Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone else here use Last.fm?
    #7961973 -

If you do, mine is www.last.fm/user/Scarfase
just thought it would be cool to see other people's music interest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Scarfase]
    #7962343 -

I used to use it, I was...'corrode' I'm pretty sure. Although I haven't used it for like...two years haha. Do they have an add-on for iTunes? Cos if so, I'll definitely do it again.  :sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: terrortwilight]
    #7962352 -

I'm gonna check it out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: jjr]
    #7962402 -



--------------------
:yesnod::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: skydog]
    #7962457 -

http://www.last.fm/user/orenigma

But I fucking hate it now... the best part... that being the journals is fucked up now.

Plus, the algorithm is fucking stupid. Longer tracks get fucked over... so those of us that listen to jazz will never really have an accurate depiction of what we listen to.

But yea.... if you want an idea... there's my page


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7962519 -

I stopped using it because the fucking program slowed my computer down so much. I just downloaded iScrobbler today for my computer though, so I'm using it again. jewwunnit is my user name.

BurningBeard: What do you mean it'll fuck up the stats? I listen to jazz pretty often, but I don't know shit about how last.fm works.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: jewunit]
    #7962544 -

It fucks things up because it calculates by number of tracks...

So even though one might jam jazz a lot more often... because jazz tracks tend to be longer, they will be under represented.

Same with any track that's long.

Inversely, punk is over-represented.

But I'm just kinda grumpy too... so don't mind me. Hahaha!


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7962550 -

I see what you're saying.
But if people that listen to jazz see your shit then they'll know, unless they're not intelligent.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Scarfase]
    #7962552 -

I'm 1200 Mics. I wasn't using it for a couple months cause it wouldn't work but for a month or so now it's been working.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Idiot]
    #7962566 -

Yeah... they'll know.. but the point is that it's not accurate.

And plus, I think it takes the idea of listening to music and fucks it in the ass.

Who gives a fuck about stats and lists? It's music. Enjoy it.

Who gives a fuck about id3 tags, etc. etc.

Just enjoy your tunes.

Ever since I've stopped using it I've felt oddly liberated.


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Scarfase]
    #7962571 -

i use their website to find new musical groups. works pretty well for that. as far as signing up, no.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7962573 -

I don't give a shit about the stats, and in fact I never used it and don't see myself using it now that I have iScrobbler. I have heard it can be nice to get new music recommendations. That's all I give a shit about.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: jewunit]
    #7962582 -

It's good for finding new music, surely.


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Scarfase]
    #7962599 -

Yah, making charts is fun, though as a whole it's pretty damn inaccurate


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: LayYouIn]
    #7962690 -

LayYouIn said:
i use their website to find new musical groups. works pretty well for that. as far as signing up, no.




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7962692 -

http://www.last.fm/user/ghostonastar/

it is pretty damn inaccurate. the stations are alright but i still prefer www.pandora.com.


--------------------
I make music.

-Electronic-
-Epic-
-Heavy-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: oldwirehands]
    #7962701 -

Pandora is sexcellent, I just enjoy looking at charts


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7962713 -

I love Pandora.

But I download a lot... and my computer tends to be its own radio station.

So... Pandora when my comp is unavailable.


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7962746 -

I think I have deep emotional scars that I try to heal by downloading as much music as I possible

I went from 8,000 songs to 12,odd in a month


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone else here use Last.fm? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #7962762 -

Hyper_Panda_GO said:
I think I have deep emotional scars that I try to heal by downloading as much music as I possible

I went from 8,000 songs to 12,odd in a month



I actually wrote an article about how the sheer magnitude of music available to us can somewhat desensitize us to it... it's on my last.fm profile linked above... Confessions of a Digital Dillinger is the name of it.


--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Like Coheed & Cambria? Check this out! Pauvro 605 5 03/27/10 08:29 PM
by phreakod98
* list me some good, heavy as fuck grindcore bands
( 1 2 all )
LuSiD9 2,363 23 05/21/12 05:44 PM
by akira_akuma
* Check Out My Record Collection! (Pic & List of Albums...) RebelSteve33 2,703 9 05/20/03 05:16 PM
by RebelSteve33
* Greatest Songs Not on an Album
( 1 2 3 all )
sox24 4,166 40 07/19/06 07:15 PM
by UncleLuke
* Treys new album "Shine"
( 1 2 3 all )
GGreatOne234 4,061 45 12/22/05 09:29 AM
by nookjohn
* Pearl Jams New album Blows... Hitman203 1,613 19 05/04/06 01:22 AM
by Skunk420
* Coheed and Cambria OneMoreRobot3021 686 13 01/13/06 04:35 PM
by Noetical
* Don't bash me too hard, 2011 Coheed Tour LloydChristmas 661 13 01/12/11 08:23 PM
by vulcAn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,371 topic views. 11 members, 30 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.