Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
When to harvest Lophophora fruits
    #9216852 -

So,I got another fruit on one of my Lophs,and I'm wondering when is the right time to harvest them for the seeds.I harvested the last one,when it was kinds shriveled,and planted the seeds inside it.well,they still haven't germinated,and I have never been able to get Loph seeds to germinate.I have no problem with other cacti seeds,just Lophs.How long do they usually take to germinate?I may not be giving them enough time.Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9216977 -

you planted the seeds when still inside the fruit?
well that was probably the worst idea ever considering that cacti seed germination is triggered (partly) by light :thumbdown:

lophs don't take any longer than any other type of cactus, 1 - 2 weeks and you should have germination provided that you tek is sound and the seed is viable.


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9217012 -

Just let it dry before you plant it.


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: felixhigh]
    #9217082 -

No,I took the seeds out and planted them silly.I'm no newbie when it comes to growing plants:grin:I just don't know why they wont germinate.Like I said,I have no problem germinating other types of cacti seeds,and they germinate within 5 days to a week,but these seeds have been germinating well over a week,in sandy soil,with a humidity dome,in my windowsill,and I still don't see any signs of life from them.Anyway thanks for the replies guys,and I'll let you know if they germinate.

Edited by KBG1977 (11/10/08 10:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9217131 -

Quote:
I harvested the last one,when it was kinds shriveled,and planted the seeds inside it.



i must have taken this statement too literally then :tongue2:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9217550 -

quite ok man,I understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9219374 -

I'm saving all of my fruit in the fridge. In ten years, i can make peyote fruit cobbler :tongue2:


--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: satyr]
    #9220287 -

hahaha,as small as peyote fruits are,it would take more than 10 years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: satyr]
    #9222111 -

satyr said:
I'm saving all of my fruit in the fridge. In ten years, i can make peyote fruit cobbler :tongue2:



:drooling:

im comin over


--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: just me]
    #9222628 -

let us know if Loph fruit is hallucinigenic :smile:  i always wanted to test it, but the thought of how dirty those seed raped fruits are, turns me off the idea.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: kadakuda]
    #9222649 -

Loph fruits aren't psychoactive,but they sure taste good.they have a pleasant sweet taste to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9223125 -

you sure?


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: kadakuda]
    #9223367 -

I'm not positive,but I read some where that they contain no mescaline.If they did,as small as they are,you'd probably have to harvest so many fruits,it would be impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9223971 -

i've been eating loph fruits today at work lol... i'm pretty sure that they are not psychoactive... however, i wish they were :lol:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9224008 -

i still think they may hold something....i doubt they have ever been tested.  get a 100 g of dry fruit and test it out....i dont think being sweet rules out being magic :smile:


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: kadakuda]
    #9224015 -

i'll start collecting the fruits, yes sir :salute:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #9224134 -

damn skippy!


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: kadakuda]
    #9224667 -

doesn't hut to try,but you better get a hold of about 1000 flowering lophs to get enough fruit:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: KBG1977]
    #9225124 -

they are not very sweet, but they are good :yesnod:
I doubt they are psychoactive, but just the pleasure of enjoying such a rare, forbidden fruit is worth it :wink:


--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When to harvest Lophophora fruits [Re: satyr]
    #9225194 -

hell yeah man,mine are pretty sweet dude,maybe it depends on the cultivar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* When to plant poppy seeds for fall/winter harvest? Baby_Hitler 2,268 8 07/09/04 12:37 AM
by MycoCakeEater
* peyote seed harvesting - when are the fruits mature? felixhigh 3,475 16 12/19/03 12:34 PM
by neuro
* Lophophora jourdaniana: species or hybrid? Arohpohpol 5,470 9 09/17/04 11:33 AM
by HarveyWalbanger
* Lophophora Williamsii seeds LCid 18,750 7 09/30/02 04:17 PM
by rosewoodpete
* Lophophora Fricii germanation in 6 days!!! SKINNYDOGGY 955 7 09/25/03 02:53 AM
by Una
* Cacti germination Problem TrippingBillies 1,455 6 11/17/04 11:16 PM
by neuro
* Psychoactive cactii in Florida pastures? orizon 2,687 18 10/12/03 06:42 AM
by HarveyWalbanger
* germination of leonotis leonurus??? psylo33o 2,225 1 01/12/03 08:51 AM
by TekNut

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,685 topic views. 1 members, 31 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.