Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Book Publishing
    #8738136 -

Hello pub.

I have taken it upon myself to write a book about the manipulation of reality. I do not know anything about publishing books.

Any thoughts?


--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738140 -

with enough money you can publish anything.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8738162 -

Does anyone have any first or second hand experience about how much money that is?


--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738168 -

ExplosiveMango said:
Hello pub.

I have taken it upon myself to write a book about the manipulation of reality. I do not know anything about publishing books.

Any thoughts?



Have you finished writing the book yet?

Don't get ahead of yourself.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8738184 -

You're not going to finish the book.


--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: WornTraveler]
    #8738193 -

Oh, and I can (first hand) tell you that any good agent is going to require some serious cash. It's a lot easier if you know people in the industry and can go straight to an editor without dealing with an agent at all, but I'm assuming you don't.

Expect to spend up to twenty thousand, especially if you're book is poorly written, before you see any money coming back in for a first-time novel.

But, like I said... you're not gonna finish the book.


--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738196 -

ExplosiveMango said:
Does anyone have any first or second hand experience about how much money that is?



depends if you self-publish or find a publisher. and how many pages you got and whats the material you print on and how many colours you use and if its paperback or hardcover... think with your brain.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #8738247 -

I guess that's really the type of feedback you ask for with such open ended questions.

In reality I do have to decide for myself how it will get done I suppose.

I was hesitant about E-booking because it is so pirate friendly. Now that I think about it I don't care at all, I'm a pirate, I want people to read it. Online is easy and cheap.

It's only intended to be around 120-150 pages, around 80 are done and it seems to be progressing smoothly. I don't feel too challenged by the prospect of completing it.


--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738254 -

well first, you need to write the book.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738258 -

very cool. You should just put it online. Free information for free minds. If it's sucessful you may get it, or your next book picked up by a publisher. Or you might ask downloaders to donate... :shrug:


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8738287 -

Yeah yeah I'm writing, I'm writing.. haha
I write every day, but not constantly.

I am just refusing to work for my last summer in university before grad this December... I worked for more than a year straight simultaneously with classes and it was pretty un-awesome. Thus a summer off, and writing a book to feel not completely useless while refusing to work for the man.


--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738349 -

ExplosiveMango said:
Thus a summer off, and writing a book to feel not completely useless while refusing to work for the man.



Is every possible employer "the man?" I love my employers - I consider them a part of my extended family. Doesn't bother me one bit to give them my time for money.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8738372 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
ExplosiveMango said:
Thus a summer off, and writing a book to feel not completely useless while refusing to work for the man.



Is every possible employer "the man?" I love my employers - I consider them a part of my extended family. Doesn't bother me one bit to give them my time for money.



omg what a slave, you trade your skills for currency?

pshhh.

i just stand around and manifest anything i need by begging everyone i see that has more than me to "kick it down".

If im not doing that, then im probably standing around with some witty sign begging for money.

between the two, i have no time to go job searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: themange]
    #8738438 -

You don't necessarily get it, I should be well paid as of January. I have one place where I have been accepted if I choose to work, but a nicer opportunity (with a flatter firm) that is just a likelihood.

I don't hate the man, I just feel I deserve to relax more than he deserves my energy right now. These last 3 months have been my only time off within the last 2.5 years. I think these notions of 8 hour days, 5 day work weeks, and 2 week vacations are stupid ones. It's nice to not be forced to indulge them sometimes.


--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8738480 -

dont take my sarcasm offensivley it wasn't directed at you.

I don't "work" either.

i just started thinking about how much i hate lot lizards.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: themange]
    #8740386 -

120 pages seems like a pretty small book to me. What kind of book is it, exactly? A research piece, or more your first hand experiences? I guess I don't really get the topic either.


--------------------
Captain Cannabis, Guardian of Ganja, Sultan of Shrooms, Giver of Green, Tabbed Tripper, and all around Good Guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Book Publishing [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8740516 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The best book you've ever read?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
13eetleJuice 9,934 84 04/11/17 01:35 AM
by Big Worm
* What books are on YOUR bookshelf?..............
( 1 2 all )
Bullfrog1 3,452 21 04/10/03 09:04 AM
by Squid
* What are your favorite books??
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,931 44 03/19/04 03:41 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Help a literary phobic (Recommend Books) StrandedVoyager 1,128 9 05/01/08 02:16 PM
by 5150
* Can someone recommend a good book on Buddhism?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,000 27 06/27/04 12:08 PM
by Learyfan
* the book is always better than the movie.. asd11 1,238 18 12/25/04 10:43 PM
by kadakuda
* Has anyone here ever stolen Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book" ivi 2,674 15 01/10/05 01:14 AM
by empnero
* Shit, and I was looking forward to this book... TheHobbit 549 4 10/07/03 11:26 AM
by TheHobbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
558 topic views. 5 members, 88 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.