Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegir
Perceptionist

Straw spawned with casing guts
    #1413214 - 03/27/03 05:49 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

OK, so Swim learned how to use straw and compost recently, got the necessary materials and got to cookin. He mixed equal parts chopped straw and compost together and pasturized it for about 1.75 hrs. After the stuff drained, it was time to put it to use. Swim knew that grainspawn was the best thing to use to get this stuff colonized but sadly he didnt have any. He found a small casing in his collection that had just had its first flush harvested. Since this was all he had, he cleaned the holy bejesus out of everything and dismantled the casing. He collected all the chunks of colonized pf style cakes and used them in the place of grainspawn. No about 2 weeks later, the straw stuff is showing a very small amount of happy growth on the surface. He knows this is slower than it would have been with grain but he will wait and see what happens.

Can anyone tell him if he should just wait it out? Or was the thing doomed from the part where used casings were used as spawn? Anyone done this beofre? Any advice?

--------------------
Click HERE for a sample of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Straw spawned with casing guts [Re: gir]
    #1413219 - 03/27/03 05:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My friend has spawned straw/dung with spent casings, spent cakes, rye, birdseed... it all works.  :laugh: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinegir
Perceptionist

Re: Straw spawned with casing guts [Re: dog]
    #1413242 - 03/27/03 06:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yay!!

Thank you! So what do you suppose is causing the slow colonization? I fear that the straw stuff was a bit too wet. But who knows....

--------------------
Click HERE for a sample of one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever recorded!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Straw spawned with casing guts [Re: gir]
    #1413272 - 03/27/03 06:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The slow colonization could be from overly damp straw, but as long as it's growing your OK. Keep your incubation temps as near 85F as possible and wait it out.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation