Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ran Over Cell Phone
    #8199620 -

I managed to run over my own cell phone not even drunk, stoned, or even tired. I had been climbing in and our the out of this truck trailer with 3 foot sides and I always keep my phone in the carpenter pants pocket that it fits in ever so nicely. It fell out I didn't notice until in my rear view. Luckily I keep a backup on hand for these misfortune so I'm back in busness.


The phone still turns on; the screen is shot however.

I am considering buying the data cable for my phone to recover my contacts myself I don't feel like going to the Verizon store 60 miles from where I live to have them do this I have most the #'s I need right now I just want a few more that are hard to recover like college friends I talk to once every 6 months. Anyone try doing this before? Do you need any software to do this other than windows xp the cable I am looking at buying does not mention any software included.

The phone is amazingly intact given being run over by 14,000 pound trailer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8199697 -

what kinda phone do you got? i ordered a data cable which came with software off ebay for like $5. quick delivery and easy to use. not to mention my phone was run over by an 18 wheeler :-X shit still worked even the screen for like a week until the ink eventually leaked out and i couldnt see anything


--------------------
“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Edited by S4mm1ch (03/27/08 12:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #8200621 -

samsung a630

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8200776 -

fuck i ordered a data cable but it didn't come with the software is it available for download somewhere I have been looking and not having much luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8200818 -

I believe you can back your numbers up on Verizons website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8200865 -

The software usually costs money. But that's what the internet is for. Try checking the pirate bay for the software.

Also, there is a small chance that Verizon locked the phone. I read about how they dicked people over so that you couldn't use a data cable and had to rely on them to transfer the data for you. There's probably ways around that too. You can find out how to hack just about any phone on the net.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: Gumby]
    #8201214 -

does anyone know a good software package to look ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8201388 -

find the software called bitpim. works wonders. and should work as plug and play.


--------------------
“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: S4mm1ch]
    #8201489 -

Motorola Q. Best phone ever.


--------------------
Tune in, Freak out, Get Beaten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: Alec_Baldwin]
    #8201589 -

just go to verizon...

also, if you need a cheap replacment phone (~60) just go to wallgreens and buy a prepaid verizon flip phone. you can activate it online under the add new equipment tab on your account.

(i did this just 2 weeks ago)

i did this just last week, and verizon will transfer all of your old numbers to any new phone for $10, although usually you can haggle them and get it for free.


--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:



"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: ZippoZ]
    #8201741 -

i live 60 miles from verizon have a big diesel truck so it's like $30 to have them do after diesel plus my time is big $ to me too. plus i plan on keeping the same model phone for a few more years and it would be great to be able to export my phone list to the computer a few times a year for backup.

and I hate all those weasels working at the verizon store.

i am looking up bitpim now thanks for the lead

RT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ran Over Cell Phone [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8201780 -

yeah im pretty sure the software is free too. easy to use man. if you got any issues either finding it or using it, feel free to send me a message.


--------------------
“What is evil? Killing is evil, lying is evil, slandering is evil, abuse is evil, gossip is evil: envy is evil, hatred is evil, to cling to false doctrine is evil; all these things are evil. And what is the root of evil? Desire is the root of evil, illusion is the root of evil.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Can i get a new cell phone for free? Hitman203 844 7 08/23/06 11:19 AM
by RedNucleus
* Help with cell phone. ShroomyMcPot 898 6 12/19/04 08:28 PM
by browndustin
* help with my cell phone? ipickPA 480 0 06/02/05 05:42 PM
by ipickPA
* Selling a Cell Phone. Original 976 11 03/21/06 04:17 PM
by Dobie
* I found a cell phone yesterday... Original 836 7 04/28/06 01:17 PM
by Yoschie99
* What I hate about cell phones
( 1 2 all )
kaniz 3,770 23 12/22/05 10:09 PM
by kaniz
* Why I love not having a Cell Phone
( 1 2 3 all )
Le_Canard 4,123 56 08/30/05 08:19 PM
by adrug
* Cell Phones...
( 1 2 all )
drtyfrnk 2,175 20 12/07/05 04:22 PM
by ShroomArtist84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
712 topic views. 7 members, 6 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.