Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I found a pet Ant colony!
    #8692378 -

I was cutting down an ash tree to craft into a bow when I realized that there were little red ants coming out of the wood! I decided to sacrifice the Bow Staff and cut out the ant Colony. So far it's been a lot of fun watching them do their thing. I can definitely see some kind of organization going on. I put the colony in a glad-ware tub half buried in saw dust so the ants have somewhere to transfer their young when the log gets too hot. (I saw them do this today when the log's surface temp read 101 F) So here are some picture I took today:


This is a picture of the whole Colony. There are two entrances and they do not appear to be connected beneath the surface. They are located on the two knots on either side. I have chiseled a flat spot in the log to accommodate bread soaked in sugar water as food. I may add a small water hole as well if I deem it necessary.



This is one of the ants feeding



One ant leaving the colony and one entering.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a pet Ant colony! [Re: Xeluc]
    #8692445 -

cool - i dare you to eat them all...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a pet Ant colony! [Re: Platinum]
    #8692468 -

ants are actually pretty good, a mild acidic, sort of lemony flavor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Insane ant colony.
( 1 2 all )
LeftyBurnz 1,555 22 05/25/08 05:57 PM
by LucidDream
* The Official Pub Ant Farm *FINISHED*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
Atheist 16,943 301 07/01/08 03:28 PM
by igwna
* I want an exotic bug for a pet
( 1 2 3 all )
Drewwyann 4,554 55 10/03/08 09:11 AM
by igwna
* Did you know..ants live in some plants VisionsToReality 480 3 11/29/07 06:54 PM
by VisionsToReality
* Ants - the ultimate fungi cultivator MAIA 1,464 8 03/08/06 11:39 AM
by GrapeSoda
* Ants
( 1 2 all )
Jenny 2,770 28 05/23/05 09:59 PM
by Jenny
* Red Ant (I just wrote a super cute song) AlCapwn 264 0 04/12/08 08:16 AM
by AlCapwn
* ants
( 1 2 all )
wearejellyfish 2,527 22 07/24/07 10:32 PM
by wearejellyfish

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
415 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.05 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.