Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Gumby]
    #8573891 -

I just downgraded back to 2. 3 wouldn't run most of my plug-ins. And what's up with that stoopid, complicated pull-down on the address bar? Plain recently-visited URLs is all you need there, not that complicated mess. And now there are new icons to learn all over again when a printed word for (Home, Back, Reload, whatever) is all you need. It's like Egyptian hieroglyphics.

BTW, don't bother reporting bugs on their forums. The default answer to every bug report is "must be your system... it works for me". That's not helpful.

And don't get me started on their uninstall that doesn't. There was a ton of crap polluting my file system and registry after the uninstall. Fortunately I imaged the OS before installing 3. :thumbdown:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Diploid]
    #8573924 -

Diploid said:
I just downgraded back to 2. 3 wouldn't run most of my plug-ins. And what's up with that stoopid, complicated pull-down on the address bar? Plan recently-visited URLs is all you need there, not that complicated mess. And now there are new icons to learn all over again when a printed word for (Home, Back, Reload, whatever) is all you need. It's like Egyptian hieroglyphics.

BTW, don't bother reporting bugs on their forums. The default answer to every bug report is "must be your system... it works for me". That's not helpful.

And don't get me started on their uninstall that doesn't. There was a ton of crap polluting my file system and registry after the uninstall. Fortunately I imaged the OS before installing 3. :thumbdown:




If you're running Windows you need this.  It is amazing.  Loads programs that don't even come up in the uninstall windows control panel, automatically accesses the program's uninstall program, and after that does a deep registry scan and allows you to delete the deleted programs footprints throughout the computer.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8573933 -

I image the OS partition before installing anything. That 100% guarantees a clean uninstall when I restore the backup if I don't like what was installed. A crappy driver can defeat even the best aftermarket uninstaller.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Diploid]
    #8574049 -

Works better than FX2


--------------------



http://www.myspace.com/4th25


"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: downforpot]
    #8574063 -

FF2 also had problems rendering pages for me. I always had to reload them to get all the pictured to show, but FF3 hasn't had a problem yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: googlemeplz]
    #8574067 -

googlemeplz said:
FF2 also had problems rendering pages for me. I always had to reload them to get all the pictured to show, but FF3 hasn't had a problem yet.



Exact opposite happened for me when I upgraded to FF3.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Gumby]
    #8574090 -

Gumby said:
googlemeplz said:
FF2 also had problems rendering pages for me. I always had to reload them to get all the pictured to show, but FF3 hasn't had a problem yet.



Exact opposite happened for me when I upgraded to FF3.




Here too.  I'm wondering if it's an Nvidia thing?  That what video card you have?


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8574104 -

I have an ATI Raedon card.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Gumby]
    #8574111 -

Occasionally FF2 will screw up and not load some images...but that's only if I open like a 50 page thread to all posts and there's tons of big images in it...


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Gumby]
    #8574164 -

Gumby said:
I have an ATI Raedon card.



Nevermind then :smile:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: zouden]
    #8574412 -

I prefer tabbrowser preferences as it has this feature where you can mouse over a tab to focus it, without clicking. I liked it on my big computer, but on the laptop it's even more useful as the mouse buttons are stiff.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8574487 -

I think FF3 (not final fantasy!) is great. It's got loads of good features, it's snappy, much more snappier than IE, will have loads of great add-ons when all the devs update theom from FF2. I know it's like not perfect but i think it gives a really great browsing experience (I should be in advertising).

It's also a shining star in the open source community. I love the proliferation of open source software and the heart that people put into it.


--------------------
Law breakers, law makers, let us fight them all, why not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8574488 -

How many of you are running Vista?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: FungusMan]
    #8574621 -

XP here.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: FungusMan]
    #8574698 -

FungusMan said:
How many of you are running Vista?



I am running Vista 64bit premium. I love it but I don't like its memory hogging.


--------------------



http://www.myspace.com/4th25


"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: downforpot]
    #8575129 -

I had to stop using tabbrowser preferences because it had a large memory leak. That might be fixed now, I don't know.

For any of you stuck with extensions that aren't "compatible" with FF3, if you install Nightly Tester Tools, you can force them to run. Works fine for most of them. After a few months when all my extensions are updated I'll uninstall NTT because it's no longer needed. That's what I did when I upgraded to FF1 and FF2.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8575185 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
Gumby said:
googlemeplz said:
FF2 also had problems rendering pages for me. I always had to reload them to get all the pictured to show, but FF3 hasn't had a problem yet.



Exact opposite happened for me when I upgraded to FF3.




Here too.  I'm wondering if it's an Nvidia thing?  That what video card you have?



I have an Nvidia, 8800 GT.. works fine both in XP and Vista.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In case you were wondering, Firefox 3 sucks balls. [Re: FungusMan]
    #8575251 -

FungusMan said:
No probs here. I like it :smile:



oh ya this program is the best

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* FireFox
( 1 2 3 all )
Jared 6,946 55 04/05/04 11:14 PM
by ivi
* Firefox Ravus 1,287 9 12/04/04 05:56 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* firefox tip #76
( 1 2 all )
afoaf 1,530 20 11/19/04 09:03 AM
by afoaf
* Trouble logging in using Firefox? socratesmind 1,800 14 08/19/04 08:19 PM
by Vvellum
* Why does the pub suck so bad?
( 1 2 all )
Dreamer987 3,486 22 05/21/03 12:59 AM
by Papaver
* Wonder if I'll sleep tonight... TheHobbit 1,650 16 08/21/03 07:59 PM
by TheHobbit
* doesnt graetful dead SUCK burt_peso 1,915 14 06/01/03 08:30 AM
by gdman
* Sucks to be an American pot smoker when Canada has these.... Dogomush 1,822 12 08/05/03 05:06 PM
by Jack_Straw

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,681 topic views. 4 members, 33 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.