Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Parkour [Re: Shroomism]
    #8273430 -

Shroomism said:
modern day ninja training camp:



Not exactly like the old days. But you can see a lot of similarities to parkour.



holy shit man, that's some cool fuckin shit!, it looks way fun, i want to do that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: beneath]
    #8273502 -

i never realized this was a sport either. i've spent days before forcing myself to only walk on the balls of my feet. salvia taught me this as a way to waste no movements and thereby becoming pure grace. it's hard to maintain though. the simple act of eating one too many bites of food can throw you out of balance. it seems like a lifestyle best suited for a monk or hermit. i think boredom is my worst distraction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: azurite]
    #8274751 -

Man, I am beat! Parkour training, along with bouldering, wore me completely out! I haven't gotten a good work out like that in awhile! It was perfect weather, though, and now I feel great!

Time for a shower and a beer!


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8275258 -

:cheers:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8275263 -

i bet lots of people break their wrists/ankles/knees doing this kind of stuff. Even with access to a gymnastics complex...


id prob give it a go, but strengthen my joints first with some little stuff for a few weeks. If only i lived near obstacles.....


i was a distance runner in jrhigh and highschool and that alone messed up my knees pretty bad. I cant imagine Parkour being very ...'long-term' or 'sustainable' as a hobby.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8275309 -
Log in to view attachment

Sweet video, Rise Against is great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: Effed]
    #8275996 -

I like them alot. I just recently started listening to them, but they have been around for awhile, I guess. I am so out of the punk loop, now! There are so many new, good punk bands that I haven't listened to near enough. I need to get back in touch with my roots!


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8275998 -

ROOOTS!! BLOODY ROOTS!!


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8276310 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: Colbadol]
    #8276331 -

:lol: SO nice! I got you!


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8276521 -

man parkour is the shit!
i used to be really into it for about 2 years but i got lazy all of a sudden
any toronto people should check out pkto.ca
great group of people who meet up every week to train
most amateurs, but there are so pretty skilled traceurs in toronto as well.
vive david belle


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8276544 -

That shit kicks ass. I would love to learn that kind of shit, but more of that modern-ninja video stuff. Flipping would be so fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8276574 -

Awesome sport. As pinballwizard said, jump london is a great documentary for anyone interested in this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour *DELETED* [Re: Brugman]
    #8276582 -

Post deleted by Chubba

Reason for deletion: Deleted


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: Chubba]
    #8276590 -

amen to that chubba
same reason I quit, I wanted to save my knees
alot of the people i used to train with fucked up their knees and ankles
you really gotta condition the shit out of your body if youre serious about parkour


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: SampaJasli]
    #8277085 -

I can see how you could really mess yourself up doing this. I am definitely taking it very slow to start with. I don't think that I'll ever try alot of the stuff that the advanced traceurs do. I value my knees and ankles too much to risk them for some adventure. There's entirely too much riding on my knees, you know? I really just like conditioning myself for emergencies. You never know when these skills will come in handy.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: blissedout]
    #8280592 -

I think thats great man
when I was training I did pretty much everything except drops and cat leaps. its really fun to go to a gymnastics gym and practice - theres no fear of falling or getting hurt so you can do insane vaults and really push yourself..
remember to warm up and cool down!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Parkour [Re: SampaJasli]
    #8281214 -

Yeah, I'm all about stretching before a workout and I usually do some jogging/walking/jumpingjacks after I finish.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Parkour
( 1 2 all )
LeftyBurnz 1,211 33 09/21/07 09:35 AM
by Roxum
* Doing parkour without looking like a tool/fool
( 1 2 all )
AlbinoMonk 1,292 22 11/23/10 05:13 PM
by Parkseerf
* Anyone here do Parkour? Music question as well
( 1 2 all )
Rocker232 2,707 31 11/24/10 01:02 PM
by blazenn
* New parkour acadamy :0 Psy Baba 287 5 04/06/11 01:54 PM
by Silversoul
* Ive been practicing parkour these past few days
( 1 2 all )
GEncore 1,119 25 01/15/13 05:24 AM
by Shroomopotamus
* O M G Damien Walters (best parkour yet) NewbieS 584 17 05/28/09 09:16 PM
by PDU
* for you 'Parkour Pubbers' mellontatauda 529 12 01/07/10 12:16 PM
by lillFish
* WOTD, Parkour in 1930 Psy Baba 385 4 07/18/10 11:17 AM
by kaste

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,008 topic views. 7 members, 17 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.