Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLanaV
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: In Response To Ripper Hatred.
    #86033 - 06/03/00 05:26 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

In a sense, I agree with Ripper. I throughly enjoy the Shroomery, but within the past few weeks the content of the posts have deteriorated. I would come in here alot, now I'll stop in maybe once or twice a week just to say hi to a few friends. And as Ripper has said, alot of folks who really like to grow and who are good at it have left the Shroomery and many aren't coming around as much as they use to:-(

Perhapes its time to tighten up the Shroomery's belt a bit and start redefining what the Shroomery is?

I like cultivation on many different levels, but when you've got posts that have absolutely positively NOTHING to do with mushrooms at all...it's somewhat of a waste of server space:-(

At the time of me writing this, the "Off Topic" Forum has 5633 topics and the "Mushroom Cultivation" Forum has 11047 topics. BUT, lets read into this, that number is simply the number of TOPICS.

The Off Topic Forum has 61368 posts!!!
The Mushroom Cultivation Forum has 53088...

I think you can put 2 and 2 together from here.

Ripper: you asked for expectations in this forum, well, I really don't expect anything but it would be nice if things were cleaned up.

Said my peace in the most passive way I could:-)

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#86035 - 06/03/00 11:32 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I don't "hate" ripper, but I suppose I am one of the critical ones.

I am critical because I don't appreciate having my threads deleted without explanation or word. And yes I heard you say that they had been moved, but that is not the case. They are gone, no search will find them in any forum. But no big deal, maybe a computer glitch.

And I don't appreciate the inconsistency of locking threads because they don't belong in A.M.C., and then posting something like "Johnny's troubles" or whatever.

I guess what I am trying to say is that AMC is a less pleasant place to lurk and occasionally post if it has to be so structured. It isn't like it takes a bunch of time to wade through the posts. :wink:

So I hope that this might be taken as constructive critisism. I understand the commitment of being a moderator (I have been one elsewhere) and appreciate it. It is like most things, it takes a little experience to get good at.

DD

Anonymous

#86036 - 06/03/00 11:36 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Listen to yourself Ripper and lock this thread or move it to OTD it has nothing to do with cultivation. Lead by example.
-Caps

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #86038 - 06/04/00 12:01 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I have to side with ripper on this one. As a moderator it is his job to oversee this forum and eliminate topics that dont belong for whatever reason. On the other hand, it would be nice if you have the time to close a topic, you explain why. I'm sure that would ease the tension just a bit.
And to caps, I would guess the reason ripper is posting this here is because it directly relates to this forum.. and the people that frequent AMC (to whom this is probably directed)... think about it dude..

vivid

InvisibleRipper
enthusiast
    #86039 - 06/04/00 02:34 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Vivid, you hit it right on the nail, I posted it here because it was relavent to this group. As far as the johnny situation goes, well lets see, I don't think that building a humidity tent is exactly standard cultivation =). This group will be moderated, and like I said its not to be a dick. From now on explanations will be given for all threads that are moved or deleted UNLESS its someone thats obviously a newbie. In which case I WILL TRY my hardest to write them a private message explaining the nature of this forum. None of the things I do are to hurt this group, they are only to improve it and I hope you all can see this. I love the shroomery and I REALLY want advanced cultivation to be a prime example of the quality content we can have here. Alot of people read the BB that don't ever post, and I would like them to be able to come in here and not sift through junk posts. Also, I would like people who have new teks' to feel free to post them in here, without worrying about them getting lost in the shuffle.

Ripper =) remember it only takes a couple muscles to smile and like lots to suck donkey balls.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #86040 - 06/04/00 04:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Good for you, toss out the riffraff. Just don't forget to let the riffraff know where you tossed 'em!

BTW Sucking donkey balls isn't as taxing as it may seem. It's much easier than sucking hippo balls. Hippo balls just have much trickier access.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#86041 - 06/04/00 09:32 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like you have a problem with infomation organization here. I myself often have difficulties locating some information that I?m looking for. Now the split between a newbie and a senior Forum resolves some of those problems. But not all. I would suggest to come up with a different categorization that makes searching a bit easier, and stimulates new, more appropriate posts at the same time. Shouldn?t be too hard to realize for all you mad scientists ;-)
Why not make a specific section on composting, liquid innoculations or other usefull categories for instance? It may take away the kind of "elitist" atmosphere that the original "class division" invokes.
Thanks by the way, for offering a wonderfull forum like this.

Anonymous

#86042 - 06/04/00 10:06 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Rip, sometimes every moderator has to walk tall and carry a big stick.

------------------
**Quality spore prints**
Two new strains available , Thailand and Golden teacherwww.geocities.com/mycomountain/prints.html

Anonymous

#86043 - 06/04/00 12:17 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Teo, do you think that having more ways to catagorize will increase or decrease elitism. Increasing class stratification in a society rarely leads to greater understanding. The best reason for creating more catagories would be to lessen the number of off topic post one has to wade through. That really doesn't seem to be a problem over here in A.M.C. On a personal note, I use the Shroomery message boards because I like the format, I like the people, and I like having moderators. I can deal with censorship when it is my option. If I didn't want to deal with being moderated, I could go back over to the usenet and wade through irrelevant posts and flame wars.
Just my little vote of support.

------------------
"It never got weird enough for me."

InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
    #86044 - 06/04/00 08:07 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

maybe you should try being a little less of an *******. Otherwise I find you very intelligent and helpful, but telling someone they need to read a book and quit wasting space. wtf? lose the im better than you attitude ripper.

[This message has been edited by Ripper (edited June 04, 2000).]

InvisibleRipper
enthusiast
    #86045 - 06/04/00 08:53 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

I never said quit wasting space, I simply mentioned reading a book. Maybe TMC should be required reading material for this group? And I'm better then you attitude, well this isn't a flame and I'm not letting it change into one, the point of this group is to advance in cultivation techniques, AND we don't exactly have time to do that when we are too busy responding to questions that are answered in widely accepted literature among the mycological community.
Ripper

Anonymous

#86046 - 06/04/00 09:28 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

i think you should not be so hard on peoples questions. true some are below the advanced topics, but thats no reason to be a jerk. they come to the advance mushroom topics for help with there cultivation problems. whats wrong with that? i am always happy to help the beginner cultivator. you should be happy to help them increase there knownledge on mushroom cultivation. so when they start trying more difficult species they will share there idea's with the advanced cultivators. to futher produce new tek's for difficult specie's to fruit. ripper you need to stop thinking that your better then every one else and get a life. zapotec

[This message has been edited by zapotec (edited June 04, 2000).]

InvisibleRipper
enthusiast
    #86047 - 06/04/00 10:30 PM (16 years, 8 months ago)

Like I said, I don't feel that I'm better then anyone else. Beginner cultivators are NOT welcome to come in here and post newbie questions, they WILL be moved to normal cultivation. Sorry guys, but this group is for ADVANCED CULTIVATION, you don't like it, LEAVE. No one in authority has any problem with the way I'm handling things here and if someone actually has a legitimate reason to bitch I'd like to hear it. Thread Closed, this is not a flame and I really hate that you guys had to turn it into one. My actions are not uncalled for and if you think they are feel free to write me a private message, any further SPAMMING in this group the threads will be deleted IMMEDIATELY.

Ripper

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology