Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Vaporizer Question
    #8642689 -

I'm getting ready to go back to college and was considering buying a vaporizer.  My friends all rave about them and how awesome they are so I figure why not.  My main concern is this: does the smell of herbs vaporizing in them stronger than that of say a bong?  My school has a zero tolerance policy and usually bust people if it smells outside the door.  We'd be taking normal precautions: towel under door, tons of febreeze, etc.  If anyone can shed some insight thatd be awesome.  Thanks and peace.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Complex]
    #8642718 -

Hmm... kind of a weird subject. On one hand, the first few hits smell like FRESH herb... more like you're growing it than smoking it. :shiftyeyes: On the other hand, the second half of each bowl smells like you're cooking popcorn. :shrug:

I would have to say that, given the proper precautions, (sploof, toweled door, etc.) it is no more than on-par with the detectability of bong hits.

If anything, the lack of a 'burning' smell would drop detectability down a peg. But you still need to be discreet and go through the usual precautions.

Edited by JacquesCousteau (07/16/08 01:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8642843 -

thanks for the info and advice Jacques.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Complex]
    #8643026 -

vaporizers don't smell all that strong IMO.  the smell and vapors dissipate real quick.  you don't need to sploof it or a towel under the door (you could to be extra safe).  Just give two quick sprays from an air freshner once you're finished vaping.

the fact that the herbs aren't going through combustion is what allows the vaporizers to be so stealthy.  i went the whole school year with no problem and i highly advise getting one.


--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8643078 -

i was under the impression that vapes didnt smell for a while, but they really do (at least to the non-smoker)

just be careful and you shouldnt have any problems


--------------------
On the scale of wibble to wobble...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Complex]
    #8643126 -

My gfs mom said it didn't even smell like pot when we we're using it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Complex]
    #8643149 -

Since I've bought my vape I haven't used anything else.

I don't have to leave my room. I smoke multiple times a day, you can NEVER smell it.

EVER.

If it's a good vape, you shouldn't be able to smell anything.

I've noticed that if you take a really big rip and blow it out you might be able to get a whiff of it for a second but it dissipates so fast it's ridiculous.

I've vaped in my car with my girl and her friend who is a non smoker (car adapter ftw), and I specifically remember her looking at me in wonder and saying "Wow, I can't smell a thing when you use that!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Innominate]
    #8643239 -

Well, whatever.

All I know is that I've been vaping in the same spot in the same room for over a year and it DEFINITELY has a sweet vapey smell even a good 8 hours after last use. You could chalk this up to the deposits on the walls and surfaces, but even that should be taken into consideration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8643286 -

You said your shit smelled like cooked popcorn when you take a second hit.

I only get that when I use shitty vapes and/or the temp is wayyyyyy too fucking high.

It shouldn't taste like cooked anything. Neither my aromazap nor my friends volcano (pre digital) ever tastes or smells like popcorn.

The only time I've ever experienced that was with my Ubie (those cheap 10 dollar vapes that you use a lighter with). I've also experienced this with vapes that have their temps set too high.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Innominate]
    #8643296 -

I didn't say the second hit. I said toward the second half of the bowl. I meant it starts to shift towards the end, and simply chose a poor wording.

Also, in MY opinion, if you aren't pushing it to the point where it starts to taste/smell like popcorn, you aren't getting all the actives out of your herb.

It DOES NOT taste like popcorn on the second hit. Let me make that clear. The smell takes on a popcorn-like variance when it's about done.

Also, it's not like it's overwhelmingly popcorn like... it's just a way of describing the shift of the smell as it goes from thc-dominant to plant-matter dominant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Innominate]
    #8643307 -

Also, for what it's worth, I had an AromaZap ages ago and have since upgraded. I got the popcorn smell with THAT too. (And there's no temp control.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8643328 -

i will agree that when a bowl is done being fully vaped it should have a scent of cooked/burnt popcorn but like i said its not a powerful smell by any means and is easily covered up by any concentrated air freshner.

when its all said and done, i dont think the smell will be an issue.


--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8643377 -

If you have a vape set at the right temperature it will vape all of the actives you need. I can take 10 pulls from my vape but it will never taste like "popcorn". What WILL happen is I will stop feeling the vapor in my lungs after the 2nd or 3rd pull, and I have to repack. THAT'S how I know that I'm getting all the actives.

Any actives that are left in my bud are definitely negligible, but even still I do a butane extraction when I have a quart jar full so NOTHING is wasted. (By the way the yield from this is substantially small, which is enough evidence to me that I'm getting most of my bud's worth the first time around).

Like I said, I've never had it taste like cooked popcorn unless the temp too high. And it's exactly as you described, the first pull will taste and smell very "herby" and the second like popcorn. Once again, I've only ever experienced this with Ubies and digi vapes with the temp set too high.

IMO if you're smelling ANYTHING the temp is too high, period.

I've never had a problem with my aromazap, but then again I have a myrtle zap, which has a denser wood which acts as a heat sink but to compensate it comes with a 13.5v adapter instead of a 12v.

Either way I can safely say that I've never smelt a thing with my aromazap, and I've done plenty of "smell tests" with friends. It's just not there.

I have nothing else to say to this. You can believe whatever you want, but IME you shouldn't be smelling anything but a quick whiff of bud if anything, which dissipates in mere seconds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8643381 -

I agree that it is not a terribly powerful smell, but we are talking about a college dorm, and one that is pretty hard-assed about this stuff to boot, so I figured better safe than sorry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Innominate]
    #8643389 -

Innominate said:
And it's exactly as you described, the first pull will taste and smell very "herby" and the second like popcorn.



Christ. I didn't say that. Okay, I'm done talking to you, too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8643418 -

JacquesCousteau said:
Innominate said:
And it's exactly as you described, the first pull will taste and smell very "herby" and the second like popcorn.



Christ. I didn't say that. Okay, I'm done talking to you, too.



Quote:
JacquesCousteau said:On one hand, the first few hits smell like FRESH herb... more like you're growing it than smoking it. :shiftyeyes: On the other hand, the second half of each bowl smells like you're cooking popcorn. :shrug:





Yeah, it definitely doesn't look like you said ANYTHING like that, right? :rolleyes:



:kingtard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Complex]
    #8643449 -

I vaped popcorn and it smelled like marijuana. Go figure. :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Innominate]
    #8643454 -

Vaporized pot doesn't even really smell like pot, it smells more like you're baking bread or making some weird ass ethnic soup, or at least that's my opinion. If you light some incense while smoking you should be more than fine. In fact I would really have no fear of smoking a vaporizer in an apartment or dorm right next to a NARC or DEA agent. On the other hand, I'd be worried about my behavior and incessant laughing after I got vaped. :vaped:


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: Cameron]
    #8643455 -

I like ur avatar :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vaporizer Question [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8643466 -

Sometimes vapeing weed tastes like fish, spinach, or just pure ass sometimes. I love when I get lemon diesel or something of the like, shit tastes like Pine Sol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thinking about getting an Aromazap... Twirling 361 0 06/11/05 02:45 PM
by Twirling
* I *love* my new Aromazap Vaporizer
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,965 38 02/10/05 05:04 PM
by MOTH
* Vaporize this!!!! bluelou 1,108 10 01/31/03 06:52 AM
by Anonymous
* Best Resonse to a Stupid Persons Stupid Question mjshroomer 2,201 15 03/24/04 06:58 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Very OT: Strange question about fire damage and photos... GernBlanston 1,178 4 01/05/04 03:04 PM
by GernBlanston
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,184 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry
* Quick chemistry question FirstAvailable 1,579 11 04/01/04 06:14 PM
by FirstAvailable
* a few questions about the family :) Vulture 2,217 10 09/01/03 09:47 PM
by Vulture

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,140 topic views. 3 members, 25 guests and 104 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.