Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Dangerous Mushies
    #762096 -

There were some GIANT mushrooms in my friend's yard. The caps averaged 10-14" and the stems were about 2" around.

I had never seen something so neat looking....so I took one.

Question: is it possible to inhale spores from some dangerous shroom and become ill? I don't think it is....but this kid I know was saying I was gonna die or something....silly huh?


--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: PGF]
    #762310 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: PGF]
    #762350 -

The only stories I've heard of where inhalation of spores has been dangerous have involved workers harvesting mushrooms in cultivation rooms (where the spore levels are unbelievable, especially with oyster mushrooms, and the worker had a sensitivity) or where individuals have more or less snorted puffball spores. In principle, the spores probably contain the same toxins as the mushroom, but given their size it would be diffcult to inhale enough spores to matter. You weren't planning on making spore prints, scraping the spores into lines, and snorting them, were you?


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: ToxicMan]
    #762760 -

no and I'm not interesed in the mushie past it's asthetic value...This particular one is very pleasing to the eye.....
I just picked it because it was the most beautiful mushroom I've ever seen. H U G E.

Someone I work with mentioned the spore inhalation thing and I thought, "that's ridiculous!".



--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: PGF]
    #762770 -

Post a pic of the thing so we can see it, too. (The snorting the spores part was a joke - I hope nobody would do such a thing)


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: ToxicMan]
    #762774 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: ]
    #763023 -

I hate it when that happens!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: ToxicMan]
    #763653 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: PGF]
    #766188 -

"I just picked it because it was the most beautiful mushroom I've ever seen. H U G E."

Don't pick beautiful shrooms if you are not going to use it. It's negative selection - you're punishing it for being beautiful by not allowing to disperse the spores and continue its race.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: zeronio]
    #767646 -

You know, that hasn't seemed to hurt flowers too much. I'm certain most everyone picking flowers will pick the most beautiful available, and I don't see a shortage of nice flowers anywhere except maybe Saharan Africa.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #768954 -

I exagerated, of course. But when I find a bunch of shrooms I always leave some so they can spread the spores. In Europe there are many species on the edge of extinction - there is always a chance that the mushroom you picked was the last of a kind.
I'm just suggesting that you don't pick mushrooms just beacuse they look nice, it is going to rot in a couple of days anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: zeronio]
    #770949 -

Yeah, bring a camera or something..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dangerous Mushies [Re: zeronio]
    #772200 -

So i shouldnt just go around kicking every mushroom i see just so i can watch its shit fly everywhere?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: ?Dangers of being in a cows field?
( 1 2 3 all )
TriGuy 17,273 42 12/16/99 12:20 PM
by Abaddon
* I found these mushies in the forest; stara 1,002 4 10/15/03 09:54 AM
by angryshroom
* Re: is drinking dangerous to mix with mushrooms? Anonymous 985 3 08/04/00 01:54 PM
by Groovy Grant
* Re: WINTER IN OZ, MUSHIES? mjshroomer 1,397 3 08/01/00 05:37 AM
by wintertime
* First hunt. too many mushies no clue please help dozer71 1,051 2 09/15/01 08:14 PM
by tchyted
* Can a kind soul help me ID my mushies pxsxmx 843 2 01/01/05 07:20 PM
by ToxicMan
* Mystery Mushies From My Yard(PICS!) dmtrypr 759 1 08/11/04 05:07 PM
by ToxicMan
* its starting to snow.. found some mushies. kootenayheaven 597 1 11/03/05 01:20 PM
by eris

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,542 topic views. 2 members, 14 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.