Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Question for those who went to art schools
    #7815438 -

How big was your portfolio? How much was in it? Did you include more quantity, or quality?

I don't know why I am wondering this, but I was thinking about portfolios, and i figured you really can put just about anything in them.

Just wanted to know what you guys put in yours.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question for those who went to art schools [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7815452 -

I put 15 pieces in mine but they usually want 10-15.. Im a graphic designer but I still threw sketchs and some really fine pieces in there.. Even some of my photos.. They look for quality, use of space, use of color, originality and if you really spent your time on it and didnt scribble it...

Dephect is a student of AIC (The Art Institute of Colorado)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question for those who went to art schools [Re: Dephect]
    #7815464 -

Do you have any copies of what you've done? I'd love to see a few.

And I love your signature. :thumbup:

So was it just drawings, or paintings and other things too?


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question for those who went to art schools [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7815530 -

Well I printed out some of my designs for them on nice photo paper along with some photographs I shot.. I actually have a big zip up portfolio that you can get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby or whatever is in your area.. Just show them your work and just pick your favortie piece.. There are always portfolio reviews at art schools and thats when the staff will look over them and give you honest criticism.. Just remember to put the two best pieces as the first and last piece they see...

Here is some of my work
I like to keep most of it a secret though until its finished

Also I have a page for my work..
http://xylenelove.deviantart.com



















Edited by Dephect (12/30/07 11:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* the art institute schools Vats of Blood 1,197 10 10/24/03 02:28 PM
by Vats of Blood
* What should I include in my Graphic Design Portfolio? NewbieS 2,967 10 01/08/22 10:13 AM
by twighead
* shrooms for school
( 1 2 all )
kristina420 5,085 26 10/23/03 10:57 AM
by fireworks_god
* what should i put in my photagraphy portfolio? DistortedEyes 1,217 10 06/09/06 07:36 AM
by eris
* Very OT: Strange question about fire damage and photos... GernBlanston 1,178 4 01/05/04 03:04 PM
by GernBlanston
* BONERS IN HIGH SCHOOL
( 1 2 all )
Fritzs_caindealer 6,020 36 11/11/03 08:31 PM
by NiamhNyx
* question about donating blood at work swm 2,032 16 07/21/03 04:58 PM
by GernBlanston
* Best Resonse to a Stupid Persons Stupid Question mjshroomer 2,198 15 03/24/04 06:58 PM
by Che_Night_Soil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
392 topic views. 1 members, 28 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.016 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 14 queries.