Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Methods of getting into a cow field?
    #80452 - 12/21/99 11:33 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Ahhh yes...I remember some of the same crazy thoughts going through my head when I first started mushroom hunting.
First of all, If anybody belongs in those fields its you. Remember your there to do one thing, Pick Magic Mushrooms!

If you have lots of fields near you, you shouldnt have any problem finding a comfortable place to park and enter a field. You just need to look a little harder for a good spot. So go scope out everything during the daytime in your car. Find a safe place to park, identify where the farmers house is(if any), and look for a good place to get into the field.

The best place to enter a field is by hopping over a gate...hopping over barbed wire and/or electric fences can be a little dangerous at times, and I would advise against fields with electric fences alltogether...those babys can really give you a ZAP!@#!$ if your not careful.

Wear dark nonreflective clothing.
Go at night time.
No flashlights. You wont need them.

Cows might put up a stink the first few times your in their field. Just keep a safe distance from them and youll be fine. The cows will begin to recognize you after several visits and will be pretty cool about you being there. They know your picking the mushrooms, theyre not stupid ya know.

You will eventually become more comfortable with being in the field. Just take your time and be calm. Dont be disappointed if you dont find anything good, it can take a little practice figureing out when the best time to go hunting is.

Dont mess with your license plates, dont mess with the farmer.

You never mentioned where you live.?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80454 - 12/21/99 12:46 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I just hop the barb wire fence and start hunting.Although it is probably diferent here in BC. Most of my spots are high tech enough I dont have to worry much, except for those damb choppers! :biggrin:

------------------
I love Oolar!!

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #80455 - 12/27/99 03:54 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I am willing to share my secrets! I ask... get this... permission! knock on the front door (knock knock knock) excuse me, my friends and i were wondering if it would be okay for us to go pick mushrooms in your pasture... it really works! no bull. no pun intended. he he he!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80456 - 12/27/99 04:15 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I thought about just asking, but I pick in Redneckville Georgia and would probably be shot just for asking such. Na, probably not, but those damn rednecks are un-predictable. I just creep up to the field and jump out quick with a buddy while my other friend drives off, then we jump the fence and start pickin'. Or some fields have parking lots near by in which case I park and walk to the field. Some parking lots are further away so I just bring a bike to ride to the field and ditch it in the bushes when I get to the field. The only shitty part of this method is walking/riding bike back to the truck with a bag full of psilocybin/cin, for a quarter mile, scary :eek: I'd like to hear some detailed responses you fet from farmers when you ask to pick mushrooms in their field?

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 27, 1999).]

--------------------

Anonymous

#80457 - 12/27/99 07:56 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I think that if you find a field that you suspect has magic mushrooms growing in it, then what does it hurt to ask the farmer? I tell them the truth that I am looking for wild mushrooms. A lot of farmers don't even know that psychoactive mushrooms exist and they will most likely let you pick in their fields. Just tell them that you took mycology in college and you know which ones to pick so that you won't get poisoned.
If the farmer says "NO" then just go back after dark like you would anyway and hop the damn fence.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

OfflineAbaddon
Stranger
    #80458 - 12/27/99 08:00 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah, Sean. I'm with Lizard King on this one. We're in the same boat as far as rednecks go. And not your typical rednecks, we're talking snake-handling appalachia rednecks sometimes.
Let's hear some detailed responses/scenarios after you ask a farmer to pick mushrooms in his field. What if they say "sure, go ahead" and call the cops while you have a bag o' psilocybin?
PS those were some great methods Lizard.

OfflineAbaddon
Stranger
    #80459 - 12/27/99 08:07 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry Shroom Wizard,
We posted at about the same time and I missed your post.
I just had a vision from The Great Mycelial Mass.
Screw hopping fences.
I will buy a field. I will rescue some poor cows from certain death, and slap them out in the field. I will tell them to eat, drink, and be merry for the rest of their lives. In return, they will shit all over my field. I will have an automatic sprayer to water the field, daily, and keep humidity high. The sprayer will be filled with millions and millions of spores.
People will come from miles around to pick in my field. I will charge 5 bucks a pop, and you can pick all you want. Of course, my advertisement will say "Pet the cows, 5 bucks."
Sorry I think I just tripped out.
Perhaps I will try asking a farmer. If you don't hear from me again, then you know what happened to me.

-Abaddon

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80460 - 12/27/99 08:17 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Let me know when you get that field, I'll be the first to pet your cows :smile: I think I may try asking because mushroom picking isn't really a problem where I pick, I don't think the farmers have ever seen someone in their field pickin' before. If it works, and I am allowed to pick, I will definately load the cows feed with spores to ensure a field of magic :smile: Until then, guess I'll just hop the damn fence.

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 27, 1999).]

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #80461 - 12/28/99 08:09 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Heheh, "snake-handleing apalachia rednecks".
Hehehehe, I can just imagine him answering the door and he's holding a double barrel shotgun in one hand and a dirty 16 ounce can of Busch in the other.
Funk that.
Ill take the gate at night.

Offlinesean123
Stranger
    #80462 - 12/28/99 11:12 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

There is a small piece of land about 8 miles from my house and the people who own it have a pair for breeding cows or something. there is a fenced in area filled with a bunch of young calfs. young cows are cute. psilocybes and panaeolus grow there during the spring summer and fall but not winter. the people who own it are cool about it. They do not care. i don't bring many people there but i have been picking there for about three years. i met some girl in school who was cool and i asked her if she had ever done shrooms and she told me yeah two of her uncles own farms! jack pot! she brought me to her uncles farm and we rode 4wheelers and picked shrooms during the summer. i live on the pan handle of florida. i use to live in illinois, one thing i like about florida!!

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #80463 - 12/28/99 03:40 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know about you guys, but I HATE hopping fences, so I figured a way around the whole fence-hopping thing...

The Catapult!!
Yes, you can catapult yourself into the shroom field no longer having to worry about snagging your pants on the vicious barb wire.

Q: "But Sclorch, how do you get out of the field?"

A: Easy. Just install a catapult inside the fence. Tell the farmer that you're with the government and it's a new weather device or something. Farmers are dumb anyway.

Imagine, a medieval device that can actually serve a purpose in today's world.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#80464 - 01/02/00 10:39 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just ask, it is the best way, then you don't have to worry. The worst that can happen is they say no, then just go down the road.......

------------------
http://www.morelmushroomhunting.com come check it out!

OfflineThe Brain
journeyman
    #80465 - 01/03/00 07:16 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Get the farmer's daughter pregnant.

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80466 - 01/03/00 07:59 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

aaahhahahahaha good idea Brain!!!!!

------------------
Listen to brother oDin,show us your tits!:D
I love Oolar!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate