Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
the beauty of randomness
    #2667850 - 05/12/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the wind blows this way...and then it shifts. the breeze in itself seems to want to go somewhere, but then it changes. the trees align itself perfectly in the sway, the motion. we've all seen it while on shrooms. the churning, the mixing of patterns, and patterns within the patterns. the wind then stops, and silence lets itself be known. a bird starts singing, while jumping from tree to tree as others join in. a mix of sounds that doesn't have a set beat, because their randomness is the beat.

each blade of grass, a standout, unique, but still a part of the swaying of the wind. each is still subject to the wind's directional flow, and then, silence. Looking up, the a flock of birds fly around, all together in the same motion, and yet they turn so unexpectedly, each following each other. a flow. uncanny it looks like the same twisting and turning that one sees while on shrooms. As sunrise approaches, a beautiful mural of pink, blue, orange, and white mixes itself ina picture that many artists can't touch.

humans are so busy in everything they do, trying to duplicate what nature does, when nature already has had it here for us. By trying to provide order, we create disorder..and the cycle continues. It's the same kind of idea when a person answer one question, ten more will pop up that are even more intriguing than the original one that was answered. And the wind keeps on moving...

each rock, has it's own unique characteristic, yet each acts as the glue to hold everything together. humans create and destroy, it is our nature. We try to hold a label of bad and good to what we do, when all those will do is keep one in a loop of ideas that don't go anywhere.

when a lightning bolt hits a dry tree, it can create a fire. from here a huge section of the forest will burn, this is chaos to us. and yet, this is healing for nature. through chaos the lightning speperates nitrogen from oxygene, the molecules then join together, and this in fact replenishes our ozone. the fire takes the death from the tree, creates more death, and then...life. purification...through pain...purification...through choas...through randomness.

and the wind keeps blowing...and then...silence

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: the beauty of randomness [Re: kaiowas]
    #2668033 - 05/12/04 11:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

good noticing.
suspend expectation and see ongoing creation in every direction.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2668067 - 05/12/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2668413 - 05/12/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great post :smile: 

I must say..I still see no reason to assume absolute 'randomness' really exists.. As you seemed to imply, observing the system and how it seems to unfold itself in time may seem chaotic and random to most of us..but when one looks at things closely..can any process or situation really be seen as an example of random??

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #2669830 - 05/12/04 07:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:sun:
"Attention"

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2672339 - 05/13/04 06:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That was a cool read... and I agree.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: the beauty of randomness [Re: kaiowas] * 1
    #2672432 - 05/13/04 08:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

humans are so busy in everything they do, trying to duplicate what nature does

I think this is nature trying to duplicate itself through another aspect of itself(humans)...
Genetic modification might be natures way of improving natures ability to speed up evolution.
Humans and nature are the same thing.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology