Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Just saw The Dark Knight
    #8682250 -

I'm sad to say that I didn't really like it. Maybe it was the impossibly high hopes from the three year wait or all the previews which I tried to avoid like the plague, either way, it was solid and had a LOT of high points, but all in all, I can't say I would ever watch this ever again.

I'm drowning my sorrows with a great cab right now :sad:


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: whattheheck]
    #8682256 -

I thought it was great. I don't even like batman that much.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Kada]
    #8682266 -

ya i didnt thnk it was that gr8
it was entertaining but still
it had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more potential i believe
lots of stuff they did was old ideas from other batmans
i mean ya he should do the same stuff but comonnnnnnn
maybe when they introduce the pigwin itll b coo


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682308 -

I don't like Bale but Heath Ledger more than made up for him. Overall I felt it was very well done but had lots of potential that went unrecognized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: never.never.land]
    #8682320 -

i didnt really like how invincible the joker was
in reality he would have so many broken bones by the end
and that 1 guy who he throw 2 stories up who broke his legs
he was fine later on like wtf


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682334 -

Wait I missed that. He appeared later fine? Are you sure you weren't too stoned to tell the difference? :p

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: never.never.land]
    #8682344 -

he was in the hospitol and he told them were the joker would be which was in that building of windows were the hosties were made 2 look like bad guys


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682366 -

But he was in the hospital, doesn't that explain the fall Batman gave him?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: never.never.land]
    #8682393 -

no he was in the hallway standing up dont u remeber
and hes like ill tell u were joker is


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: never.never.land]
    #8682399 -

i saw it for the second time tonight and caught a lot of stuff that i missed the first time. it's a very good movie but upon examination there are a lotttt of inconsistencies. i noticed something kind of interesting too.

[SPOILER]the scenes right after the joker blows up the buildings where dent and rachel were held are very reminiscent of the footage of the firefighters working at ground zero on 9/11. especially the part with two firefighters standing next to a pile of wreckage in the fading light. swear i saw that in Time Magazine lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682418 -

Clearly I need to watch that movie again. :grin: And maybe get some sleep. Night all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: never.never.land]
    #8682430 -

did u notice in Batman Begins Gordon has a baby kid
and in this 1 he has 2 grown kids rofl


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682439 -

also 2 face wouldnt  b able 2 talk so perfectly with those injuries
hes missing muscles n shit


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682468 -

I noticed the whole "broke both legs but I'll be fine a few scenes later" thing. Also, while Ledger did a good job playing the Joker I wish he would have been more "funny" in a twisted way. The whole "dark humor" aspect was touched upon with the whole "Why So Serious?" bit of the Joker, but I wish he would have been just a bit more "touched" in the humor department. All of his jokes weren't far removed from the comic relief of any character from any movie. He should have been focused on "humor" that was far from funny to the people involved. Instead, he was just a bad guy with clown make-up.


--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Quotation]
    #8682477 -

dood fuck ya i didnt even realize that too
4 sure man he wasnt funny enuf
lawl
we should write a script 2getha


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Quotation]
    #8682482 -

Quote:
Instead, he was just a bad guy with clown make-up.



It's a different kind of Joker. The earlier depictions (like Jack Nicholson's) were funny-yet-creepy. This Joker isn't funny. He's fucking psychopathic.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: zouden]
    #8682490 -

Right. He was crazy, but he's still the Joker. I wish they would have made his humor creep the audience out. Very, very dark humor. Though I can't think of any good examples, I want him to start laughing his head off at something that, in reality, has no real humor value. His sense of humor should be black.


--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: zouden]
    #8682491 -

naw but in the comix thats how he was too


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682497 -

Or, come to think of it, even laughing at his own plans more. Or commenting on how he finds it funny that Batman lost the girl he cared for. Relating more things he already did to humor. For example, (spoiler)

The boat experiment. He could have laughed a lot more at that. Or his whole speech on anarchy. He could have ended it with the line "...And that's funny." Even a bit more expansion on his "Why so serious?" line would have been nice.


--------------------
Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles.-DrugstoreCowboy

The world is like a ride at an amusement park- thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's loud and fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Don't worry or be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride" But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? But it doesn't matter: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want.-BillHicks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just saw The Dark Knight [Re: Coaster]
    #8682503 -

I just watched it for a second time tonight and picked up more on the things I didn't like. Before I go into that though I gotta say that Ledger's Joker is the way I think the Joker should be played. He's a murdering psychopath, Batman's antithesis. The joke is not funny. It's a sick sick joke. He's a Joker because he doesn't take anything seriously. That being said, anyone notice that after he throws Rachel out of the Penthouse and Batman dives out to save her, the scene ends? I mean, the Joker is still up there. With knives, and guns, and lots and lots of people. WTF? I think the acting portion (except for Bale, but I believe that's more of a character choice rather then a lack of acting talent) was first grade, but the production quality and editing was lacking. I give the Dark Knight an A-. And they better bring the Joker back...


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Batman Begins THE KRAT BARON 1,303 18 06/16/05 12:22 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Batman Dark Knight high res pics enthusiast24 562 4 08/17/07 03:00 PM
by younikrawn
* Has anyone seen the new Batman Movie?
( 1 2 all )
bf6 2,128 29 06/16/05 08:09 AM
by bf6
* Superman vs Batman GreenScreen 1,538 12 02/12/07 09:32 PM
by daytripper05
* Dark star crashes pouring its light into ashes C20H25N3O 2,148 9 03/17/05 07:19 PM
by Smallworlds
* Old Batman Comic SHiZNO 771 6 03/01/05 11:41 PM
by SHiZNO
* James Bond vs Batman Muppet 1,222 15 06/03/05 12:27 AM
by TYL3R
* Holly phil bombs batman! notapillow 959 9 10/29/06 07:48 PM
by Krishna

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,958 topic views. 13 members, 52 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.