Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Cow field hunting tips
    #4670931 - 09/16/05 08:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

O.K let me explain my situation,I live near 2 cow fields(both of which have a BIG sign that says NO TRESPASSING)I want to look for some liberty caps a.k.a semilanceata there but I'm kinda holding back from just hopping the fence because both fields have rows of houses on the side of them that all see right into the pastures + a big road with 2 lanes per side.Now I know that if I was to look around in the fields from the fence that I might spot some libs close to me,but I wouldn't see a whole lot because they are after all pretty small!I was thinking that if I do hop the fence that I wouldn't have much time before the farmers spot me and call the "Law"(they have a house that over looks they're whole field) :frown:
I was maybe thinking of telling them that my girlfriend was mad at me and that she just threw my house key's into their field,but then if they saw me looking for "the keys"  :tongue: they'd surely wonder why I was picking up things and putting them into a paper bag :frown:

My question is what would you would recommend that would get me in and out of the field with a shit load of mushrooms?And maybe how you guys usually do it?,I thank you now with all my heart for those willing to help me :thumbup: :love:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Cow field hunting tips [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #4671078 - 09/16/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I understand your dilemma :crazy: I would say that you are in a tough situation, because, even if you were to do the obviously right thing, people from all around could still see you :/
Hopefully you are not in an area where mushroom hunting is popular, like I do, and that ruins it for asking b/c the farmers have all had too many bad things going on.
I have cows on one side of me and horses on the other, and always pick/hunt in an area away from the house, I haven't the nerve yet to ask the people in my immediate vicinity for permission. But as time goes on, and I begin to see these people in the field, I will stop and talk, let them get to know me and get to know them so I will know how subtly or bluntly let them know that mushroom hunting is my ultimate goal  :evil:
Unfortunately, this may take a bit of time.

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Cow field hunting tips [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #4671091 - 09/16/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

try it at night wih nightvision, obviuosly if u dont got that then well your shit out of luck

--------------------

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
    #4671293 - 09/16/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You should just ask them, in Florida there are tons of fields, also tons of Hicks w/guns, most people don't mind you on their property...If you let them know why your there!! Just tell em' your looking for rare edibles, and that their field looks like good prospects, Also Stress that you wont take long and you wont disturb ANYTHING, also, dress in your nicest "Hunting Gear". GL

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4671570 - 09/16/05 11:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Mr Psilocin,

you might want to try finding a different field..

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Cow field hunting tips [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4671656 - 09/16/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes you have all convinced me it really is out of question for me to hunt there.But hey if I do one day happen to spot some libs or some subs then I'll hop the fence and like a fox stealth in and out.Then if they do happen to catch me I'll say "yeah my friend accidentally threw my ring of key's in!"or maybe I'll just throw my keys near the shrooms and pick a few (along with my keys of course)and get my ass outta there!

Well until then I'll just stand there with my friends whatchin what I can't have 
:drool2:  :drool2:  :drool2:  :drool2: :drool2:  :drool2:  :drool2:  :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification