Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Asante]
    #7542583 -

I wish there were such a thing as karma, but unfortunately that's not the way the world works, as anyone with any significant life experience will confirm.

I however do believe in being respectful and nice to others and I try (oh, how I try) to treat other people how I would have them treat me. Not because I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior or because I'm afraid of karma, but because it just MAKES SENSE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: adrug]
    #7542599 -

Quote:
I wish there were such a thing as karma, but unfortunately that's not the way the world works, as anyone with any significant life experience will confirm.




Without reincarnation or some form of afterlife it is very clear that there can be no justice. Some are born in wealth and others in poverty, and some have no chance to change that.

Pending the hard facts about life and death, anyone's firmest belief is but an assumption.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Asante]
    #7542718 -

i picked other because i didn't understand the use of the word balance as it relates to karma.

i think karma is defintely real but i would say it acts instantly.
although you do get other life karma, the instant one if the only one you should be worried about. or at least its the one i'm worried about.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Asante]
    #7542723 -

I don't believe so much in "karma" as in some overriding force governing people and making sure they get their dues, but more so in projection, if you put good out your more likely to receive good because you put it out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #7542741 -

to me, karma sounds like a guilt system that tries to force people to act nice.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7543511 -

I believe that there is a balance in this world.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Asante]
    #7548607 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Without reincarnation or some form of afterlife it is very clear that there can be no justice.



So who says there has to be justice? Justice is arbitrary. Unfortunately, I don't believe the universe is inherently just even though the concept sounds nice.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #7548626 -

I think that some kind of awareness is there after we die, but I don't think we personally suffer for the karma that we make in this lifetime. I mean, we are suffering from the karma of our ancestors and they are of the same essence so I think of it as that kind of deal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you believe in Karma? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #7548669 -

i have to say i like the idea. and when i am good good things happen, but also when i am bad good things happen, i answered probably yes because i have yet to be punished by "karma" for my sins.

i fear the day.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What does karma mean?
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 2,526 33 07/06/04 11:42 PM
by Hooty
* What if there is no Karma?
( 1 2 all )
Scolecite 2,066 22 05/03/04 12:34 AM
by Viveka
* Instant Karma got me! Morphrying 992 7 04/10/03 06:33 PM
by Morphrying
* The Mystic Tide - "Frustration" (mp3) LearyfanS 801 1 06/18/04 03:13 PM
by Learyfan
* I Love Karma JettaJay 820 8 11/04/04 12:19 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 6,326 95 09/24/04 01:39 PM
by goobler
* All My Vibes, All My Karma funkymonk 902 17 10/21/04 10:24 AM
by Simisu
* Into the Mystic............... PsyllyMe 426 5 08/15/04 06:13 PM
by Phishgrrl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,436 topic views. 5 members, 97 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.