Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Random Acts of Kindness
    #793960 - 08/03/02 09:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Pay it Forward

Since we are all here to improve the planet, I am opening this thread for people to share their acts of receiving or giving kindness to a stranger.

BTW, It is OK to pat yourself on the back in this thread.

I will start with a "nothing" story because it just happened this morning and to get the ball rolling, not because it is of great significance; although all acts are significant in some fashion.

Went to wash my car and found out I was out of soap. A fellow car-washer of Middle-Eastern descent offered me some, saving me a trip back home. Yes, it was nothing, but it brightened my mood.

I will come up with a better one next time.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Swami]
    #793981 - 08/03/02 10:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was in line at the grocery store and I noticed that there was a woman with 11 items in her cart with checkbook in hand standing in the 10 item or less aisle with a line of 5 people behind her. I pointed to her and addressed the cashier, "Hey, doesn't the sign say 'Cash Only' and '10 items or less' ? Why are you allowing this woman to take advantage of these five people's good nature? Could you please ask her to go to another line?" The cashier then told the woman that she should go to another line. All the people standing behind the cheat then applauded. They thought I did a kind thing for them.

Edited by Anonymous (08/03/02 10:05 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: ]
    #793990 - 08/03/02 10:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

LOL! I am most proud of you. You da man!

Next you will be telling us about the hot blonde that you met and how you offered to perform a special "random act of kindness" on her.

--------------------

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #794012 - 08/03/02 10:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Just the other day I was waiting for the bus when some strange guy I had never met before offered to give me a ride to where ever it was I was headed in exchange for my bus fare so that he could put it towards filling his tank. I thought it was pretty odd to say the least, but he seemed harmless enough so I went through with it. Sure enough he fullfiled his end of the bargin and I gave him my last three dollars because of it. Obviously it wasn't anything big, but it was kind of nice knowing that there are still some people in this world willing to help others out (even people they don't know) Kind of a win win situation I guess.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #794070 - 08/03/02 10:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

One time I was sitting in a Burger King eating and whatnot (yeah, I know, fast food is a sin). This bum was about three tables away and I knew he was eyeing my food. He finally worked up enough courage to come over to me and ask for change. It's my policy to not give out money to bums on account of most of them are alcoholics, etc. So I said "How about if I just buy you a meal?" He was thrilled. So I take him up to the counter and say, "Okay, you can have anything you want, what'll it be?" He was pretty much in shock... his eyes were wide and he still couldn't believe it (sucks to be in his situation- when a free meal of your choice is a godsend). The manager was running the register and she asked me if the meal was for him. I said yes. Then she told me it was on her... all he (the bum) had to do was ask. I sat back down and a few minutes later the bum goes over to a table a few tables away from me with a bag full of like 5 burgers and whatnot. He sits the bag on the table, then he sits down. He just stares at the bag of food for a few seconds and his eyes get all watery. He turns to me and said something about how people are inherently good. "Look at this" he sais as he gestured to his bag of food. I then said something like, "all you have to do is ask." I finished my meal and bid him a good evening.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#794079 - 08/03/02 10:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

When we were living in Long Island, New York, our car got a flat on the Robert Moses Parkway. Now the parkway is a strange highway that is difficult to get off of and on to. I don't remember where we were going but it was some place where we had to be on time. I had almost no money on me and family was several states away. We were new to the area and had no friends or acquaintances. We were pretty much screwed.

As soon as I pulled of the road a young blonde woman followed me off of it into the grass. She got out of her car, went immediately to the trunk and got a can of fix-a-flat, walked over and gave it to me, and said, "Here, you need this." Then she walked straight back to her car and drove away.

As she drove away I saw her bumper sticker that read:

"Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty"

I put the stuff in the tire, drove to the nearest gas station and refilled it. We got to where we were going on time. The place was one of the important places that are all a blur now. But that act of kindness is remembered with clarity 17 years later.

Cheers,

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Sclorch]
    #794093 - 08/03/02 10:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Schlorch, you warm-hearted rogue. Always knew you were a teddy bear.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #794157 - 08/03/02 11:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

One time I was walking home and this Jamaican guy said hey, you, can you help me? He explained his dilemma with a thick accent and after a while I understood that he didn't have a driver's license and wanted to get a liquor commission ID to buy beer and liquor. I tried to give him directions but then decided to just walk him there because my directions were bad and hed never find it. It was out of my way but we talked about stuff while we walked and he was so happy that he could finally get booze. I'm just making the world a better place.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #794192 - 08/03/02 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This morning I lifted a moth out of the toilet bowl after a particularly lengthy urination, and then proceeded to lightly blow on the little guy's wings until they were dry enough for him to fly again. I opened the window and off he flew. I watched him until he was but a mere speck in the clouds, and then he was gone. True story.

I'm not even joking, it's a true story.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Revelation]
    #794541 - 08/03/02 04:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Very tender, but would have been better if you had not drowned the little guy first. Sadistic and saintly at the same time - hmmm...

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #794893 - 08/03/02 11:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Once I was riding my bike on mushrooms at this cave / trail area by my house and I had a huge joint I needed to smoke to calm down, but I had forgotten my lighter! I then came upon 2 old guys with bikes resting by an overlook, they saw my problem, and offered me a light. I lit it up and exchanged a few puffs, and then they did this crazy jump stunt off the overlook, at least a 25 foot drop! Needless to say it amazed my dialated eyes.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #794899 - 08/04/02 12:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I once bought alcohol for some minors.

Offlineshroom_assassin
assissinator ofshroomz
Loc: DEA Research Deptpartment
    #795143 - 08/04/02 07:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

uhhhhh i touched a vagina once.

--------------------
Anal sex with birds

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#795317 - 08/04/02 09:25 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was driving home around midnight and it was pouring rain. A young woman was standing out on the street in just a dress. I stopped to ask her if she was OK. She was shivering uncontrollably. Conversation was somewhat difficult as she was missing a card or two from the deck. I invited her into my car even though she drenched my nice leather seats. Where can I take you I asked. She replied that she had nowhere to go. I told her she could stay at my place for one night. (All you hound dogs are dead wrong here!) I fixed up the couch and got extra blankets for her. In the morning I fed her breakfast, gave her a few dollars and sent her on her way. (to what I don't know).

--------------------

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #795348 - 08/04/02 09:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

a few years ago i was driving somewhere at night and saw a truck with trailor en tow at the side of the road with flashers on. i decided to stop and see what the prob was and i met this guy that was a couple years older than me and some chick. their truck wouldn't start and showed the signs of a dead battery so i got out my tools and removed the battery and i drove them to walmart (in the next town over) to get a new one. we're in my car and the guy says he and his sister are tripping on acid. at the time i'd only used weed a few times and wasn't too informed about other drugs but these people had a friendly feeling to them so we went to walmart and i had to pick out the battery for him cause he was confused i installed the shit for them too and they were on their way.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Anonymous

#795370 - 08/04/02 09:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That was a very Christian thing to do.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: ]
    #795382 - 08/04/02 10:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I wonder... if Eightball had been Christian, would those trippers have had a bad trip triggered by a lecture on why acid is a tool of the devil (I've heard it called this before by a preacher at a friend's church)?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #795389 - 08/04/02 10:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Today two of my friends woke me up this morning with a phone call and updated me on their tour of the Southeast. Here's an excerpt....

"So we pulled up to this stoplight and we noticed this bum at the intersection. So I said, 'hey, you wanna beer?' The bum said, 'hell yeah' So I handed him a cold one. Then ***** says to the bum, 'hey man, the light's green- we gotta split' A little ways down the road we realized that the beer was an import... it didn't have a twist off cap! hahhahahahhaaha"

We all figured it wasn't that bad and that the bum probably got it opened.

--------------------

Anonymous

#795408 - 08/04/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't doubt it. Some people's consciousnesses are impacted by trivial remarks. If a person were tripping I don't think that is the time to fill their heads with bad juju. Besides, the acid was probably laced with demons.

Cheers,

Anonymous

#795434 - 08/04/02 10:48 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Wow I like this thread..

Hmm well a few weeks ago I was driving down this long stretch of road when I hear a loud *knock**pow* and my car slowly rolls to a stop. So looks like I threw a piston and it went right through the oil pan. So lacking a cell phone I start walking down the side of the road.. the closest store is about 4 miles away. It was about 100 degrees outside with humidity to match..one of those code red days, I started sweating immediately. So I was walking and cars were flying past me, I tried signalling to a few drivers but they were too busy to stop. After about two miles, I started getting dizzy and kind of kneeled down to oriente myself. Just as I was thinking about how much these people are senseless jerks, three cars stopped. One construction guy ran up with a big jug of water and poured it on me and told me to drink it slowly. The other people got out of their cars and were asking me if I was ok..one of the guys asked me if I needed a ride home or something.. and I said just to a phone would be good. Well he took me to a gas station to get some gatorade, then he drove me 30 miles back to my house..I said it wasnt neccessary but he insisted. People really are compassionate.

Well for me.. I try to be kind to everyone I meet. Whether it is the scraggly guy in the metro that says he just got out of jail and he only gets one meal a day.. I'll give him my pocket full of change because well maybe he will spend it on crack or alcohol, but what if he is telling the truth? Or the Jesus looking dude my girlfriend brings to my house and he says he's just walking around and I let him stay at my place for two days and feed him. Or just helping people on the internet... it all makes me feel good...helping other people.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology