Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGRanDpA_STiNk
The stinkiestgrandpa
Loc: ubiquitous, the everprese...
Question about method
    #778254 - 07/26/02 11:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all,
I just inocculated my first two batches of pf tek jars about 7 days ago, with PF's stropharia strain. I varied the water a bit inbetween them to find out how much is best for the fine grade vermiculite I have, and found that more water = more goodness. However, now I have 4 jars that are lacking enough water I think, is there any way I'm going to be able to introduce more water to the substrate? I thought maybe injecting some water through the needle holes I inocculated the jars with would help. Is this a bad or good idea? Is there anything I can do to help the jar's lacking water?
Also, I'm thinking about trying to case a few to compare results and yields between cakes and casings, can someone recommend a good, easy method of casing? I've looked at all of the casing tek's on the site here but haven't really found one that stands out among the rest for me. Any recommendations would be great.
thanks,
GRanDpA STiNk

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Question about method [Re: GRanDpA_STiNk]
    #778277 - 07/26/02 12:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

YES YES YES!

You can inject sterile water into the jars that need it! It works!!

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Question about method [Re: GRanDpA_STiNk]
    #778298 - 07/26/02 12:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can inject more water into the jar, but be careful that you use completely sterilized water - use the same sort of method like you were making a spore syringe.

You can also use the 'dunk tek', which seems to be all the rage right now. Your jars might colonize a little slower (unless they're REALLY dry) in the meantime, though.

As regards casing, I would use just straight vermiculite. Your mycelium won't rip through the casing layer as fast as with some other substances, but it's non-nutritive so it shouldn't contaminate.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation