Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: NYC, NY, US
Re: contam contam contam
    #74478 - 02/15/00 05:17 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

umm i cant help you but i have a question along this thread...hopefully both of us can be helped.

after many failed attempts...i finally got one cake to be contam free.it has other issues but thats not fr this thread.

i also had enough left over from my print to make a syringe for 6 more 1/2 pint BRFV cakes.

i made the cakes..its been seven days since innoc...things were looking great, had about dime size growths on every innoc point. i was a hppy man. i was looking at one of them today and it had been hit by green shit in two spots.

now the cakes were pressure cooked....they were innocluated in a glove box, using a brand new syringe and needle (both still sealed in the hospital shit they come in ( i barrowed them from a lab i worked at)..and sterile water that i barrowed from my ambulance's headquarters.

what the hell did i do wrong. and should i worry about more contams in the other cakes?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLuciferX
ape

Re: contam contam contam
    #74480 - 02/15/00 05:20 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Well, i too had the same problem. i think it just stems from becoming lazy.. and increased spore loads in the house.
when i did my first batch of mushies.. i was sterile every way i could be.. i boiled evreything and pcooked everything.. sterilized my casing trays and casings.
As each batch of jars went though though.. i noticed slowly i was getting more contams. At first after the second flush.. then after the first.. then i couldnt grow anything! i was getting lazy in my sterile tek.
The mean green is a very formitable mold. it eats everything. The only way i have found to defeat it is to sterilize evrything. pcook for a little longer.. and mist everything down with h202 often. keep your growing area and house clean when you do substrates especially. lysol and a bleach solution help alot.

Keep it up and you will succeed

------------------
-LuciferX-

"What if this world is another worlds hell?"
-Aldous Huxley

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aldous Huxley

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation