Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
For the religious.
    #786231 - 07/30/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Say you lived in some other country and never heard of the Bible. In this country they tought you to believe in many gods. Let's say the sun god, the moon god. Logic tells me you wouldnt believe in the bible because you never knew it existed. If you still believe that if you never knew it existed, but the jesus of the bible would exist to you still.. Please explain. Im sure there are still many other native tribe religions that believe in many gods. There is more than one religion you know... Why is ur religion the truth and not others? Just doesnt make sense. I can't wait to hear a desent response!

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (07/30/02 11:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: For the religious. [Re: Droz]
    #786261 - 07/30/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You know, that is a good, basic question that everyone should ask themselves, even if you are reffering to a political or any other belief system. This is a good place to start a nice, friendly conversation about the belief on God.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #786292 - 07/30/02 11:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have asked this question a few Christians and they said "They are exempt because they had no way of finding out, they will still go to heaven."

My response to that is: If they had no way of finding out (reading Bible, word of mouth, whatever), then why wouldn't God inform them and set them on the "correct" religous path. Wasn't Jesus just that to the Eastern world?

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #786421 - 07/30/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Why is ur religion the truth and not others? Just doesnt make sense. I can't wait to hear a desent response!

You never will. Religion will never be deterred or discouraged by facts or logic. That is why it has survived all these years.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #786502 - 07/30/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

fortunately organized religion and personal beliefs aren't the same thing. so for example no religion could be right to me, but my personal beliefs are everything that matters. to me. that's the best part too, cuz you can have your own, and they don't have to matter to me.

religion is definitely individually interpreted, but any withstanding system of beliefs just seems so contradictory to me. i think i should come to my own beliefs, my own conclusions rather than be shown guidelines for my faith and morals.

good post Droz.

'gutter is a tool'

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#787436 - 07/31/02 12:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Good question!

I'm a Wiccan & happen to worship the Sun God & Moon Goddess. One of our prime teachings is that all religions pray to the same Divinity, that ALL GODS are one and the same. My religion is no better then Christianity, Islam, Hindu?sm etc. etc. etc.

If you truely and genuinely believe that cats are Divine messengers of God & that CP is a Holy Sacrament, now I mean TRUELY believe that, and it leads to you improving your life & helping you to be more Kind & Human to others, it's every bit as valueable as my religion. Who am I to judge & put down your God? There are alot of religious doctrines & practices I disapprove of personally, but why say "My Religion Is Best"??? That's Spiritual Immatureness in my view....
(whoops: judged again!)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #787602 - 07/31/02 04:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
Re: For the religious. [Re: World Spirit]
    #787623 - 07/31/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

So pretty much anything that happens is a result of God?s will: If you were born into circumstances in which you did not become Christian, then it is God?s will that you not make it; if you were, then it is his will that you do.

I think that is a pretty good answer to the question. Thanks Enter. It reminds me of the idea of ?grace?- wasn?t there a big controversy about how one gets God?s grace during the Reformation? The Calvinists and the Lutherans? That might be relevant.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder