Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8942426 -

The only part of ATL I have ever seen is the bus station and if that is any indication of how the rest of the city is.....HOLY SHIT!!


--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: MisterMuscaria] * 1
    #8942427 -

MisterMuscaria said:
blewmeanie said:
Latter that night I had an undercover try and shove a bag of bud into my hand after I refused to buy anything from him.





You shoulda taken him to court for entrapment.



I should have cut his fucking throat and done the world a favor.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8942435 -

MisterMuscaria said:
If you see someone who looks like they would rob you ask them for a cigarette or some change and they will be assured that you have nothing worth robbing and are in way worse off shape than they are.



me and my friends always looked homeless back in the day

my friend asked some dude for a cigarette and got stabbed with a screwdriver less than a second or two after that

and yeah we were in a ghetto part of a downtown city

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8942454 -

CptnGarden said:
MisterMuscaria said:
If you see someone who looks like they would rob you ask them for a cigarette or some change and they will be assured that you have nothing worth robbing and are in way worse off shape than they are.



me and my friends always looked homeless back in the day

my friend asked some dude for a cigarette and got stabbed with a screwdriver less than a second or two after that

and yeah we were in a ghetto part of a downtown city



Hmm never happpened to me...but you are gonna run into a random psychopath anywhere.

In an artsy, mostly white college suburb: We pull up to a gas station and the person in the car next to us bangs his door against the car Im in and says "Hope you dont mind a little fresh paint on your scratch!". My friend tells him thats really not necessary and he should apologize to the owner and steps out of the car. The guy turns up Christian music really loud and yells "Im a jesus now!" then he steps out of the car and stabs my friend in the stomach.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8943193 -

Jesus these are frightening stories. Was the friend okay?


I've only walked around in Five Points and Bankhead, and some really sketchy part of town I'm not sure what it was called. No one ever harrassed me or anything except for one black kid that barked "ya best get outta here!" Gave away tons of change though to all the pan handlers. Was offered crack once from a pre-adolescent riding a bike. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8943599 -

bradley said:
Jesus these are frightening stories. Was the friend okay?


I've only walked around in Five Points and Bankhead, and some really sketchy part of town I'm not sure what it was called. No one ever harrassed me or anything except for one black kid that barked "ya best get outta here!" Gave away tons of change though to all the pan handlers. Was offered crack once from a pre-adolescent riding a bike. :frown:



Sad. But very true.

I'm originally from chicago in a terrible project.
When I went the in april to visit relatives and family, it was DEF different than what I am used to. People are a lot more intense and for a lack of a better word, gritty and seem to size you up way more.

The south side, is not a place to go for a walk. I remember nearly leaving my Gma's house and she wouldn't allow me to walk out alone. She said I needed someone with me if I was going to roam around, and constantly keep my head on the swivel. That's what I did and it turned out fine. Noone genrerally challenged me at all, just sized me up with strong glares sometimes tho. It is very true that

"If you look like you know what you're doing, where you're going, and where you're supposed to be people generally won't fuck with you in any environment. "

as someone said earlier. ^^ that is the key


--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8943616 -

bradley said:
i've done it quite a few times, even at night (i'm probably an idiot). now I realize that this motel i booked is basically in the ghetto...i haven't seen any other caucasians. people are noisy outside. if someone breaks into my car i'll be pissed. :crankey:



I live in Birmingham, Al and we are currently 3rd in the nation in murders per capita. I walk around the ghettos all of the time, but I am usually walking a Rhodesian ridgeback and an english mastiff, so I never have any trouble. Still, I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. There are murders happening all around my area on a fairly regular basis. Alot of my friends have weapons permits and carry them on them and they aren't gangster types. They just want to survive.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: blissedout]
    #8943940 -

damn i am sorry for you folk that live in big cities, that sounds scary as shit man.

never really even been in a big city (well like dallas, denver, KC, all the big ones in the midwest ya know) but never went in the ghetto or anything, never had a reason to.  now after hearing these stories, probably never going to ha ha.  i don't want to be sized up ha ha, i look more intimidating than i am though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: smokeybear]
    #8944463 -

I cant even get into the story of how close i was to being killed in the ghetto one night. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you can easily be hurt and even killed. It was an EXTREMELY bad experience that I learned from.I can tell the story in detail, just not right now:(


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: blissedout]
    #8944499 -

A rhodesian ridgeback and a mastiff...  Can't say I'd fuck with ya either! :lol:  Thats a nice pair for keepin em away.  Dogs really are one of the best things you can have with you in a situation like that, besides a gun


--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8945014 -

ATL is my most disliked place to be, I doubt I will ever roll through there unless it is a lay over at the airport. Always a negative place for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8945141 -

blewmeanie said:
Just stay away from the downtown greyhound station in ATL at night. That shit gets rough, I had to pull out a knife after 5 douche bags tried to jump on me, and a friend I was traveling with. Latter that night I had an undercover try and shove a bag of bud into my hand after I refused to buy anything from him.

Fuck Atlanta, every time Ive been through there I've run into problems.



Holy shit man.. quoted for mother fucking TRUTH.

I was at that greyhound station once at like 2am. I was hungry as fuck and there was a store right across the street, I was like ok I'm in the ghetto but whatever I've been in a million ghettos... I make it to the store but as soon as I step back outside I am accosted by like 6 people.. one was trying to get me to down the street with him and buy crack.. one is asking for my sandwich, the others want whatever is in my backpack. It got sketchy real fast, so I just plowed through the crackhead motherfuckers and hauled ass back into the greyhound station.. which wasn't much safer but at least most of the street urchins stay out of it.

Seriously.. fuck greyhound. Almost every station seems to be smack dab in the middle of the ghetto in whatever city it's stopping in. Step outside for a cigarette and you are just asking for trouble.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8945191 -

:rofl:

I know the exact store you mean. There is a prison 2 or 3 blocks down the street.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Shroomism]
    #8945218 -

haha I live in metro Atlanta and am very familiar with that little store. By the time you get your bags inside, you've already been offered every drug on the street, witnessed two shootings, and are probably missing your wallet/kids.

It just happens to be in a very shitty part of town. Atlanta has some great areas, my favorite being Little Five. It is a pretty cool little area.

But yea, back on topic, ghettos= :thumbdown:


--------------------
Existence is no longer a riddle to be solved, but a mystery to behold.

Edited by Itzpointless (09/17/08 04:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: whattheheck]
    #8945357 -

whattheheck said:
Downtown ATL wasn't nothing nice. I hate that city. Truly. Of course, there's part of St. Louis, not to mention Detroit that look like the Germans just blitzed them, so, IDK, thank God I live in Denver :thumbup:



yeah, there are mostly wankstas here in denver.


--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

Remember to always courtesy flush

  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8945378 -

I have been to five points in denver also, that would be considered the ghetto.

a concealed carry permit and a double action .357 would be your best friend should the shit hit the fan.


--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

Remember to always courtesy flush

  we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Adden]
    #8945475 -

S_2 said:
I heard Atlanta has an airport, a Coca-Cola bottling plant and it's all blacks.



Atlanta is the shit, I went there for International Science Fair last year, was not disappointing at all


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: metalmorph]
    #8945594 -

where is the greyhound station, is it in midtown?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Epigallo]
    #8945789 -

Right downtown... I've been there twice, the first time at night and when I got off the bus I was greeted by bums and shit trying to ask me for money and food and trying to sell me daisies and shit from the cracks in the sidewalk.  I had a 6 hour layover and was pestered the entire time.  Now they have security out the ass running around.


--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: is walking around in the ghetto really that dangerous? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8945800 -

You didnt buy a daisy?


--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do you recognize an undercover cop???
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 8,583 30 09/17/04 11:47 PM
by kadakuda
* why going through dangerous places so cool to some people? eligal 1,044 19 07/31/05 03:01 PM
by nookjohn
* Pooping etiquette (danger, very funny!)
( 1 2 all )
daba 6,568 30 12/23/15 06:35 PM
by Cowb0yNeal00
* Walking Octopus - Really Cool Behavior (with video goodness) mycophyle 831 3 03/27/05 08:01 PM
by ricochet
* Second attempt at Atlanta trip report!**PICS**
( 1 2 all )
blissedout 2,740 20 04/04/05 06:10 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Whats the maddest ,most dangerous, wildlife ,in your area?No dozing!!
( 1 2 all )
drowneduck 3,778 24 01/15/05 08:22 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Who wants to meet in Atlanta and smoke a fatty? ShroomismM 1,529 17 05/31/05 06:00 PM
by blissedout
* Atlanta, GA... Anyone? Circlesongs 1,382 6 11/07/04 08:59 PM
by 2Experimental

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
10,082 topic views. 6 members, 9 guests and 192 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.