Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My Insight on feng shui
    #728401 -

First I want to declare that I was never into feng shui, I thought that was kind of stupid, but after an inspirational insight that I had, I feel that I understood the basic concept of this art, and I think is quite fascinating. I felt so moved with the insight that I feel like sharing it.
I have no prove that will work yet, since I just started to experiment with it.
It all happen the other day when I was resting on my lazy boy, I was staring to my window with out thinking, and suddenly it hit me, (my window is big, with some nice curtains that my wife made, underneath I have an antic table, with 7 blooming African violets and a water fountain that we made, we also have some stain glasses hanging) why did we put so much effort in decorating that part of the house, and in that way? The section of the house is decorated in a very sublime and almost ethereal way, just to give it a description.
I keep thinking why is it that we decorated the way we did, after that I started to look at other parts of the house and how they were decorated or not decorated, and it hit me again "symbols" is all about subconscious symbols, that is how our subconscious works symbols and images, I keep thinking and observing the decorations and placement of things in my house and is a blueprint, pretty much of how my subconscious works and feels.
So the next thought was, would the symbols work on reverse? If I were to place something intentional in my surroundings will the symbol go back and produce a change in my sub consciousness?
That's when I did some research on feng shui, There is something called the bagua or pakua that tells you what section of a room corresponds to something in your life, creativity, money, love etc.
It also gives you a correspondence about elements and colors etc.( I don't know how they figured it out, maybe by a lot of observations)
I started to verify it in my house and I was astound that the places that I put more effort corresponded to positive things in my life, what was more amazing even the elements and colors were matching, and in places like my office, there were no decoration and disorganized, al mess in general, resembles my attitude and feeling about my job.
Feng shui will tell you to put mobile or a fountain in a certain section to bring a change. The way I understand the reason for that, is by bringing your attention to that section ( I think what they mean energy is really attention) and in that section you should decorated the place with things that you really feel strong about in a positive way like an image of success or something, and every time you focus sub consciously there, the image goes in. its all about sending messages to your subconscious.
Any way I felt like sharing.
Perhaps you can also see how your subconscious works by observing your surroundings.
Good luck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: LOBO]
    #730023 -

Fallling water is an element of Feng Shui that allows for change.. or to prevent things from becoming "stagnant". Falling water also creates a negative charge I think, which can help cleanse the air and neutralize the energy.

Proper placement of furniture is very important, as I have found different placements result in different energy distribution/vortex centers.

Feng Shui is an art, I enjoy it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: ]
    #730030 -

Falling water also creates a negative charge I think, which can help cleanse the air...
Yes it does, and it's more soothing and better to meditate by than that Sharper Image Ionizer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: ]
    #730084 -

It used to be called "Interior Decorating", but that doesn't have a mystic connotation to it.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: Swami]
    #730100 -

Opinion or fact?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: ]
    #730166 -

I'd say it's a fact that feng shui is like the interior decorator's version of the Y2K scam.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: Sclorch]
    #730178 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: ]
    #730193 -

Shroomism, it's an interior decorator conspiracy... I figured you'd be sympathetic to that idea. hehehe

I like how you take a joke like that so seriously. Have you been feng shuied or something?


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: Sclorch]
    #730204 -

Yes.
In all seriousness I am serious. I don't make fun of the spiritual world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: ]
    #730248 -

In all seriousness I am serious. I don't make fun of the spiritual world.

You're already a party pooper at your age? Too bad.
I'm always having fun with spirits. My one spirit buddy, Aquavit (he's Norwegian), is alot of fun.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: Sclorch]
    #730272 -

Of course I have fun with them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: Sclorch]
    #730672 -

You're already a party pooper at your age? Too bad. I'm always having fun with spirits. My one spirit buddy, Aquavit (he's Norwegian), is alot of fun.

The only party you're attending probably involves your 'Norwegian spirit buddy'. And yeah...I'm sure you would consider it a lot of fun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: LOBO]
    #731769 -

Lobo I would be most interested in what you have to say about this when you gather your information. I, for one, have never given much credence to Feng Shui but I would never discount it either...stranger things have happened I would say.


--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Insight on feng shui [Re: LOBO]
    #778599 -

on seriousness first....
GREATER POOP: Are you really serious or what?
MAL-2: Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously. Either way it is irrelevant.
The Principia Discordia

On Feng Sui...
i've hear it described that FengShui is to your living sapce as accupuncture is to your body...
It's translated water and wind (or was that wind and water?)..
The POP fengShui stuff (like that Lillian Fu Toilet seat depleating household finances shit) is mostly fluff, but there's more promising stuff @ www.geomancy.net
Like all information, filter it...
but there is something to be said for a harmonious mind as part of a harmonious living environment...if at the very least, the chicks'll dig you for not being a slob! hahaha!

Thx,
the aple e

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* feng shui
( 1 2 all )
nightkrawler 2,159 36 07/26/07 09:42 PM
by MorphMan
* Feng Shui = Correct fireworks_godS 855 7 07/01/06 04:20 PM
by Huehuecoyotl
* Feng Shui
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 1,297 29 01/02/11 07:15 PM
by Diaboleros
* Interior Reflections
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 4,089 39 11/08/04 10:30 AM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Subconscious Anxiety daytripper23 891 4 11/21/07 05:33 PM
by EternalCowabunga
* The Feng LunarEclipse 735 17 06/08/13 12:08 PM
by LunarEclipse
* Subconscious Guilt Of Using Drugs In A Narcophobic Society Twirling 1,020 3 08/20/04 12:10 PM
by Twirling
* Selective acceptance of mushroom "insights" Swami 1,130 12 07/18/03 01:15 PM
by DoctorJ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,761 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 8 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.