Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Writing contest...now started (see link inside.)
    #8081857 -

Join in the contesthttp://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8107528/an/0/page/0

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I host a music composition contest in here. The contest has its slow times ...but overall I think it's been a great success.

I know a lot of people here LOVE writing. Be that short stories, poetry, novels, or just writing their own thoughts down. There are some amazing writers here.

So let us get to the point. I was thinking about starting a writing contest in here. Writing for an audience, and having that nice dash of competition could be enough to get you off your ass and writing again.

Subject matter is up in the air. I think the winner of the competition should be able to choose which form we all write in next. Definitely going to have word count limits, depending on what we're writing. Winner picks the form and theme. Or maybe just a theme... I'm not sure yet.

Like the composition contest, we set up a time limit and once the writings are submitted, I would post them in a voting thread, which could last a week. Winner is simply the person with the most votes.

How many of you would be interested in me starting this up? This thread is here so we can play around with ideas on how we could get this to be fun for both voters and writers.


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Edited by Toddo (03/05/08 09:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8082995 -

"Eat me, Bohannon!" she keened as the bazaar crowd flowed around them. The alley was closing in on them and she would no longer put off demanding the sweet relief she had been promised since Marrakesh. She had a hunger and she had it now. By an otherwise empty doorway there was an overturned vegetable cart that had been unattended for several days, fruit flies and fermented melons scattered about. It was a sign of the local desuetude that no one had bothered to move it or even plunder it but it made a gloriously musty shelter for her lust, a must and a lust that had found it's perfect concordance here in old Beirut, on an otherwise unremarkable back passage. She used him. Quietly at first but with a vigor at the end that unnerved him. It had been awhile. She would forget, soon enough, but not him.

As he was performing his essential duty he had glanced up at her face, to gauge his effect and because he liked her glazed look. She was lost, probably more a result of their enforced chastity than any particular competence on his part. It was then that he saw the dog calmly watching his ministrations. They held eye contact for a moment until the dog grew bored. It licked it's sex. FTW.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8083044 -

i'd be interested but can't really guarantee i'd ever have anything ready to submit. i rarely have time to do much of anything but study right now, so that kind of hurts creative time


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8085728 -

I've never really wrote anything before but i think it would be fun to try and come up with something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: beneath]
    #8085782 -

Sure, I'm in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: implicitli]
    #8087254 -

I'm down


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8087302 -

Definitely down.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8088024 -

Not down to write, I couldn't consciounably write 'trivial' material when I could be spending time working on my novel, but down to judge.  :smile:

btw...internet posting doesn't count as time better spent writing my novel :wink:


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8093067 -

I love to write, but I am not a competitive writer.  I have often fantasized about sharing my writings with people and reading other people's writings, and helping one another hone our skills...but if there's a competition involved I'm not as apt to share my work.  That's just not why I write, you know? 

I will read and comment on the entries of anyone who has more of a literary competitive spirit though.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: MOTH]
    #8094782 -

wow...good to see there is some interests in this. 

Moth, I didn't come up with this so there could be winners and losers...its more of a chance to create works that will be read by others.  If you win, then great, but this is more a mental exercise to help with everyones writing.  :smile:


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: MOTH]
    #8094791 -

Well, mine's in.  That's all your getting outta me:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8094809 -

Your usage of FTW is strangely erotic.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8094868 -

"Strangely" indeed. But there is a point.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8095859 -

slice me a piece of this pie.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8096599 -

I'm down


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8096735 -

Alright you guys, I'll give it a shot.  I'm going to make a pilot contest to see how well it does.  Expect it later on today.  :smile:


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8099253 -

Oh, I'm totally down for this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: crumblebum]
    #8099356 -

im new to this. where are we submitting to...on here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: nalyudi]
    #8099425 -

I'll be making a thread later tonight.  All information, rules, guidelines will be included.  :smile:


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Writing contest...would anyone be interested? [Re: Toddo]
    #8099454 -

im down

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does Anyone else Write? Earth_Droid 880 11 01/26/03 06:11 AM
by Bavet
* comic coloring contest HB 1,063 8 04/12/04 04:28 PM
by Joshua
* Need help with creative writing essay silversoul7 948 9 12/17/03 03:23 AM
by fireworks_god
* Drawer/Artist Contest nugsarenice 1,039 5 02/23/02 04:21 AM
by KoOs
* Book I am writing rommstein2001 579 2 11/17/01 04:13 PM
by Anonymous
* interesting story? entiformatie 430 2 03/08/03 05:15 AM
by entiformatie
* Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST vatoloco 1,289 16 08/22/02 03:02 AM
by gnrm23
* Anyone here write? Drums 540 3 07/11/03 12:41 AM
by Strumpling

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
3,358 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.