Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
Hippie3 Dunktek Question...
    #728673 - 07/07/02 08:08 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everyone..
I have a single cake in a mini - terrarium (a little glass house about 16" tall, 10" in diameter, with a small dish of perlite for humidification). This is this cake's 5th flush using the dunk tek.
initially, after the 4th flush (achieved using the drinking straw method), I dunked the cake for 12 hours in evaporated milk (in the fridge, of course). I then put it back in the terrarium, only to notice a really rank ass smell a few days later(spoiled milk, of course). Rather than throw it out, I then bleached dunked the cake in 100:1:2 (water,bleach,vinegar) solution for another 12 hours, and then in sterilized water for 12 hours after that. I really didnt think the cake would pull through, but now there are 4 pins (and a whole crap load of tiny aborts, maybe 25 or so) growing from the top of the cake! The 4 pins look like they're definately going to make it through to maturity. They are EQ strain, have dark brown caps and brown streaks on the stems (assuming this is normal, after some searchin on this board)
My question is, do you think these shrooms are safe enough to eat? There is NO sign of the spoiled milk smell at all, as after I re-dunked the cake I disinfected the terrarium and used a fresh dish with new perlite. Im pretty amazed, this cake is in its 5th flush! I wonder how long it will keep going??

Thanks
Zesty

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium
THC Junkie
Male
Re: Hippie3 Dunktek Question... [Re: ZestyMycelium]
    #728718 - 07/07/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'll be very surprised if you get anymore after this one. Hell, I'll be surprised if those few pins even make it to maturity! But, 5 flushes thats pretty damn good. Good luck!

Anonymous

#728724 - 07/07/02 08:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Hippie3 Dunktek Question... [Re: ]
    #729057 - 07/07/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, Im pretty amazed myself - I didnt think it was ever going to fruit again! The 4 shrooms are definately going to make it, they're nearly twice the size they were this morning! After I pick them, Im going to clean off all the abhorts and try another dunk, this time with evap. milk and dextrose.

Thanks again
Zesty

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #730492 - 07/08/02 02:47 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

pretty cool,
i do the same thing,
it's amazing just how tough these things are.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

InvisibleZestyMycelium
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Hippie3 Dunktek Question... [Re: Hippie3]
    #732579 - 07/08/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hippie3 - first let offer you a personal thanks for comming up with such an awesome tek...I mean the drinking straw method works well and all, but dunking really is the shit!:)

I actually redunked the cake tonight, although instead of milk/dextrose I ground up some brown rice flour, boiled it with a tbsp of brown sugar (figured what the hell:)) until it turned into a BRF 'porridge' Then I added more water until it had the consistency of milk, and ran it through a strainer. Now Ive got the cake sitting in that! If I get a 6th flush out of it, Ill crap my pants:)

Thanks for the reply!
Zesty

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #732834 - 07/09/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

my pleasure.
always makes me feel good to know i've helped a fellow grower on the way.
good luck on your experiments,
and let us know how it grows.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck