/whatever figures, or has it always been like this and I am finally starting to accept it as part of my transition into the grumpy old man stage?



Sure. Go on making judgments about the entirely of today's 'youth' by some kid you met at your shelter on this particular day.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: The_Ghost]
    #9253568 -

o please if he were saying he likes mo dizzle you wouldnt have read this rant thread to begin with... you know as well as I do, and this kid that 50 cent probably IS one of the most iconic figures of late.

how does that make you feel? Sick? Curious?....

Curious?


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #9253611 -

Quote:
Now I crave knowledge, does anyone feel me here?




I went through the phases like anyone else, even enjoyed iconic idiots of my day (Alice Cooper).  But I never, ever did not crave knowledge.  And I always had a grumpy old man side.  For me drugs were a science then, and now.  I had a drum set in my bedroom and a lab in the garage.  Part :nerd:  part :hippy:

I remember a friend coming up to me in the library when we were like 17 and asking if anyone knew what these pink pills were because he was going to take them.  Even then I was like :rolleyes:

Some people are born idiots and will die idiots.  Others grow out of it.

The world is a beautiful, fucked-up place.  There are parts that are hard to accept.

.02$  :ohwell:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The fuckin kids these days [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #9253646 -

I want money so that I can buy enlightenment and ego death.

I also want to donate another phittie sense to that rapper so that he can call himself Whole Dollar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I just watched DePalma's Scarface. ummikko 1,280 17 07/27/05 02:54 PM
by Noetical
* Best Gangster/Mob movies?
( 1 2 3 all )
Crass 9,598 49 06/12/08 12:39 AM
by drok
* If you so gangster Anonymous 711 1 09/06/04 02:14 PM
by iloveraving
* Why do so many people seem to idolize Scarface? LearyfanS 3,191 17 02/02/08 08:23 PM
by appleorange
* Scarface Game - TheDudeAbides 1,169 17 10/10/05 04:19 PM
by License_to_Chill
* Scarface TrancedShroom 598 3 11/02/06 06:07 PM
by Hank, FTW
* I never thought you could ruin the movie Scarface metasin 505 2 12/18/05 08:40 PM
by Prisoner#1
* preppy kids?
( 1 2 all )
lukeboots 4,247 29 09/25/04 09:15 PM
by PuZuZu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,712 topic views. 3 members, 6 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.