Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS!
    #830262 - 08/20/02 10:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I started a month ago using pf method and some pf stropharia spores. Exactly one month after inoculation my first two cakes were ready for birthing. They have been out of the jars for over a week and i still dont have one dam shroom...what i do have is an ageing cake with lots of pins. I think elves are stealing my shrooms.
Keep in mind that this setup is not the same one i started with i have been changing it about every four days since the birth of my first two cakes. I figured four days would have been plenty to get some growth out of the original pins.
Somebody help me with this please? Hopefully i can explain more with these pictures.
This is a picture of the entire setup the humidifier is on a one hour timer. Its on an hour off an hour.

This is a look inside the terrarium there is a baking rack on the bottom and 60 watt 18" flourescent lamp attached to the top. The lamp is on a timer as well it stays on about 12 hours a day.

This is a picture of one of the first cakes i birthed over a week ago. The damn thing wont give me any shrooms just pinheads. It had alot of pins at birth and even more after going into the terrarium but no shrooms...Its brother is in a coke bottle terrarium but i dont have pictures of him...The brother hasnt given any shrooms yet either.

These two cakes had their birthday. I hope the new arrangment of things will help them do me right. The one has lots of pins the other has none the pins are kinda smushed i think that happend when i flipped the jars to grow in that last little bit of myceleum i heard it was a good idea, we?ll see i guess..

--------------------
The Pope thinks that Charles Darwin is an O.K. dude. Yes, Evolution is a fact, and the Bible has some good truths, but Mushrooms help man to point out the relavant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGETTmyNUTT
A Pimp ThatSurfs Well
Loc: florida
Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: REDCONTROL]
    #830274 - 08/20/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

no light+dry cakes= no shrooms

--------------------
Save a wave Ride a surfer

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: GETTmyNUTT]
    #830287 - 08/20/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

They were gettin about one hour of light a day at first...I dont think the cakes are dry either like i said they were birthed a little over a week ago..I would expect a lifespan of a month without drilling and adding water through a straw...but hey you tell me this is my first batch...I started with 16 jars one syringe and not a single one got contaminated. I know i did that part right.

--------------------
The Pope thinks that Charles Darwin is an O.K. dude. Yes, Evolution is a fact, and the Bible has some good truths, but Mushrooms help man to point out the relavant.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #830446 - 08/20/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What strain is it?
Is the humidity @ 99%?
Is the temp around 76F?
Are the cakes getting plenty of air exchange??

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#830452 - 08/20/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

One reason that they may be stalling is because your changing their enviroment. Mushrooms need certain conditions to be met, once met, they fruit. Since you have been changing the set-up, the shrooms have gotton mixed up and have stalled. Stick to one method if you already have initiated fruiting. Also it does look a little low in humidity, there are no pins on the sides or top, only the bottom, where the lid is probally preventing excess moisture from escaping. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #830463 - 08/20/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well man im not sure what the humidity had been ive got a 99 cent humidity guage thermometer.... i think the thermometer would be hard not to rely on dont see how you can manufacture one to fuck up its a pretty scientific method making a thermometer. The thermometer reads anywhere from 74 to 80 degrees given the time of day.. the humidity gauge however is a pretty crappy example it usually reads about 90 until i freshen up the air in the chamber....so man im still at a loss..given this has all been the same since the begging...now as you saw in the pictures i had two 2 1/2 gallon water jugs to dry the air, but previously i had only one 2 liter coke bottle to dry the air and the humidifier was not on a timer it just ran 24 hours a day pretty much. granted it was on low..but at any given moment removing the lid was like walking into a steam room with out the heat of course.. so you tell me?

--------------------

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

#830475 - 08/20/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, other than the MAN remarks, I understand what your saying. LOL , A friend of mine always said it best by saying use the KISS method( keep it simple stupid)* not saying you are, she said I was . And overly advanced systems can sometimes be harmful. If you had mist every time you opened the chamber, then the humidity was 100%. That much mist can cause too much moisture around the pinns. Hence your aborts at the bottom of the lid. Any time water droplets come in contact with developing pinns, they can and most often abort. So the humidifier is being used too much. There should only be drops of water on the sides of the chamber when you open the lid, all that excess vapor is excess and needs to stop or you may have another flush of aborts. You also need to go ahead and remove those on the bottom, so the next flush can use the energy. bluhoney

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: bluhoney]
    #830482 - 08/20/02 12:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

what if he dunked them.....? would that help, those cakes look kinda dry......but what do i know, i havent even got that far yet

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: REDCONTROL]
    #830490 - 08/20/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by matts (08/20/02 12:48 PM)

Offlinebluhoney
Female User Gallery

Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #830492 - 08/20/02 12:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Dunking does work, and at this point it wouldnt hurt to bad. That way it will rule out if its a dry cake problem or not. But it sounds as though the pins came into contact with too much water vapor, causing them to abort, but thats just a guess, it could very well be the cakes drying out. They do look to be shrinking in the middle some. bluhoney

--------------------

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Lots of pins but no shrooms been over a week.PICS! [Re: bluhoney]
    #830502 - 08/20/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree wiv bluehoney.
Pick the aborts, dunk the cake. Dump the humidifier and use perlite in the tub
Or, put the humidifier on for 15 minutes once every 1-1? hours (should be enough)

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#830949 - 08/20/02 05:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The strain is PF Stropharia.

--------------------

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#830953 - 08/20/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My timer only works in 1 hour increments..What do you think, on an hour off for two???????????

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#830957 - 08/20/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

maybe get a new timer.....they have them that go every 15 min

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#830960 - 08/20/02 05:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What is WOW? Ive heard it but just dont remeber! sorry....

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#830961 - 08/20/02 05:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i tried with the whole ultra sonic thing.....in fact the exact one you got(if that is tthe box) anyway, i just recently canned that project and went to the perlite.....what a dream come true man, that stuff is great!!

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#830968 - 08/20/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

lol....what is WOW, as in reference to my signature? well "hows your wow" kinda like hows your trip, how you feelin man, kind of an inside joke with me and my buds.....you think up some crazy sayings when your trippin

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#830981 - 08/20/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well in that case how's trix? And in reference to my WOW, flipper and I get along great!!!!!!!

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#831005 - 08/20/02 05:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well trix is just dandy.....and tell flipper to stay away from those sharks, they are bad news....lol stay cool man.....later

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineREDCONTROL
Roadside Raider

#834041 - 08/21/02 05:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well nothing certain yet but the new pins on the new cake look good especially the one that had the smushed up pins on it. Ill try to get some pics soon. The pins on the newest cakes have much larger heads than the pins ever got on the first two cakes with maybe one or two exceptions on the first cakes. I'm wondering since it seemed to be the moisture collecting on the pinheads that made them stop growing im thinking maybe i should put a coffee filter or a sock or rag over the end of the humidifier hose that is inside the terrarium to stop larger water particles from circualting around...?????? I dont know you tell me if this will help

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck