Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Which Pluteus + other ID's (pics).
    #758356 - 07/19/02 06:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Alright. I need some help. My guides are not giving me enough info to make an ID. Here are three pics of what I believe to be some type of pluteus. The fourth pic is a group of three different pluteus on another tree. The fifth pic is an unknown...Some type of mycena?

The 1st set of pluteus?s were growing in a very damp, humid, somewhat shaded area about 5 feet from a river, and on a rotting tree. They bruise more of a black/green color than blue around the 2.5hour mark after being picked and handled. The gills are light salmon, and free. Spores appear to be pink/salmon-pink/brown. The third pic is a grouping of the mushrooms picked from from the same tree, all of which I believe to be the same species, just in different life stages.

These were growing about 10 feet from the river in the same conditions as above. Bruising was less noticable. Not as many pleats/striations? They were a little darker and less brown than the ones above.

Lastly...any ideas?

VA has been tough to find anything. And, it might as well be a drought this year. : ( I?m going to go ahead and whine while I?m at it, if ya?ll don?t mind... ---WAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I feel better . Well, off to yet another park...

Thanks ya?ll,

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Which Pluteus + other ID's (pics). [Re: bluemoon]
    #761422 - 07/20/02 07:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #761781 - 07/20/02 09:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with Mr Mushrooms' probable ID of Pluteus cervinus, and all the photos appear to me to be the same species. Just out of curiosity, if you were able to ID correctly to the genus Pluteus, why wouldn't Pluteus cervinus be your first guess on the species?

Great photos by the way.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Re: Which Pluteus + other ID's (pics). [Re: ToxicMan]
    #762331 - 07/20/02 01:22 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The color of these mushrooms compared to the color in my guide was a bit off. Also, these darkened significantly when dried, and some of the mushrooms had a wet/sticky melted look that made me wonder if they were another species entirely.

I'm pretty sure they are cervinus now though.

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Anonymous

#762365 - 07/20/02 01:48 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags