Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Sigur Ros tonight!
    #8530051 -

Man oh man do i love Sigur Ros. I've seen them open for Bjork once, though i arrived late and only caught two songs. And I saw them at Coachella last year, but they were plagued by sound problems. I'm very very excited at the opportunity to see them live in a small, intimate room - it holds 1600 people - they could play MUCH bigger rooms!  I'm wrestling with whether or not I want to throw some chemicals down the chute. :grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8530103 -

I was in a chemical frenzy at bonnaroo for the sigur ros set.. prepare to be moved.


--------------------
dewbie dewbie dew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: kristofer]
    #8530155 -

have a blast, go with as many chems as possible :thumbup: .





i find them whinge tastic and boring as fuck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: druqs]
    #8530234 -

As in, you whinge about them, or they whinge too much?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8530270 -

you lucky bastard new yorka.


--------------------
I need Jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8530284 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
As in, you whinge about them, or they whinge too much?




i find the vocals a whinge, but they fit the style of music well.

its all just a bit slow for me, nice background music though.

when it comes to non-electronic 'rock' music im more of a:



type fan.:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: druqs]
    #8530293 -

mycelismymind said:
OneMoreRobot3021 said:
As in, you whinge about them, or they whinge too much?




i find the vocals a whinge, but they fit the style of music well.




Well it's just that the definition of whinge is to complain in an annoying fashion. Nothing about their vocals, or even the content of their lyrics, strikes me as such. :shrug:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8530331 -

well, to me the tone, tempo, timbre and melody suggest he is having a whinge and a bit of a cry.

i am unaware as to what he is actually singing about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8530902 -

Man, they are soooooooo effing good live. I'm jealous. They are one of the only bands that can make emotions pour out of me with their music.

You're a lucky man. Please report back.


--------------------
ToiletDuk said:
For the record, I would show you my butthole but you would fall down and worship it as a God and you would give up everything to roam the land converting the heathens by fire and sword. Millions would die. No, no the cost is too great. I cannot.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #8530908 -

They were awesome at Bonnaroo.  The tone they set is so relaxing and comfortable.  I think I'm gonna listen to them before I go to sleep from now on. 

Have fun man.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8531299 -

I remember enjoying them quite a bit at coachella awhile back. Their new single is pretty great too, hope the rest of the album is on par. In any case, hope ya enjoy(ed)! Now I gotta go get ready for work. Meh.


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: TrippinTeddy]
    #8532048 -

MDA + Sigur Ros = Yes.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sigur Ros tonight! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8532160 -

/titters.  Glad you enjoyed yourself!  :grin: :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sigur Ros OneMoreRobot3021 475 2 08/20/04 01:07 PM
by PuZuZu
* Sigur Ros on Conan Obrien tonight phalloidin 862 8 02/09/06 06:20 AM
by bobjones
* Sigur Ros Plok 594 6 02/10/05 04:32 PM
by 40oz
* Saw Mogwai tonight OneMoreRobot3021 528 15 05/13/06 09:36 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Coachella Lineup Announced OneMoreRobot3021 979 18 02/07/06 08:57 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Bought my plane ticket to Coachella. OneMoreRobot3021 908 15 03/15/06 10:26 PM
by blissedout
* In Honor Of OneMoreRobot3021s' New Avatar
( 1 2 all )
TM 1,661 21 05/17/06 12:28 PM
by Cowgold
* Daft Punk - Live at Coachella
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,328 21 06/15/06 05:27 PM
by cybrbeast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
873 topic views. 6 members, 57 guests and 209 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.