Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Stephen King's the Mist
    #8211563 -

definitely worth renting if you are a fan of monster/horror movies

this shit is like that one intense spider scene from cloverfield except times 1000

acting is average but shit, that movie was cool as hell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8211591 -

Downloading it right now, strangely enough.

83.9% and counting.

This work connection is slow as fuck.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8211625 -

It's definitely the most accurate adaptation of a Stephen King work.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8211794 -

Thanks for the encouragement, I acquired this flick recently but haven't watched it yet - now I've got some motivation! 
I think I'll wait 'til my sweetie's around though, because I always get a kick out of seeing her startled! :evil:


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: geokills]
    #8211808 -

this will definitely startle a girl, the creatures are pretty fuckin crazy

there is gore too :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8211958 -

It was a good movie. . . except for the fact that they made the ending up! In the tradition of Stephan King movies, they took a little liberty by adding in extras. In the actual story it doesn't exactly end it kind of just leaves it to the imagination which I understand they can't seem to do in Hollywood without coming out with a second movie. Either way I was severely disappointed with the ending they made up, because it was complete BS. The rest of the movie was fucking awesome. . . . " I've got plenty more peas where that came from" hahaha I died at that part!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Lndrydusting]
    #8211964 -

yeah that old bitch had a good arm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8211968 -

I just started watching it.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8211971 -

enjoy, dont take it too seriously

its all about the creature action, not the acting/characters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8212499 -

I recently read the book.
Classic Stephen King
:thumbup:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: niteowl]
    #8212506 -

I saw it in theaters and I loved it. I'm not a fan of Stephen  king either so.


I def give it :thumbup::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #8212509 -

yeah stephen king movies suck usually

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8212511 -

oh like dreamcatcher

that shit was totally retardo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8212591 -

Atheist said:
oh like dreamcatcher

that shit was totally retardo



Movie toootally sucked balls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #8212611 -

I liked Red Rose did anyone see that? It was a TV special.

On a whole though Stephen King movies suck, but some of his books rock. Mostly his short stories.


--------------------
"The universe is the way it is because if it wasn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: minesstudent]
    #8212627 -

I've only read one book of his I didn't like and it was something he didn't want to publish, but his agent and publisher pressured him into it.

Stay away from the book Blaze. It's an Of Mice and Men'ish tale that he wrote a long, long time ago, but was just put on shelves within the last year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Redstorm]
    #8212663 -

Wasn't The Stand a Stephen Kink flick?
I thought it was pretty good.


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: niteowl]
    #8212679 -

That was a tv mini-series, so you can expect a lower quality production. I haven't seen it, but the book was amazing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: niteowl]
    #8212727 -

niteowl said:
Wasn't The Stand a Stephen Kink flick?
I thought it was pretty good.



the Stand was awesome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stephen King's the Mist [Re: Atheist]
    #8212885 -

Anyone read Insomnia?

Def. my favorite King book.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Your favorite Stephen King novel?
( 1 2 all )
AislingGheal 4,550 23 03/19/03 08:35 AM
by Bruiser
* Stephen King- Cell....... good fucking book! Schwip 1,489 5 12/03/06 10:23 PM
by drtyfrnk
* Stephen King - best 3 novels? adamj 1,061 16 11/18/05 10:28 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Dreamcatcher.. (the movie) Original 876 16 01/17/06 12:52 PM
by drtyfrnk
* King Crimson Appreciation Thread
( 1 2 all )
TinTree 3,078 20 01/22/05 04:43 PM
by LthirdSeyeD
* King Diamond Koollay 1,205 8 05/19/06 10:56 PM
by Skunk420
* saint stephen notapillow 2,711 17 01/07/04 09:24 AM
by shaggy101
* Stephen would answer if he only knew how Noviseer 901 12 04/28/07 04:04 PM
by AroundtheSon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,816 topic views. 2 members, 19 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.