Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
GFX card
    #7929623 -

I need to buy a new GFX card money isnt an object.
What is the best GFX card out right now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7929633 -

PCI-E or AGP?


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7929662 -

This is probably your best bet:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

Bonus if you get two for SLI mode. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7929695 -

PCI-E I think, I have this GPU NVIDIA GeForce 6150 GPU and NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP featuring HD video

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7929736 -

andyistic said:
This is probably your best bet:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

Bonus if you get two for SLI mode. :thumbup:



I'm thinking of getting a GeForce 8800 GT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7929738 -

Excellent choice. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7929811 -

Yeah. Its definately the best value card on the market right now. UPS is bringing me one today :grin:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: The_Ghost]
    #7929862 -

Make certain you have a large enough power supply... the higher end cards like power.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Seuss]
    #7929872 -

Seuss said:
Make certain you have a large enough power supply... the higher end cards like power.



I have an 800-watt job in my box - also makes a great heater! :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7930374 -

Get a GeForce 8800GT. They are the best for the money right now, I wouldn't bother SLI-ing it because its not really worth it. Besides, by the time a game comes out that you'd ever need to SLI it you'll just need a new PC/GFX card anyway.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: learningtofly]
    #7930415 -

You should wait. Nvidia is coming out with the 9 series next month I think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Innominate]
    #7930540 -

How much will those run?
I'm guessing no less than $500 a piece.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7930707 -

Maybe, but he said money wasn't an object.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Innominate]
    #7930711 -

I wish I could talk like that on a daily basis. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7930809 -

I got a BFG 8800 GT 512MB OC

I hooked the 6pin PCI express power cable to two cables that say P3 & P4 , is this right?


Edited by BUDDHA_702 (01/25/08 05:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7930818 -

The power connectors only fit one way, so you can't plug it in wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7930850 -

It is getting very hot over 100f, is something wrong???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7930857 -

Does the video come up, or you get a black screen?

100F is nothing. It has a big-ass fan to keep it cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7930874 -

I'm using it now, I just touched it and it was hot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: GFX card [Re: BUDDHA_702]
    #7930888 -

Let me tell you ...
Besides the fan that's built onto the card, I have three fans mounted to the box case itself.
Overall, the system is sufficiently cool.
Of course, it also helps to have outside air-conditioning.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* LF A new video card! (need some help!) Syle 416 3 09/27/08 11:55 PM
by Jeets
* Video Card Help
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Fastfirebird 6,081 103 02/17/10 06:20 PM
by frith
* graphics card question PreparationH 266 2 02/26/10 08:38 PM
by LoveOverAll
* graphics card help LloydChristmas 726 4 11/17/06 12:40 AM
by Toddo
* Let's talk graphics cards Neuron 447 15 01/17/10 04:09 PM
by Neuron
* Debit Cards F&$#kin' SucK!
( 1 2 all )
LogicaL ChaosM 3,253 29 03/18/10 07:05 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Attention U.S. Citizens. Do you want to carry a biometric ID card just to be able to legally work?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
mushroomhunter10 7,433 119 03/20/11 03:12 PM
by Hajnal
* fucking with credit card companies CherryBomM 1,401 17 02/19/09 12:57 AM
by tpihkal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,095 topic views. 2 members, 66 guests and 215 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.