Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesean123
Stranger
Re: Are prints from contaminated shrooms clean?
    #72909 - 01/25/00 12:42 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Are you asking what is the best way to sterilize a syringe in preperation to make a spore syringe or are you asking if you should take any measures to sterilize a syringe full of spores?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Are prints from contaminated shrooms clean? [Re: sean123]
    #72911 - 01/25/00 04:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I am asking what is a good way to sterilize a spore syringe before it is even made. I have been using the same syringe for at least 20 crops, and in my last few crops contamination has showed up. I have always sterilized my jars the same way and I even soaked them in bleach before my last crop. It might be my spore prints that are contaminated, but I am not sure. I always make my own spore syringes. I started 6 jars last time. I innoculated 5 jars with amazonian cubs (using the syringe I have been using for my last 20 crops) and 1 jar with Mexi cubs using another syringe. I also made my own syringe with the Mexi's. The 5 jars with the amazonian cubs are contaminated but the Mexican cubs are just fine with no contamination. It is either the syringe or the prints that I am using. I just want to know a good way to sterilize the syringe so I can find out if my spore prints are contaminated. There isnt any way I know of sterilizing a syringe when the spores are already in it without killing the spores. I am also still wondering if I can get an uncontaminated print from my batch of contaminated shrooms. Is it possible? Will it affect my future batches? THanks in advance.

Offline*kino*
    #72912 - 01/26/00 11:20 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

that's a very good question.. i would like to know the answer...

Anonymous

#72913 - 01/27/00 12:20 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Can anyone help out here? All comments and suggestions are appreciated!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag