Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8945930 -

Ogre812 said:
The only part of ATL I have ever seen is the bus station and if that is any indication of how the rest of the city is.....HOLY SHIT!!




the bus station is the good part, when you get down around
metropolitan, marietta street, chandler road or grant park,
that's where the fun is, I used to do repos all over that
area, by at the most exciting was knocking on some gang
leaders door and asking for the keys to his car, about a dozen
people piled out of the house, I explained the situation, gave
him a business card so he could come get the car the next day

overall the guy was pretty cool, we talked about 20 minutes,
he hooked me up with a blunt for the ride home, I promised I'd
take good care of his ride, parked it in the shop, he was
there when the office opened, paid the car off and commented
on how pleasant it was to deal with us

confidence is key, even when you're crapping your pants

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #8945966 -

PeterGriffin467 said:
You didnt buy a daisy?



lol...nah,  fuck that dude and his daisy.


--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #8945971 -

RipVanWinkle said:
A rhodesian ridgeback and a mastiff...  Can't say I'd fuck with ya either! :lol:  Thats a nice pair for keepin em away.  Dogs really are one of the best things you can have with you in a situation like that, besides a gun



Nah. I used to work out in some bad parts of kansas city, ks, and a gun won't keep people away at all. They don't even know you have it till it's pointed at their face. Pulling a gun is a very last resort because of the high chance that once it's drawn, you'll definitely have to use it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8945981 -

Quote:
confidence is key, even when you're crapping your pants



I'll bet


--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: PeterGriffin467] * 1
    #8945999 -

I have been in some pretty bad areas of town in columbus ohio for a coke/oxy pick up.  Some dude i bought shit from sold guns, it was  scary.  I was obviously the white kid from the suburbs so it woulda been easy to take advantage of me like rob and beat me which was even more scary.  Cuz i would be buying $200-$250 worth of pills.  I would go into his house (in the ghetto) and he would have guns lying round his house, a half pound of weed on the dinning room table, and young children playing right next to this.  This guy was selling oxycodone, cocaine and guns with his kids right next to me.  Little girls poking my legs and interacting with me.  It was sad because i looked down and talked to his kid with a cigarette wrapper melted shut with oxycontin 80s in it in my hand in the same field of view.  No kid should live in that enviornment.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Edited by Cognitive_Shift (09/17/08 07:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8946874 -

Cannabischarlie said:
whattheheck said:
Downtown ATL wasn't nothing nice. I hate that city. Truly. Of course, there's part of St. Louis, not to mention Detroit that look like the Germans just blitzed them, so, IDK, thank God I live in Denver :thumbup:



yeah, there are mostly wankstas here in denver.



Give Wyoming a try :rolleyes:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8946890 -

bradley said:
i've done it quite a few times, even at night (i'm probably an idiot). now I realize that this motel i booked is basically in the ghetto...i haven't seen any other caucasians. people are noisy outside. if someone breaks into my car i'll be pissed. :crankey:



it is when i'm around  :minigun:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8947371 -

Well let's see you walk through a Detroit ghetto tough guy :yesnod:
Talking shit about local gangs or something, how "gay they are" for example.
I would love to see that.


All I can add is that when I was living in Western Canada people would say I lived in the ghetto.
Well first the word ghetto used to just mean an enclosed space. And many American ghettos are like that, as the the real Canadian ones.
At least somewhat enclosed. Or the feeling it is :wink:
Lots of crime, hard drugs, guns, violence, real social decline you know?

But people in my small town would talk about the cheap area to live, that has a build up of drug addicts, and low income people.
More or less no different then anyone else in town. With their legal addictions and such.

Not to mention the fact that people in the ghetto, aren't so much worse then anyone else.
Rich people beat their kids, hell some even molest them. I think people always seem to have a fucked up view or morality. But then again I define most of the population as lemmings.


Anyway, there we're no gunshots at night, ever. I would feel confident walking through the "worst part", any time of the day or night.
Last I heard it had been years and years since even a stabbing.
Maintained gardens and yards, nice trees everywhere. Some decent restaurants and store. But ZOMG!!! I just saw a fucking junkie, walking down the road!!!
:shocked:Holy fuck man what the shit!!A junkie!

Younger Canadians want to be cool, and like poorer, more fucked up, Americans.
Zippity do da junior. Your rap music is causing brain damage obviously.

And older Canadians are fucking lazy and willing to make things worse then they are, because we have it so good.

IMO, neither of them would know real social decline and strife, unless it stabbed them with a large knife,
right up their asshole.

I didn't think it was so stupid, to say "ghetto"
I argued with some lady in a program I attended, saying what's the big fucking deal about calling it the ghetto?

I still don't think it's a bad thing to say, but it sure is fucking stupid.
No, you don't live in a ghetto Mortimer. Now run along to the park.
Try not to get stabbed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/18/08 12:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8947444 -

Psilocybeingzz said:
Well let's see you walk through a Detroit ghetto tough guy :yesnod:
Talking shit about local gangs or something, how "gay they are" for example.
I would love to see that.


All I can add is that when I was living in Western Canada people would say I lived in the ghetto.
Well first the word ghetto used to just mean an enclosed space. And many American ghettos are like that, as the the real Canadian ones.
At least somewhat enclosed. Or the feeling it is :wink:
Lots of crime, hard drugs, guns, violence, real social decline you know?

But people in my small town would talk about the cheap area to live, that has a build up of drug addicts, and low income people.
More or less no different then anyone else in town. With their legal addictions and such.

Not to mention the fact that people in the ghetto, aren't so much worse then anyone else.
Rich people beat their kids, hell some even molest them. I think people always seem to have a fucked up view or morality. But then again I define most of the population as lemmings.


Anyway, there we're no gunshots at night, ever. I would feel confident walking through the "worst part", any time of the day or night.
Last I heard it had been years and years since even a stabbing.
Maintained gardens and yards, nice trees everywhere. Some decent restaurants and store. But ZOMG!!! I just saw a fucking junkie, walking down the road!!!
:shocked:Holy fuck man what the shit!!A junkie!

Younger Canadians want to be cool, and like poorer, more fucked up, Americans.
Zippity do da junior. Your rap music is causing brain damage obviously.

And older Canadians are fucking lazy and willing to make things worse then they are, because we have it so good.

IMO, neither of them would know real social decline and strife, unless it stabbed them with a large knife,
right up their asshole.

I didn't think it was so stupid, to say "ghetto"
I argued with some lady in a program I attended, saying what's the big fucking deal about calling it the ghetto?

I still don't think it's a bad thing to say, but it sure is fucking stupid.
No, you don't live in a ghetto Mortimer. Now run along to the park.
Try not to get stabbed. :rolleyes:



I completely understand but when your a white suburban kid 18 years old, walking through poorer areas of a town, it can be scary.  Especially walking to buy illegal drugs from a thug, a fucking gangster.  My heart has been pounding walking into houses in the ghetto to buy cocaine or opiates.  Fear is not something we choose, im sorry if you think ghettos arent dangerous, but thats not what my senses tell me. (I mean ghetto as the modern american slang for the otherside of the tracks.)


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8947474 -

Cognitive_Shift said:
Psilocybeingzz said:
Well let's see you walk through a Detroit ghetto tough guy :yesnod:
Talking shit about local gangs or something, how "gay they are" for example.
I would love to see that.


All I can add is that when I was living in Western Canada people would say I lived in the ghetto.
Well first the word ghetto used to just mean an enclosed space. And many American ghettos are like that, as the the real Canadian ones.
At least somewhat enclosed. Or the feeling it is :wink:
Lots of crime, hard drugs, guns, violence, real social decline you know?

But people in my small town would talk about the cheap area to live, that has a build up of drug addicts, and low income people.
More or less no different then anyone else in town. With their legal addictions and such.

Not to mention the fact that people in the ghetto, aren't so much worse then anyone else.
Rich people beat their kids, hell some even molest them. I think people always seem to have a fucked up view or morality. But then again I define most of the population as lemmings.


Anyway, there we're no gunshots at night, ever. I would feel confident walking through the "worst part", any time of the day or night.
Last I heard it had been years and years since even a stabbing.
Maintained gardens and yards, nice trees everywhere. Some decent restaurants and store. But ZOMG!!! I just saw a fucking junkie, walking down the road!!!
:shocked:Holy fuck man what the shit!!A junkie!

Younger Canadians want to be cool, and like poorer, more fucked up, Americans.
Zippity do da junior. Your rap music is causing brain damage obviously.

And older Canadians are fucking lazy and willing to make things worse then they are, because we have it so good.

IMO, neither of them would know real social decline and strife, unless it stabbed them with a large knife,
right up their asshole.

I didn't think it was so stupid, to say "ghetto"
I argued with some lady in a program I attended, saying what's the big fucking deal about calling it the ghetto?

I still don't think it's a bad thing to say, but it sure is fucking stupid.
No, you don't live in a ghetto Mortimer. Now run along to the park.
Try not to get stabbed. :rolleyes:



I completely understand but when your a white suburban kid 18 years old, walking through poorer areas of a town, it can be scary.  Especially walking to buy illegal drugs from a thug, a fucking gangster.  My heart has been pounding walking into houses in the ghetto to buy cocaine or opiates.  Fear is not something we choose, im sorry if you think ghettos arent dangerous, but thats not what my senses tell me. (I mean ghetto as the modern american slang for the otherside of the tracks.)



Right. OK.
But are you American, or Canadian?
I was talking about Canadians in slightly less affluent areas, in he nicest parts of Canada, indeed some of the best places in the fucking world to live, describing the slightly poorer area as "the ghetto"

What a fucking joke.

Don't get me wrong, Canada has some real ghettos, the entire City of Windsor comes to mind :hehehe: But more often then not, IME people are just being lazy and or stupid with their style of speech.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8947536 -

Psilocybeingzz said:
Cognitive_Shift said:
Psilocybeingzz said:
Well let's see you walk through a Detroit ghetto tough guy :yesnod:
Talking shit about local gangs or something, how "gay they are" for example.
I would love to see that.


All I can add is that when I was living in Western Canada people would say I lived in the ghetto.
Well first the word ghetto used to just mean an enclosed space. And many American ghettos are like that, as the the real Canadian ones.
At least somewhat enclosed. Or the feeling it is :wink:
Lots of crime, hard drugs, guns, violence, real social decline you know?

But people in my small town would talk about the cheap area to live, that has a build up of drug addicts, and low income people.
More or less no different then anyone else in town. With their legal addictions and such.

Not to mention the fact that people in the ghetto, aren't so much worse then anyone else.
Rich people beat their kids, hell some even molest them. I think people always seem to have a fucked up view or morality. But then again I define most of the population as lemmings.


Anyway, there we're no gunshots at night, ever. I would feel confident walking through the "worst part", any time of the day or night.
Last I heard it had been years and years since even a stabbing.
Maintained gardens and yards, nice trees everywhere. Some decent restaurants and store. But ZOMG!!! I just saw a fucking junkie, walking down the road!!!
:shocked:Holy fuck man what the shit!!A junkie!

Younger Canadians want to be cool, and like poorer, more fucked up, Americans.
Zippity do da junior. Your rap music is causing brain damage obviously.

And older Canadians are fucking lazy and willing to make things worse then they are, because we have it so good.

IMO, neither of them would know real social decline and strife, unless it stabbed them with a large knife,
right up their asshole.

I didn't think it was so stupid, to say "ghetto"
I argued with some lady in a program I attended, saying what's the big fucking deal about calling it the ghetto?

I still don't think it's a bad thing to say, but it sure is fucking stupid.
No, you don't live in a ghetto Mortimer. Now run along to the park.
Try not to get stabbed. :rolleyes:



I completely understand but when your a white suburban kid 18 years old, walking through poorer areas of a town, it can be scary.  Especially walking to buy illegal drugs from a thug, a fucking gangster.  My heart has been pounding walking into houses in the ghetto to buy cocaine or opiates.  Fear is not something we choose, im sorry if you think ghettos arent dangerous, but thats not what my senses tell me. (I mean ghetto as the modern american slang for the otherside of the tracks.)



Right. OK.
But are you American, or Canadian?
I was talking about Canadians in slightly less affluent areas, in he nicest parts of Canada, indeed some of the best places in the fucking world to live, describing the slightly poorer area as "the ghetto"

What a fucking joke.

Don't get me wrong, Canada has some real ghettos, the entire City of Windsor comes to mind :hehehe: But more often then not, IME people are just being lazy and or stupid with their style of speech.



Im from the US currently Arizona.  However dont get me wrong, my dealer in the ghetto is one of the nicest chillest dudes i ever met.  The stereotype of "dangerous" drug dealer is not always true.  Sure this guy sells coke, oxy and guns.  He always keeps a gun with-in sight.  But one of the generously nicest guys ever met, violence is the only way to settle disputes in a black market, and he knows that.  He is a good business man, cared about his customers and quality of product.  He had the hottest girl friend too....OMG you guys have no idea.  Anyways never woulda thought my white suburban ass would ever been tight with a fully tatted african american gangster.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8947744 -

i have to do business in atlanta alot, and the fucking worst parts were bankhead, off highway 78, especially around fucking hollywood courts, and down there off pinola rd, or fulton industrial. My bro saw some poor dude pulled out of his suv in broadday light and jacked up.

Mean mothafuckers, i pack a gun where ever i go, ive only had to point it at someone once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #8948292 -

heh try walking through parts of argentine in KCK as a 5'6 white boy.  Just ditch the handgun and up a 20guage so ppl think you're crazy.  That could still be on fear factor.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8948357 -

Cognitive_Shift said:
Psilocybeingzz said:
Cognitive_Shift said:
Psilocybeingzz said:
Well let's see you walk through a Detroit ghetto tough guy :yesnod:
Talking shit about local gangs or something, how "gay they are" for example.
I would love to see that.


All I can add is that when I was living in Western Canada people would say I lived in the ghetto.
Well first the word ghetto used to just mean an enclosed space. And many American ghettos are like that, as the the real Canadian ones.
At least somewhat enclosed. Or the feeling it is :wink:
Lots of crime, hard drugs, guns, violence, real social decline you know?

But people in my small town would talk about the cheap area to live, that has a build up of drug addicts, and low income people.
More or less no different then anyone else in town. With their legal addictions and such.

Not to mention the fact that people in the ghetto, aren't so much worse then anyone else.
Rich people beat their kids, hell some even molest them. I think people always seem to have a fucked up view or morality. But then again I define most of the population as lemmings.


Anyway, there we're no gunshots at night, ever. I would feel confident walking through the "worst part", any time of the day or night.
Last I heard it had been years and years since even a stabbing.
Maintained gardens and yards, nice trees everywhere. Some decent restaurants and store. But ZOMG!!! I just saw a fucking junkie, walking down the road!!!
:shocked:Holy fuck man what the shit!!A junkie!

Younger Canadians want to be cool, and like poorer, more fucked up, Americans.
Zippity do da junior. Your rap music is causing brain damage obviously.

And older Canadians are fucking lazy and willing to make things worse then they are, because we have it so good.

IMO, neither of them would know real social decline and strife, unless it stabbed them with a large knife,
right up their asshole.

I didn't think it was so stupid, to say "ghetto"
I argued with some lady in a program I attended, saying what's the big fucking deal about calling it the ghetto?

I still don't think it's a bad thing to say, but it sure is fucking stupid.
No, you don't live in a ghetto Mortimer. Now run along to the park.
Try not to get stabbed. :rolleyes:



I completely understand but when your a white suburban kid 18 years old, walking through poorer areas of a town, it can be scary.  Especially walking to buy illegal drugs from a thug, a fucking gangster.  My heart has been pounding walking into houses in the ghetto to buy cocaine or opiates.  Fear is not something we choose, im sorry if you think ghettos arent dangerous, but thats not what my senses tell me. (I mean ghetto as the modern american slang for the otherside of the tracks.)



Right. OK.
But are you American, or Canadian?
I was talking about Canadians in slightly less affluent areas, in he nicest parts of Canada, indeed some of the best places in the fucking world to live, describing the slightly poorer area as "the ghetto"

What a fucking joke.

Don't get me wrong, Canada has some real ghettos, the entire City of Windsor comes to mind :hehehe: But more often then not, IME people are just being lazy and or stupid with their style of speech.



Im from the US currently Arizona.  However dont get me wrong, my dealer in the ghetto is one of the nicest chillest dudes i ever met.  The stereotype of "dangerous" drug dealer is not always true.  Sure this guy sells coke, oxy and guns.  He always keeps a gun with-in sight.  But one of the generously nicest guys ever met, violence is the only way to settle disputes in a black market, and he knows that.  He is a good business man, cared about his customers and quality of product.  He had the hottest girl friend too....OMG you guys have no idea.  Anyways never woulda thought my white suburban ass would ever been tight with a fully tatted african american gangster.



"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-Robert A. Heinlein


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8948561 -

Walking in the really slummy areas of my city is really dangerous.  Not so much because of thugs and crackheads that might try to beat you up and rob you, but because of the police.  We have a huge heroin and crack problem around here and both drugs are high quality, really easy to find and in endless supply.  White people stand out so clearly in the ghetto and the cops know exactly what they're doing there.

I've gotten picked up and put in the back of a police car for WWW (walking while white) a couple times. They always let me go because I didn't have any drugs on me and I was really just going to buy beer. I was in highschool at the time and a lot of the liquor stores would sell booze to anyone, it could be obvious that you're like 15 years old and they'd still sell to you.  But I know a couple guys who got busted for possession while walking back to their car after buying dope.  Not because the cops saw the deal go down but because they were white and walking through the drug slums.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: BoneMan]
    #8948597 -

Quote:
They always let me go because I didn't have any drugs on me and I was really just going to buy beer.



Irony LOL
:rofl:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8948634 -

being female and hanging in the detroit area for much of my growing up years, there are still place i will not go without someone, BUT for the most part long as you mind your own business, do not make eye contact, and have some confidence, you don't get fucked with much, thank god i've never had any real shit go down even though i've been in some real shady ass parts.


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8948878 -

bradley said:
where is the greyhound station, is it in midtown?




i think the station (if its one down from the prison) is off of moreland.

i live in atlanta and love every fucking second:)


--------------------
:partykid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: t00th]
    #8948908 -

(i had no idea so many people live in atlanta on the shroomery. we should have a ATL gathering)


--------------------
:partykid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: t00th]
    #8949298 -

oh i've driven down that road a lot, i think that's typical midtown? i only lived there for 6 months but I'm glad I got to see it. (and glad I got to leave)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do you recognize an undercover cop???
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 8,583 30 09/17/04 11:47 PM
by kadakuda
* why going through dangerous places so cool to some people? eligal 1,044 19 07/31/05 03:01 PM
by nookjohn
* Pooping etiquette (danger, very funny!)
( 1 2 all )
daba 6,568 30 12/23/15 06:35 PM
by Cowb0yNeal00
* Walking Octopus - Really Cool Behavior (with video goodness) mycophyle 831 3 03/27/05 08:01 PM
by ricochet
* Second attempt at Atlanta trip report!**PICS**
( 1 2 all )
blissedout 2,740 20 04/04/05 06:10 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Whats the maddest ,most dangerous, wildlife ,in your area?No dozing!!
( 1 2 all )
drowneduck 3,778 24 01/15/05 08:22 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Who wants to meet in Atlanta and smoke a fatty? ShroomismM 1,529 17 05/31/05 06:00 PM
by blissedout
* Atlanta, GA... Anyone? Circlesongs 1,382 6 11/07/04 08:59 PM
by 2Experimental

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
10,082 topic views. 2 members, 7 guests and 214 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.