Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Yost fired from Brewers
    #8933363 -

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080915&content_id=3480423&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Damn. Right in the middle of a playoff race too. He must've really sucked.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: robbyberto]
    #8933568 -

Crazy.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8933915 -

None too soon for the Brewers.  From what I've seen he's a fucking moron.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8934160 -

Christ, twice in a few days.

Yes, you're right, Yost is an absolute tool.

That said, I'm sad to see him go.  Short of the Brewers appointing Dakota Fanning interim manager I don't see how they could do much worse.

But like I told OMR earlier, they had to do it.  The Brewers have mortgaged the future to make a run this year.  They traded their #1 prospect, Matt Laporta for CC and they lose him, Sheets, and Fielder next year.  And a team like Milwaukee can't replace that kind of production.

They're gonna have to scrap it out with the Phils for the Wild Card and Yost was not going to get them there.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8934749 -

I knew for final he was a stupid dickfor when he let Fielder get away with slapping the pitcher.  I don't remember the pitcher's name but it doesn't matter.  I would have suspended Fielder for a week.  Fat 1st basemen aren't all that hard to find.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8934762 -

I figure the Yanks can get CC, Sheets and Tex for much less than is coming off their roster next year.  I still say they should have signed Beltran.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8935531 -

They going to keep Abreu too? The Yankees have an ungodly amount of funding.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8936894 -

zappaisgod said:
None too soon for the Brewers.  From what I've seen he's a fucking moron.



Brewers should have gotten rid of him after last season as punishment for choking out of playoff contention. Now it looks as if its gonna happen again.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8937097 -

zappaisgod said:
I figure the Yanks can get CC, Sheets and Tex for much less than is coming off their roster next year.  I still say they should have signed Beltran.



Maybe not everybody wants to play for the Yankees and their nut ball owner :shrug:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: whattheheck]
    #8939254 -

That might have been true 20 years ago.  Now?  I doubt it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8939744 -

I woulda played for the Boss over his kids. That ship is gonna sink fast. I'm betting you don't get 2 major stars this off season.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8946892 -

Sheets got injured. Big fucking surprise.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: robbyberto]
    #8946906 -

I was hoping he'd would wait until the Yanks signed him :mad2:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: robbyberto]
    #8947462 -

robbyberto said:
Sheets got injured. Big fucking surprise.



Not that I do not like Sheets, but anything that gets me closer to first place in our fantasy league is ok with me, no matter how slim the chances are that I will win. Hey btw, can I have the 1st place price if you don't want it? You don't, right?


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Edited by robbyberto (09/18/08 12:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: robbyberto]
    #8948018 -

robbyberto said:
Sheets got injured. Big fucking surprise.



I can't believe the Yankees want to sign him.

What the fuck are they thinking.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8948363 -

Madtowntripper said:
robbyberto said:
Sheets got injured. Big fucking surprise.



I can't believe the Yankees want to sign him.

What the fuck are they thinking.



I guess they're eager to pick up another Carl Pavano.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #8948751 -

The Yankees are gonna suck for a while. Mark my words. They may be able to buy the playoffs, but then again maybe not with the Sox and Rays out there.


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: robbyberto]
    #8949618 -

robbyberto said:
robbyberto said:
Sheets got injured. Big fucking surprise.



Not that I do not like Sheets, but anything that gets me closer to first place in our fantasy league is ok with me, no matter how slim the chances are that I will win. Hey btw, can I have the 1st place price if you don't want it? You don't, right? 



You have zero shot, as you know, at winning but you have done an astonishing job of blowing away all others.  You got very lucky that no one has gotten injured since you torched all of your moves over a month ago.  Sheets?  At this point it doesn't matter, I only have x amount of innings left anyway.  I'm going to drop Francisco Rodriguez and Salomon Torres soon.  I can't lose saves no matter what.  And you can't pick them up:bluemoon:.

Yeah, you can have the pitpoodles hat.:cool:  You can have whatever it is.  I don't have anymore shelf space.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: whattheheck]
    #8949626 -

whattheheck said:
The Yankees are gonna suck for a while. Mark my words. They may be able to buy the playoffs, but then again maybe not with the Sox and Rays out there.



I'll mark your words.  What sauce would you like on them next year?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yost fired from Brewers [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8949859 -

Ahh, it feels good. Late September, the Cubs sealing up the division and the Yankees fans talking about next year.

I think I'll just sit here and savor it. :cool:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ***2008 Shroomery Fantasy Baseball "Official" Thread***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 32 33 )
Madtowntripper 45,291 644 09/29/08 04:08 PM
by zappaisgod
* Cubs Win Again, Brewers Likely Done... Madtowntripper 701 2 09/23/07 06:23 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Brewers Bullpen Drunk Again, Cubs w/in 1/2 Game of Central Lead Madtowntripper 893 7 07/29/07 07:46 PM
by zappaisgod
* All the Brewers fans are crazy about Suppan...SUCKERS Madtowntripper 370 0 12/27/06 10:06 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Cubs vs. Brewers Three-Game Set Madtowntripper 2,808 19 05/02/08 06:59 PM
by Virus_with_Shoes
* Red Sox vs. Brewers 5/16-5/17/07 at Fenway Park Virus_with_Shoes 555 2 05/20/08 04:54 PM
by Virus_with_Shoes
* Art Shell fired belligerent 1,029 12 01/06/07 09:01 AM
by belligerent
* Chicago Bears Fire Ron Rivera Madtowntripper 1,385 8 02/20/07 12:31 PM
by Banez

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
2,439 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.