Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Alder chips
    #7479447 -

Whats a city near the puyallup/tacoma area that uses allot of alder chips in there parks/landscaping? I've looked all around these two areas too no avail, everywhere iv seen uses cedar chips :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7479461 -

dude, alder is not hard to find.


Youre not looking hard enough.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Edited by sui (10/03/07 12:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: sui]
    #7479465 -

Uhh, iv looked for over 20 hours this season, and havn't found a single patch of alder. It's all cedar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7479473 -

ShroominShaman said:
iv looked for over 20 hours this season



suimush said:
Youre not looking hard enough.



since this season fully kicked into gear ive put in at least three times that amount, if not more. all ive got is a few measly subb patches and some lone stuntzii here and there. NOTHING, compared to a cyan patch.

its really not hard to find alder chips in the PNW, although some towns just plain dont use them. get out there a bit more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: CptnGarden]
    #7479476 -

I said for over, i havn't exactly been punching a time card every time i go out. I was just asking for a general town that uses them, sorry i asked...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7479497 -

ShroominShaman said:
I said for over, i havn't exactly been punching a time card every time i go out. I was just asking for a general town that uses them, sorry i asked...




its just it takes alot of us alot of hours crawling around in woodchips to find them, Put the time in, it will be worth it.

Plus youre in the PNW, if i can find good spots here in the bay, you shouldnt be having any problems.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7479503 -

If you are having a real hard time head North to Seattle. It is not that far away from you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: fliped]
    #7479512 -

Thanks flipped. I really am putting Alot of time into this. I put almost all my free time into searching for mushrooms. I've found alot of liberty caps, i just havn't even seen alder chips. All the playgrounds around here use gravel, and all the landscaping is done with cedar. But i guess ill look even harder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7479525 -

ShroominShaman said:
Thanks flipped. I really am putting Alot of time into this. I put almost all my free time into searching for mushrooms. I've found alot of liberty caps, i just havn't even seen alder chips. All the playgrounds around here use gravel, and all the landscaping is done with cedar. But i guess ill look even harder.




try community colleges, and comercial areas too.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alder chips [Re: ShroominShaman]
    #7480405 -

I've seen posts of finds in Tacoma, so I know there are chips there. 
I wouldn't bother looking in playground chips, I've never found anything growing in them.  I think they fungicide those chips so the little chillins don't go putting random mushrooms in their mouths.

Mushroom hunting doesn't start in the fall, you can find woodchips year round and those who come the most prepared seem to do the best.

:laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Alder Chips....question diablovt1125 2,715 9 11/03/04 04:06 PM
by superblingtheory
* Bay Area Alder chips questions monster2 332 2 09/17/10 03:52 PM
by monster2
* Alder Chips? Theylikethatshit 1,078 11 09/26/08 02:33 AM
by koraks
* Alder chips shrobbinhood 1,133 7 09/17/10 01:51 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* Alder Chips? Pigsarefood 581 1 10/21/06 02:28 PM
by koraks
* how do you know its alder? deathcapcubensis 2,137 14 01/10/05 05:42 PM
by sui
* Playground wood chips Grzyby 1,172 10 11/04/09 12:32 AM
by canid
* Will hickory chips work instead of alder? Mr Cyan 2,077 15 11/14/08 01:38 PM
by Mr Cyan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,433 topic views. 2 members, 41 guests and 51 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.