Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Now with trip reporting action!]
    #7313474 -

I'm no chemist(YET), and I'm not a botanist(although I'd like to dabble). I've got some HBWR coming my way, as well as Syrian Rue. I've read cyanogenic glycosides are soluble in water, and I know we touched on this in a previous post, but I'd like to add my thoughts and get some commentary & criticism on them.

From what I've read, the skin and/or fuzzy outer coating of the Morning Glory and Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose is the primary location for the cyanogenic glycosides (CG from herein). Therefor the idea of boiling the seeds whole comes to mind to reduce CG content. However I've heard much commentary about how the heat will decompose the d-Lysergic Acid Amides (LAA). However I can't find this information myself, just that the most popular LAA, LSD, is decomposed when it comes in contact with light and heat.

So if indeed this is true, a method of soaking an agitating the seeds in cold water, then drying and repeating in fresh water, should be sufficient to significantly lower the CG content. Studies on Lima beans show that from an original content of 260mg HCN/100g bean flour, boiling for 6 hours and drying of the flour results in a content of <50mg HCN/100g bean flour. Maybe without heat this would be less effect, but the point is there, and why not take an extra step to thwart off nausea?

The obvious approach, is that if the seed-coat is truly the source of CGs, or at least the only place where the concentration is significant, why not remove the seed-coats. Okay so this seems to be common practice right? Well I think I'd feel even safer had the water had the chance to soak completely through the seed-coat, and wash it all out more thoroughly. But maybe I'm just being overly concerned about a simple problem?

Now I know that LAAs, as with most active chemicals, are soluble in water. I also know that it is not like all the LAAs are going to "jump-ship" instantly, weaseling their way from the inside of the seed out! So when you all think to comment that the process is taking some of the LAAs out of the seed, I feel that the amount lost would be worth the end-result of having a less toxic product.

Why not extract the LAAs if you're so keen on not taking the CGs with it? Well unless I have an arse-load of chemistry equipment, I'm sure I'd end up with the CGs anyways, not to mention the fact that it's a drawn out, and easily botched-up process, that is essentially worthless for someone who is just going to be consuming the end result anyway.

Lastly I'd like to touch on a possible solution/quick alleviation of HCN induced nausea/muscle fatigue. HCN is metabolised to a non-toxic form via addition of glucose. Ironic because the only way it was metabolized from its CG form was through removal of a glucose molecule from the mix. It is also interesting to note that the activity of b-Glucosidase, primarly responsible for the freeing of the HCN from it's sugary prison, is deactivated by low pH(in the stomach), and is made less efficient in the presence of large amounts of glucose (through competitive inhibition), as well as the addition of ethanol to these factors. Although ethanol seems to be the least effective by itself, sometimes increasing the effectiveness of the enzyme.

So through a little common-sense investigation, I come up with this simple method for averting the cyanide related side-effects of seed consumption.

1) Soak seeds in warm water, stir a little bit, just try and get the seed coats wet.

2) Remove, dry thoroughly and quickly without heat.

3) Repeat steps 1) and 2) for thoroughness as desired.

4) Take the "cleaned" seeds, and carefully eliminate their outer-coating.

5) Acidify some water, this can be done easily by dissolving Vitamin C into the water. This serves a dual purpose, from my understanding it will increase the solubility of the amides, and by decreasing pH, we're attempting to prevent the action of b-Glucosidase on the CGs.

6) Take the "cleansed", stripped seeds, and put them in a grinder with glucose tablets(easily attainable from the pharmacy). The idea here is to prevent the b-Glucosidase that is normally seperated from the CGs (until we grind the seeds) from getting to act on too much of the CGs themselves. We do this through the competitively inhibiting effect of glucose on b-Glucosidase.

7) Quickly deposit the mixture into the acidified water, to further reduce the effectiveness of b-Glucosidase. Now things get hairy.

Every moment that the seed flour sits in the solution, the b-Glucosidase is breaking the sugar off of the CGs and making cyanide, even if less effectively, it's still going on. I'd recommend throwing some ginger or peppermint, or something to help stomach the concoction into the mix. Then I'd recommend drinking it, and ingesting the plant matter along with it, immediately.

However if you truly desire to make a tea, and not mess with the plant matter, we can agitate it, and let it dissolve for as long as we like. Chances are with all of the precautions we've taken, the presence of cyanide will be extremely low no matter what. Just remember, the purpose is to reduce toxicity, not make it tasty and without unpleasant consistencies.

I'd love to hear commentary. I took about 2 hours devising this strategy, and realized many of the initial erroneous ideas in the process. This is also all information that I compiled in research I performed within the past 3-4 hours. So any commentary from more scholarly and experienced individuals is much appreciated!


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Edited by Subterfuge (08/24/07 12:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7313488 -

So you haven't tried this before?

Try putting it to the test


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7313512 -

I'm planning on it, probably tomorrow.  Wish me luck! :tongue2:


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7313546 -

Yea most definitely, update the thread and tell us how it goes!

:goodluck:


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7313801 -

I don't understand why everybody complains about nausea with HBWR and cactus....I've never even felt the SLIGHTEST bit of nausea on morning glory seeds, Ololuiqui, cactus and HBWR and I've done them all many times...

3 words people....Cannabis, Ginger, Mint....

Cannabis+Ginger+Mint=ZERO NAUSEA


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for"-Hopi proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Teotzlcoatl]
    #7313819 -

Everyone's different, some people can ignore the side-effects. It's not just nausea, it's also muscle fatigue and other things that are not comfortable in an altered state.

But like I said, everyone reacts differently, and Cyanide related ailments are common to these natural CG containing psychedelics.


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7314724 -

As an interesting note, my ex-girlfriend talked to me today about her latest physical ailment. From her description of nausea, headaches, and general fatigue after exercise, I assumed that she has low blood sugar. Probably from eating only simple carbohydrates, and quickly expending them.

She informed me that she seems to get nauseated after drinking milk, or eating strawberries. Now I assumed first that she could be lactose intolerant, as it's so very common. Upon further investigation, I discovered that cows, being herbivores, tend to ingest a fair amount of CGs, passing them on through their milk. I do believe strawberry seeds contain an amount of CGs themselves. Therefor having low blood sugar could cause her to be unable to metabolize cyanide back into CGs efficiently. Hence the stomach problems!

I could be totally wrong, I just found it rather coincidental that the same day I made this post, a possible and more common run in with CGs comes up in our conversation.


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7314784 -

I did the more traditional naptha, then ethanol wash to get the LSA goodness out, but it was strange. Nothing hallucinogenic, just a very weird feeling, immense body load, that was only alleviated later in the day when we had more cannabis and ginger beer. Even then me and my friend seemed to alternate. One of us would be overwhelmed and sleepy, the other buzzing with energy, and then we'd swap roles.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7314857 -

I'm gonna make some assumptions here, so forgive and correct me if I'm wrong.

Cyanogenic Glycosides are soluble in water, and it could be because of polarity. Therefor a non-polar solvent like Naptha would not dissolve them. Subsequently, a solvent like ethanol, being a polar solvent, would very well dissolve the Cyanogenic Glycosides, which at this point have probably been converted to Cyanide anyway. Therefor it could account for a great deal of the body load (as it is one of the cyanide poisoning symptoms). Who knows, maybe the cyanide has some sort of effect on preventing the interaction of the LAAs with the 5HT2 receptor, or maybe it completely blocks its entrance to begin with. Or more simply, maybe the mental reaction to the cyanide is enough to completely thwart off the deeper levels of psychedelic activity others have experienced.

I personally will be trying LSA with an MAOI to insure its full effect. From what I've seen, most that have attained full-blown psychedelic experiences on the substance have included a form of MAOI.

I'm also curious to know what kind of dosage you took, how much you'd eaten, etc. etc. Did you use morning glory seeds, what species?

On a side note, about 2 years back I decided to do a naptha/everclear crude extraction... Halfway through we decided to scrap the project, took some more seeds, ground about 200 heavenly blues up to be split between me and my friend. We threw em on PB+J and it was narsty!

We both stomached it, being more interested in our sensory pleasure later, than having it now.

We both experienced severe body load, mainly in the legs, sometimes painfully so, and occasional bursts of energy and giddiness. I attribute the energy and giddiness to a placebo effect. The seeds that are available in the stores also commonly have warning labels noting the pesticides they spray on them, and just because it doesn't have the label doesn't mean they aren't there. Between the most likely extremely hostile nature of the pesticides' interaction with the active chemicals, and the heat of the environment and/or equipment used to process and package them, most of the LAAs could quite possibly have been destroyed.

Regardless of the cause here, I think the moral of the story is: Nature knows best; especially in the conservation of its own chemicals. Buy from a non-industrial source, or grow morning glories yourself (they're beautiful vines), and make sure you remove those nasty seed-coats, or better yet, we'll see how well my little experiment here goes. (I wish I had enough to make it more scientific!)


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7317705 -

Today seems to be the day of reckoning.

I went to the store and got the following:
A Coffee Bean Grinder
A Collander
A Bottle of 1000 MG Vitamin C
A Package of Glucose Tablets
Some Ginger
Some Mint

All the ingredients needed for a pleasantly brewed psychedelic experience. The package is a few cities over according to tracking, and should be arriving with the mail any moment! *excitement*


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7328244 -

Okay so the package arrived yesterday.  I was a little disappointed in my town's postal system, lol.

The operation was a  total success.  Time for the report:

I began by soaking 1 1/2 teaspoons of P. Harmala in warm water.  The water quickly gained a brown tinge.  I'm not sure that P. Harmala has CGs, but with all the reports of nausea I wouldn't totally rule it out as part of the cause.  I removed the P. Harmala from the water by use of a colander, and placed it in a paper towel to dry.  After it became sufficiently dry I placed it in the coffee grinder and gave it a few good shakes.  I scraped the somewhat moist seed flower into about 4 cups of water boiling at a low temperature.  As the stuff in the grinder dried I was able to get the remaining residue into the pot.

I added a fair amount of ginger and mint, and allowed it to boil for about 20 minutes, until I was left with about 1 1/2 cups of liquid.  I strained the liquid with the colander, and poured it into a glass.  This is where I started doing things that were kind of stupid.  I added a splash of OJ to sweeten it, *acidity*.  The stuff really didn't taste bad, just irregular, and I consciously programmed myself to enjoy it.  I drank it over the course of the next half hour, accompanied by a joint mixed with a small quantity of sinicuichi.

I began feeling very high, but it felt different, slightly psychedelic possibly.  Now for the fun stuff!

I got out my Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose seeds, and observed the fuzzy brown coating.  I placed them in just enough warm water to cover them.  After soaking for a few moments the fuzzy seed coating became very soluble in the water, and no longer adhered tightly to the seeds.  I was able with my fingers to "push" off the coating, and it left a floating white material in the water, which very slowly dissolved.  After removing the seed coats from 9 seeds, I dried them, and placed them on my cutting board for further prep.  I scraped the dark skin off of the seed to the best of my ability, till I was satisfied that what I had left was all of the good stuff, and no harmful quantity of the bad stuff.  It's interesting to note, that even though some of the steps I've taken might not have helped a damn thing, it's the ritual that counts for increasing your chances of having a grand old time, problem free.

I ground the seeds with a tablet of glucose, and 2000mg of vitamin c.  Big mistake here folks.  2000 MG is way too much citric acid.  This whole time I had another bit of tea boiling away with mint and ginger, and before grinding the seeds I had taken it off the burner to allow it to cool.  After the seeds were ground up, and the water cooled significantly, I placed the mixture into the water, and stirred it up for about 10 minutes.  I then put it into the glass, mint, ginger, seed material and all, and drank it, eating the bits of seed material as well.

The quantitative data:

Dosage:
1 1/2 teaspoons P. Harmala in tea
1/2 a joint mixed with Sinicuichi
9 skinned Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose seeds

[T -1:00]
Drank P. Harmala tea

[T -0:30]
Smoked half a jay with Sinicuichi.  Gradually feel more and more out there, but not tripping yet.

[T 0:00]
Drank HBWR tea.  Tasted good believe it or not... Glucose and citric acid yum yum!  I went to my room, and sat down and talked to a friend of mine for a while.
[T +0:15]
I Began to feel very much like I had just taken a strong dosage of MDMA.  Very strong feeling of a need for socialization.  I could relax and meditate and be all to myself, but at the moment I wanted to talk.  I began noticing interesting things about myself, the computer is a calming mechanism for me.  I didn't really like that, I felt it was a crutch, I wanted to talk to people, why should I have to do it in this silicon prison?

[T +0:45]
I went to lay down, feeling bloated, too much water!  I lay in my bed meditating, euphoric states came and went, the more euphoric I was, the less I felt bloated.

[T +1:00]
Really getting into it now, but still not much stronger than a heavy dosage of MDMA.  Heartburn begins to rise (too much acid? I think so!).  I'd like to note here that I never once felt nauseated up to this point, and for the most part I didn't all night.

[T +1:30]
I was talking to my friend at this point, but also wandering about my room.  I wanted to meditate but laying down made the heartburn unbearable.  When I did lay down, I thought I'd puke, I wasn't nauseous though, and that's key.  I simply wanted to puke, partially because I'd start tripping very hard when I felt the heartburn.  At this point I returned to the computer and talk to my friend, I was saying some great stuff too :laugh:.

Quote:
that's why psychedelics are good... they avoid all the formalities of ethics and morals, and just let you get to the bottom of things"



This particular line made me feel very good.  I realized that this proof was solid enough for me to have faith in my off-beat choice as being a psychedelic researcher for therapeutic purposes.  Profound and comforting stuff.

[T +2:15]
This is where things started getting hairy.  I felt that the heartburn was too intense, as I kept laying down.  Time dilation really started hitting me like a brick.  This was the intermission of the first wave.  I got up to the bathroom, and sobered up 100% for about 10 seconds.  I got to the bathroom and felt a little stoned.  I kneeled in front of the porcelain goddess and said to myself, "Enough is enough, I'm getting rid of this bloating."  (At first I thought the bloating was what was bothering me, and that vomiting would help, it was not till I finally came down that I remembered noticing heartburn early on, most likely due to the Vitamin-C/water mixture)

I kneeled and thought, somewhat sober-minded.  I thought I could end it all, or I could continue tripping, but vomiting in either case would help.  At this point I began to acquire some paranoia... I didn't want to be too loud.  I didn't want my roommate to hear me purging, he would probably tell me I was an idiot for taking the shit, and that I was gonna die or some thing you just don't say to someone in my state.  I thought again about how purging tends to bring on the next wave, and I liked that idea, but felt I could stop it from happening had I wanted to.  So I decided to purge, beginning to worry if I would wake up my neighbors.  (We actually have very thick walls, and I do know that unless you fall into one, no one can really hear each other)

Purging helped at first, I felt refreshed, cleansed.  But I went to brush my teeth, I didn't want that nasty taste in my mouth... I smelled the tooth paste... And ran back to the toilet, noticing how dirty it was, thinking I did that (I really didn't our toilet is teh NAST right now).  I tried to purge but could barely get a drip going because I was so overly concerned about noise level.  Finally, I returned to the sink, brushed my teeth, and felt a lot better.

I exited the bathroom and noticed the stove was on with a pot on it, it was extremely bright.  I knocked on my roommate's door, and asked him if he was cooking something... He didn't really even realize I was tripping.

It's interesting to notice that I didn't really have profound visuals, but the world was quite different visually.  I'm sure the pros know what I mean, but for the n00bies I'll give the example of how it was looking in the mirror.  On mushrooms I see myself and everything clearly, but my face always looks strange.  On this stuff, I looked in the mirror, and was in the mirror, I had a brief OBE when I went to brush my teeth, utterly breathtaking.

[T +2:20]
I got back to my computer  and told my friend I wretched, but that I feel better now, and that this stuff was great, and that I was glad it worked so well!  We chatted for about 10 minutes.  I went to pee, returned, and started to wonder if I actually did... I do this a lot on psychedelics... I also find it embarrasing, and didn't want to disturb my roommate at all still... This made me kind of upset, as I started repeatedly going to the bathroom, being a little loud (but not dangerously), and then returning to bed, feeling heartburn.

The concern changed from peeing to purging, but I didn't want to again, I didn't want to be loud.  I began to realize eventually, instead of purging, that I just wanted to get a drink to stop the cotton mouth.  I went to get a drink and chose water.  I began to take small sips, and it helped, but the cotton mouth quickly returned.  I drank a great deal of water which made my heartburn act up.  I did the bathroom routine again shortly after this.  This all could have been alleviated had I realized that my roommate had no clue I was tripping yet, and that even if I did disturb him, he most likely would not mind.  I mainly cared about him thinking I was sick or hurt, and being called stupid by him.

[T +2:45]
I accepted that it was okay to talk to my roommate, and decided to try and let him know that I was sick but okay.  A wave of paranoia overcame, and I thought about stupid things I've done that could have attracted attention, although logical sober thinking would indicate to me that these are minor things.  I suddenly felt like the few websites I went on while in the throw of the last wave.  This is the beginning of the true onset of the second wave.  As I told my roommate over aim I was sick, a window popped up because a program erroneously terminated.  I thought it was a popup and closed it safely to avoid problems.  But I thought I could have definitely messed up before.  I got very scared.  I thought the cops could come any second.  I thought I had been too loud and that would be the catalyst.

I told my roommate how stupid I had been, how stupid it was for me to trip, etc. etc.  All the wrong stuff to talk about.  Suddenly after releasing that burden, I was profoundly euphoric.  I wanted to tell my roommate something cool, but I still had a tad of paranoia.  I got to his room, I might have said what I wanted, but I suddenly got really paranoid.  My roommate responded actually very well, he told me I was just being paranoid, we bullshitted for a little bit, but I kept thinking about thing... I wondered if it was bad that the lights were on and the blinds were open when it was after 2:30 AM.  He asked me how it was different from any night... I sensed the turn for hostility in his voice (he gets bored and frustrated sometimes with "obstacles").

I told him it was different tonight because I was tripping and didn't want people to see me doing anything stupid.  I really was well collected at that point though surprisingly.  The conversation swung away from that, now onto how I should choose a new major, and all that.  I began to feel lonely, and like I needed to return home to NJ and be with my family.  Instead I found a replacement, staying here, keeping my friends, and working on computers.  We talked about game ideas, Microsoft's cunning ways of keeping people on their platform...  I really began to come down from my second wave quite quickly.

Eventually I told him I was gonna go lay down for a bit.  Laying down made me feel the heartburn again, and I panicked, hitting wave #3.  I felt I could be in trouble, that I could die from purging in my sleep and inhaling it; I was even just worried about purging in my room, and felt my initial plan of having a bucket for it was dirty and bad.  All the talking my roommate did to try and convince me to do things, made me not want to purge.  He had a good idea, eat some bread, absorb the acid.  I felt that food would make me nauseous, so I said no and he didn't let it drop.  Milk would have helped, but I couldn't drink milk AND stop the cotton mouth.  I just wanted little sips of milk because I felt I couldn't fit anything in my stomach.  I wish I just drank a bunch of milk and dealt with the cotton mouth, would have had less of a bad trip.

I went to talk to my roommate again, and layed on the floor while just bullshitting.  I started to feel much better, but I felt the heartburn again, and told my roommate I might vomit.  Asked me if I wanted to and I really didn't so eventually I arrived at no, and he told me then don't, and went back to playing his game.  I'd go through it all with him over and over, I'm sure it was quite annoying.  I really just wanted to go lay down but didn't want to tell him that I thought I COULD purge, and inhale it in my sleep or something.  I eventually did, and got him to understand it was just precautionary.

[T+ 3:30]
I did a lot of taking on his personality traits in my trip, I logically have attributed this to the fact that I have been wanting to move away for more than just to go to community college up in Washington if you know what I mean.  I'll get back to that.

I returned to his room for a second, said something, said goodnight again, and returned to my room.  I wanted to close the door but didn't want to because I didn't want him to be unable to ascertain my safety.

I returned to his room finally with my blanket and pillow, and asked him if I could lay down and watch him play games.  This part was great, I wasn't really even watching him play the game, just saw a few colors on the screen where it wasn't blocked by his arm.  I finally attained a lasting euphoria, but felt that I needed to stay until I didn't feel "sick" anymore, so it wouldn't go away!  I stayed there until 5:30, and then returned to my room for good.  I lay in my bed, as the sun rose, and looked in my mirror.  I could see my whole body, and it was amazing.  But I could never manage to see it, and then meditate, I was too mentally distracted at this point.
[T +5:30]
We'll call this the revelations part, what a lot of people also call the rebirth.  This was the end of the part most people call Death, it's a bad trip, and it's very very useful IMHO.  This last part was spent looking into the mirror, and seeing the reflected world, and enjoying it, while my mind raced about all the things I had realized on the trip.  This drug seems to have GREAT integration of experiences.  You don't really forget very much, or maybe rather you can remember things after you come out of the peak.  FYI I'd consider myself having peaked for about 5 hours, AMAZING.

[T+ 8:00]
I finally could say that I came down at this point.  I was stricken with a good case of insomnia, and laid in bed for about 8 hours, phasing in and out of alertness.  No real sleep though.  I had to go to work today at 6 PM so I really didn't have time to sleep at that point, and decided to start waking up.

[T+ 16:00]
I arrive at work (Domino's), it's friggin' SLAMMIN'.  I manage to not get hurt or anything, but eventually after about 30 minutes of constantly working the oven, something happened that caused the oven to back up.  It's all good because my boss saved my ass, and gave me a break.  At that point the stress of the situation I had walked in on, and the heat of the oven (sweat dripping, yummy), and just being out of it had gotten me slightly frustrated.  I blew off the steam really fast once I started getting on the phones with people.  I guess talking helps me, even if people can be pretty stupid when ordering pizza...

It took about 2 hours for the rush to die, and my boss finally got a chance to ask me how the trip went.  I shared bits and pieces of the story with him and the other coworkers all day, and a couple of them shared me theirs too.  :smile:

I'm glad I went to work, I was worried I wouldn't make it.  But I did, and I get to retain that chill assed job. :laugh:

Anyway I'm gonna go smoke a bone and relax, typing is exhausting.  I'll follow up tomorrow.


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Now with trip reporting action!] [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7328319 -

Good posts, you deserve your first rating.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Now with trip reporting action!] [Re: Subterfuge]
    #7332187 -

Well it was about 30 hours before I truly got a chance to sleep.  Totally restless, but that's a personal thing not a side effect.  I stay up way too late all the time, hanging out on the internets and stuff.

I just wanted to note that, as soon as I came out of the bad trip, when the "death" segment ended, I felt I had shed all the personality flaws from my roommate I felt I had picked up during the bad trip.  I then of course felt extremely euphoric.

To me this really says something.  I shouldn't fall back on my plan.  I should pursue my hopes and dreams, and I should move to Washington state.  Without social burdens, I am free, and I am productive.  As long as I'm playing a game, pretending to be alright with my companions, I am unproductive.

This chemical seems to have a lot in common with MDMA; it really feels the same at first too.  The experience is easily integrated, and the trip, if well guided and without too many bodily annoyances, is wonderful and enlightening.  I find psychedelics to be riddles like dreams sometimes.  It is our subconscious given a clear voice, and the ability to interact with us directly.  I also believe it is our link to the oneness, the universal consciousness that we are all a part of.  I was able to act in such a way that made me feel like someone else, distinctly!  I was able to unravel the mystery to this one quite easily too, a lot more easily than any dreams I have.

:thumbup: To the LAAs of HBWR.


--------------------
"How could it be on or off? it's a water fountain!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cyanogenic Glycosides: A Second Look [Now with trip reporting action!] [Re: Subterfuge]
    #21186827 -

I know this is an old post but due to it being related to safety and cyanide poisoning i feel i must revive it from the grave, i know sorry.

Has any one ever experienced:

Hyperventilation, headache, nausea, vomiting, collapse, coma, convulsions, respiratory failure, and death?

I have several wonderful memories of using HBWR and never considered the level of glycosides to be of any significance. I took seven seeds and things started out great, wonderful peak, awesome sedation and body load. Nothing out of the ordinary, it was great and my wife was also having a good time on six seeds.

Then i woke up at 2:00am in a horrific cold sweat and unable to breathe enough oxygen despite a normal pulse, blood pressure, and temperature. I was confused and asking for my mom, i couldnt walk, severe dehydration was present, and my fingers were going numb. This was +5:00hr into the trip and symptoms progressively worsened. At around 4:00am i was experiencing respiratory failure, convulsions, and fainting. (Not good)

After laying on the floor vomiting, convulsing, and unable to absorb oxygen, i was moved to my couch and continued to experience breathing difficulties. This was around 6:00am and +10:00hr after dosing!

I am lucky to be alive and i must say exercise caution with seeds. I had removed the coating, tested the batch in smaller doses, and had supervision but still almost required a visit to poison control.

I believe some type of acid or base wash is required to break down the saponins and glycosides responsible for cyanide poisoning. I do not regret taking the seeds but i will never do it again, please be careful my fellow shroomerites!

Once again im sorry to revive an old post but after experiencing first-hand what cyanide feels like i felt a warning must be given.


--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* are cyanogenic glycosides (hbwr) water soluable? sancho 2,910 8 10/22/03 11:33 PM
by biglo
* Experienced Herb Growers
( 1 2 all )
Hrethic 8,513 23 03/27/19 08:49 AM
by Johnieweedseed
* Those experienced with ABSINTHE.... Euphoria 1,333 7 06/03/04 07:57 PM
by Royale
* Wild harvested Passion flower seed germination Knoa6 1,847 10 08/21/07 11:46 AM
by Divinatory
* Passion Flower: The new Syrian Rue Mycomancer 14,506 17 07/04/04 12:02 PM
by felixhigh
* MG LSA, help! HoodedForestDwellr 1,232 12 05/31/04 12:33 AM
by Mr_Gubjet
* Any other plants? Purplehaze 1,595 7 09/02/04 08:09 PM
by Aneglakya
* DMT from Mimosa
( 1 2 3 all )
Weiliiiiii 7,167 57 11/10/03 11:23 AM
by felixhigh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
4,246 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.