Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Straw spawning tek......and dunking...
    #752401 - 07/17/02 04:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, im not sure how great this is....but I have just did the whole old timer's straw thing up to the colonizing. I used the POWDERED form of cakes instead of using chunks.
I know some people were not sure how good this would work and how long it would take. Its been about 24 hours and there are now mycelium spots on the straw were the powered cake was touching. So now i DO have innoculation points all over. So we will see how fast it takes over. I will post ever 24 hours. Or sooner if need be.
Also, I was told to rinse my cakes I have going after I use the straw water for the dunk tek. Well, not quite sure how I would do this. If I just rinse off the outside it really wont make too much of a difference. And if I thouroughly rinse it, be soaking it for a bit in distilled, sterlie, or spring water, i think that would defeat the purpose of using the straw water. Ideas?

Ok, here's an extra thing I wanted to bring up........I love walmart now, but I had to go to K-mart to get Damp-Rid cause WallyWorld was out.....
HHHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHh.......I went to the cash registers and there were on cashiers!! They had these computer thingies were you scan you're own items, bag them yourself, and insert money into the machine. What a mind fuck!!
I didnt know what to do at first, and the poor old lady in front of me was out of her mind! Has anyone seen these yet! Talk about trying to cut back on employees....
thank god I wasnt shroomin .........I think the machine elves are behind this....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Straw spawning tek......and dunking... [Re: GreyMatter]
    #752447 - 07/17/02 05:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a quick rinse is good to get any foodstuff over the cake exterior where contams might attack, the inside of the cake is protected from such.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation