Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo!
    #8531047 -

this makes me so happy!

Kanye Booed at Bonnaroo

06/16/2008 5:00 AM, E! Online
Josh Grossberg

The Bonnaroo boobirds were out in full force for Kanye West this weekend.

The Grammy winner walked onto the festival stage nearly two hours past his scheduled 2:45 a.m. performance time Sunday morning and was greated by bleary-eyed fans' chorus of boos and chants of "Kanye sucks."

West was originally set to kick things off at 8:15 p.m., but because he wanted to make the most of his Glow-in-the-Dark Tour's lighting show, the hip-hopster's camp asked to push back the gig to 2:45 a.m. following Pearl Jam's show.



However, the Seattle grunge rockers' gig lasted an hour longer than planned, with Eddie Vedder and bandmates not wrapping until 1:15 a.m. Then there was an extended break while Pearl Jam's roadies disassembled the band's stage and West's crew set up his own elaborate backdrop, a glow-in-the-dark spaceship along with undulating black platform and raised video screen.
Organizers posted a message via Jumbotron that the "Can't Tell Me Nothing" rapper wouldn't be taking the stage until 3:15 a.m., then 3:30. When 4:15 a.m. rolled around and still no West, the antsy crowd began hurling glow sticks at the stage and screaming anti-West sentiments. Bonnaroo officials didn't help the matter, not informing festivalgoers why the changeover was taking so long.

West finally made his entrace at 4:30 a.m., but by then, many exhausted attendees had had enough and returned to their tents.

Apparently, they didn't miss too much.

Judging by online reviews, West's performance didn't stand out from the 150 acts performing at the four-day musical campout. In fact, it was a yawner.

"He was two hours late, cut his show short, didn't once acknowlegde the crowd that waited two hours on an already late show, not even a wave goodbye...I'm no longer a Kanye fan, huge disappointment," one fan wrote at the music blog Stereogum.com.

"It's not the stage hands' fault; that stage was set up for well over an hour before Kanye decided to grace us with his presence," wrote another attendee on VillageVoice.com. "The next time he holds that finger up and proclaims himself as #1, I hope someone tells him what he can do with that finger."

Per festival reports, West failed to even acknowledge his tardiness.

The bad vibes carried over to Sunday's daytime slate, when during his set pedal-steel guitar virtuoso Robert Randolph groused about West's behavior, prompting fans to reprise the "Kanye sucks" chant.

There was no immediate comment from the West camp.


http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/61281870

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #8531064 -

I was so happy in the morning when I heard people around camp talking about it. Fuck that guy.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8531088 -

CokedUpHobit64 said:
Fuck that guy.



fuck all that shit music, too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8531089 -

yeah what a pompous ass,  first he whines about his timeslot and get a new one, then he gets out played by Pearl Jam who are true Music legends and not just self promoted legends like kanye.  Then he is two hours late for his time slot, has a sub par performance and ends his set early, thanking nobody for showing up.  See that is the true test for s musician.  He couldnt stand up to anyone who has real taste in music.  He may sell millions of copies of Gold digger to white suburban high school kids, but to a music contisour he is worthless.

"BOO THIS MAN"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #8531106 -

cottlestonpie said:
yeah what a pompous ass,  first he whines about his timeslot and get a new one, then he gets out played by Pearl Jam who are true Music legends and not just self promoted legends like kanye.  Then he is two hours late for his time slot, has a sub par performance and ends his set early, thanking nobody for showing up.



...so he's the stereotypical entitled black man?


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8531111 -

that nigga has zero talent


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8531123 -

i really don't understand how this bullshit fucking music makes it sometimes

SELL SELL SELL SELL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #8531129 -

I like the dude, I hope he's opposite Nine Inch Nails at Lollapalooza.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: cottlestonpie]
    #8531130 -

They probably still would have booed him if he showed up on time.  Who the hell wants to hear some guy rapping over beats  being played from a CD player backstage.  People go to concerts to hear actual musicians.  If you want to hear a record just buy the damn record.  But don't play a record loud and call it a concert.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: BoneMan]
    #8531134 -

I'd like to see you do better.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: indica]
    #8531139 -

Some say a comet will fall from the sky...


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: jewunit]
    #8531140 -

I could.  I play in a reggae band that would probly please a lot more people than kanye allegedly did.

I'm not saying the man isn't talented. He's probably one of the best things to happen to mainstream hip hop in a long time.  But I just don't think the music lends itself to live performance.  The Roots, now thats a real band.

Edited by BoneMan (06/16/08 07:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: jewunit]
    #8531148 -



this guy is awesome live!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: BoneMan]
    #8531156 -

BoneMan said:
They probably still would have booed him if he showed up on time.  Who the hell wants to hear some guy rapping over beats  being played from a CD player backstage.  People go to concerts to hear actual musicians.  If you want to hear a record just buy the damn record.  But don't play a record loud and call it a concert.



QFT

and don't make up for it by having an elaborate UFO onstage.

god what an asshole.


--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: BoneMan]
    #8531161 -

:lol: Reggae? Unless you're touring with Toots and the Maytals chances are your band only provides massive yawns. I understand people at Bonnaroo not digging Kanye, but come on, just because it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it isn't good.

Plus, if your band is so good, why weren't you playing at Bonnaroo in a late slot?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: indica]
    #8531165 -

xk3m_indica said:
i really don't understand how this bullshit fucking music makes it sometimes

SELL SELL SELL SELL



i'll tell you how it makes it... all you need is an undereducated fan base who likes to get drunk on jungle beats and machismo.

ooka dooka
ooka dooka nigga
ooka dooka wut wut
ooka dooka

then you can remix it and make another couple million


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: jewunit]
    #8531173 -

Real hip hop artists come out with a band or a DJ who scratches and rocks the beats on vinyl, not just playing prerecorded beats off of a cd player or computer, that shit is wack.  Kanye is complete garbage, he is the single most over rated artist of the last 5 years.  (possibly decade) 

Don't want to stereotype, but the only people I personally know who like Kanye are new jacks who just got into hip hop in the last several years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8531176 -

yeah but where do you get a fanbase?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: Geomancer]
    #8531177 -

Who do you like?
I can understand your sentiments, but Kanye is up there putting on a show. No different than Daft Punk. Music is about entertainment sometimes folks, and my understanding is Kanye's show is usually pretty entertaining.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I knew Kanye wouldn't be able to handle Bonnaroo! [Re: indica]
    #8531183 -

i think the way that works is you suckle at the cock of an already established hip hop artist and then when they help you get set up you leech of their fanbase.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is it racism... TheShroomHermit 2,046 10 11/29/03 10:01 PM
by Asante
* To Bonnaroo or not to Bonnaroo..... kushlover 670 4 02/23/04 10:12 PM
by Harbinger
* Bonnaroo Survival Guide Cooltuba 2,651 0 03/21/05 12:31 PM
by Cooltuba
* Bonnaroo Shroomerites Unite!
( 1 2 all )
Prodijal_Son 3,881 32 02/25/03 07:51 AM
by Prodijal_Son
* BONNAROO, TIMES, DATES AND SLOTS UP! Adom 798 13 05/12/04 03:01 PM
by iloveraving
* question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo... ZippoZM 1,504 11 03/25/05 10:56 AM
by Vvellum
* Bonnaroo line up announced (WOW!) Adom 1,096 4 02/15/03 05:33 AM
by Adom
* Bonnaroo 2005 Artist Line Up -- NOW RELEASED
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Rebirtha 7,080 72 01/27/05 07:41 PM
by Rebirtha

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,974 topic views. 2 members, 10 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.