Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo...
    #3938711 - 03/19/05 04:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

heres the deal im going to get a car given to me by a nice member of this site, after a little work it will be driveable. i ave to go from chicago to florida to pick it up.

a friend i met at bonnaroo last year needs a ride to bonnaroo for 5 people, and if i can acomidate him hell give me a ticket...

so my train of thought is go down to florida on the bus, fix the car and get it to boston, and then trade it for the ticket and take the bus back to chicago.

but there are a few complications arrising from all of this.
i dont really have a problem trading a car for a ticket, but honestly the bus tickets and the repairs on the car are going to cost more than a ticket to bonnaroo ~~$200not to mention the gas in gettting it there... i mean yeah itll be a little vacation but mostly work and such..

also how do i get the car legally up to boston from florida witho\ut plates or a registration, can i legally drive on a bill of sale? i have heard thats the case, but i think that ill need insurance (legally) for some of the states ill have to drive through....

in the end its going to cost me alot more than a ticket to roo to get this car up there and legally in my buddies hands...

so my questions are these
is there a way to reduce the cost of titles and insurance while driving a car form florida to boston? and how do i take posesion of the car and get it legally in my friends name in boston...

should i ask him for more than a ticket for the car?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo... [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3938751 - 03/19/05 04:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

wow loking at it boston is as far from where i have to go to in florida as chicago is 1361.79 miles over the 15 miles to the gallon ill get driving this car.... 90.7 gallons.... times 2.10 a gallon for gas thats $190 alone....

and atleast $130 in bus tickets.... and te repair on the car.... this dosent look too favorable....

i suppose i can talk to my friend in boston about it. and see what he has to say. personally i was just going to go to roo and pay off one of the ticket takers for a wristband, probably only $50 at the most...

but i want to help this guy out, and id love to do the east coast thingie... any sugestions?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinehipitch
Stranger
    #3938793 - 03/19/05 04:31 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Are you serious? I personnaly would not trade pocket lint to go to mtvaroo this year. IMO the lineup just sucks,,there might be 3 bands worht the hassle,dmb and the black crows not being one of them.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo... [Re: hipitch]
    #3938806 - 03/19/05 04:35 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well i certainly want to go, i have been looking forward to it all year and want to see not only the bands, but have the expierence too.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3939042 - 03/19/05 09:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Mtvaroo? YOu people are fools.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo... [Re: Adom]
    #3941269 - 03/19/05 08:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adom said:
Mtvaroo? YOu people are fools.

mtv will be there. thats what i heard no idea if its true

OfflineMagillaGorilla
Cosmic Ape
Male

Loc: BC, Canada
    #3941371 - 03/19/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Check some insurance companies out to see if you can get temporary day or week insurance. I know you can do it here in Canada, and it's pretty cheap compared to full insurance.

Offlinehipitch
Stranger
Re: question about trading a car for a ticket to bonnaroo... [Re: Adom]
    #3967576 - 03/25/05 04:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ya mtvaroo, for sure, they are letting mtv in and look at the lineup it is horrible this year, and if you want the "experience" seriously find a cool local festival with some bands that are actually good, and the crowd is a little more cool,,I predict this will be one of the last bonnaroos,it happens all the time, it is over commercialized and will self destruct, like all things do when they go the corperate route. it just attracts the wrong people.

Invisiblericochet
    #3967591 - 03/25/05 04:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, this sounds like too much trouble for going to Bonnaroo. I've never been and realize it could have been cool early on, but now it doesn't seem worth it due to (as stated) commercialization and too much exposure (to the wrong people). it's up to you, but I wouldn't bother.

if you go through with this plan (without insurance) realize that when you drive through North Carolina you're required by law to have insurance. pretty sure you don't need it legally in South Carolina. just weigh the cons, and ultimately go with your instinct.

if you're determind to go to Bonnaroo, I'm sure there are better and less time consuming and more practical/safer ways. good luck.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3968273 - 03/25/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hipitch said:
ya mtvaroo, for sure, they are letting mtv in and look at the lineup it is horrible this year, and if you want the "experience" seriously find a cool local festival with some bands that are actually good, and the crowd is a little more cool,,I predict this will be one of the last bonnaroos,it happens all the time, it is over commercialized and will self destruct, like all things do when they go the corperate route. it just attracts the wrong people.

:thumbup:

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3968293 - 03/25/05 12:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3968301 - 03/25/05 12:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub