Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Regarding Steroids...
    #7226708 -

I personally as an avid fan of all things american sports believe that the 'steroid era' of baseball should be one we all learn a great deal from and is an idea to be emmulated... My reasoning, why do people watch baseball games, what gets the fans most excited? Homeruns for batters and shutouts for pitchers, during the steroid era we saw more towering homeruns and in more frequency than any recent memory can provide, and we saw pitchers reach new heights too... I think if professional sports are suppose to have the cream of the crop of athletes from around the world that they should be allowed to use ability increasing drugs, I don t see why not, I mean wouldn t this make the spectacle that much more entertaining? And they re suppose to be in great physical shape to begin with so wouldn t they be well suited, if anybody is well suited, to use the very substances we have created to push our bodies to their limits... I am for not just legalization but league mandated minimum doses of performance enhancers for everybody in the major american sports... why not embrace this technological feet!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: DAVID_ALLAN_CEO]
    #7228767 -

I didn't read most of that nonsense, but it's not just limited to baseball. Every sport is having more steroid usage than ever.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Jadian]
    #7230108 -

I agree with you somewhat, im just not that extreme.

Im a libertarian, I feel people should be able to do whatever they want to their bodies/ minds. If a junkie enjoys his fix, thats his freedom, if an athlete wants to give himself the new edge, thats his choice.

America has a lot of laws for being land of the free.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: DAVID_ALLAN_CEO]
    #7230245 -

DAVID_ALLAN_CEO said:
I personally as an avid fan of all things american sports believe that the 'steroid era' of baseball should be one we all learn a great deal from and is an idea to be emmulated... My reasoning, why do people watch baseball games, what gets the fans most excited? Homeruns for batters and shutouts for pitchers, during the steroid era we saw more towering homeruns and in more frequency than any recent memory can provide, and we saw pitchers reach new heights too... I think if professional sports are suppose to have the cream of the crop of athletes from around the world that they should be allowed to use ability increasing drugs, I don t see why not, I mean wouldn t this make the spectacle that much more entertaining? And they re suppose to be in great physical shape to begin with so wouldn t they be well suited, if anybody is well suited, to use the very substances we have created to push our bodies to their limits... I am for not just legalization but league mandated minimum doses of performance enhancers for everybody in the major american sports... why not embrace this technological feet!



Banez said:
If a junkie enjoys his fix, thats his freedom, if an athlete wants to give himself the new edge, thats his choice.



A junkie is beholden to no one insofar as what he puts into his or her body. An athlete is not just an athlete - he is a professional employee. The company he works for, his team and by extension the league he works for, wants to create a product and put out employees that are palatable to fans. It has been shown time and again that the majority of fans don't want their athletes juiced up on steroids. It's not an athlete's "right," at all, to juice themselves up if the employer paying them for their services doesn't want them juiced up, because the fans (you know, the people who actually keep the whole thing running) don't want that.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7230330 -

I dont believe that to be true.. I personally watch baseball to see amazing proformances from athletes getting paid millions of dollars.. I LOVE seeing a great pitching game, but I also love seeing offense.

Athletes are entertainers, IF steriods became legal or the league stopped testing for them and more people started doing it, I believe the fans would sworm to see athletes reaching never seen before levels.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7230338 -

Banez said:
I dont believe that to be true.. I personally watch baseball to see amazing proformances from athletes getting paid millions of dollars.. I LOVE seeing a great pitching game, but I also love seeing offense.

Athletes are entertainers, IF steriods became legal or the league stopped testing for them and more people started doing it, I believe the fans would sworm to see athletes reaching never seen before levels.



If people want to get juiced up they should make their own league. The fact is that surveys would show (and I'm fairly sure have shown) that the vast majority of fans of the NFL and MLB for example do not want their atheletes performing with the aid of steroids. They should really just make a league where people can juice as much as they want. It'll fall flat on its face.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7230354 -

Not to mention that if professional sports condone or allow steroids then it sends a clear message to the kid in high school that wants the "edge".

The last thing MLB or NFL wants to sanction is use of potentially dangerous drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7230359 -

I dont know about your logic. Sports evolve, people want to see athletes at new extremes, just look at the rise of MMA in the US, most people would have considered that a trashing form of boxing, Boxing is now the sport thats in the shithole, because people LOVE the excitement of MMA. its just better than Boxing.

Agree to disagree.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7230369 -

Banez said:
I dont know about your logic. Sports evolve, people want to see athletes at new extremes, just look at the rise of MMA in the US, most people would have considered that a trashing form of boxing, Boxing is now the sport thats in the shithole, because people LOVE the excitement of MMA. its just better than Boxing.

Agree to disagree.



You're ignoring the fact that sports have ancestry and history and really, MLB fans are diehard fans and don't want their sport changed by this. That's why with the MLB in particular it is such a hot issue, unlike football where it flies a little bit more under the radar since aggression and violence (known side-effects of steroid abuse) are already built into the game.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7230382 -

Yeah, baseball is much more america's sacred game. I grew up in a european family so instead of baseball, I played soccer. So its really taken up to the last 1-2 years for me to actually be into baseball and closely follow it.

I agree, NFL has a much greater tolerance for steriods.. I dont think roids give you THAT great of an edge in football where things rely on much more than strength.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7230391 -

If anything, with the beating those guys take, I would think that steroid use for a football player would be even fucking stupider...I mean it really can make your body brittle over time, and they take such a beating. I wonder how heavily Shawn Merriman was dosing.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7230919 -

Banez said:
I dont believe that to be true.. I personally watch baseball to see amazing proformances from athletes getting paid millions of dollars.. I LOVE seeing a great pitching game, but I also love seeing offense.





Are you sure you're even talking about baseball?


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Jadian]
    #7230944 -

lol.. idk ive really enjoyed watching the Indians play.. its gotten to the point where I even have MLB scoreboard going during work.

I my now means would consider myself a baseball fan, since I like about 50% of the teams.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7231080 -

Banez said:
I my now means would consider myself a baseball fan, since I like about 50% of the teams.




:wtf:

I used to watch the Indians play on a regular basis from behind home plate when I lived in Ohio.  Wasn't the biggest baseball fan but I got all kinds of signed gear from the team and shit since I was so close to the dugout.  I wonder if any of these guys are still on the Indians, lemme think who I can remember.

Kenny Lofton
Omar Visquel
Sandy Alomar
Jim Thome
Some guy named Bell, Albert Bell maybe?
Richie Sexton


Any of those guys still play on the Indians?


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Jadian]
    #7231343 -

Nope, none of those guys still there.. they do have a very classy organization though.

I really like Sizemore, Hafner, Sabathia, and Carmona. Carmona is quickly becoming my favorite.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7231366 -

Nevermind. Lofton is still there.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7231410 -

He just got traded back to the Injuns today. Smart move on their part, the guy has a lot of postseason experience. He must be kind of bummed though, he was an everyday (well 5 out of 7) in Texas, even if playing for Texas sucked. Now he'll be a bench boy behind Grady.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7231582 -

Ok, i was going to say, I was watching the game thinking about Lofton in Texas. then saw Lofton up at the bat and was a little confused.

They said he wanted to come back and be on a team that can win it.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Banez]
    #7232073 -

All I know is that negro is fast as hell and he smiles a lot. I was probably only like 11-12 when I met those guys but he struck me as the nicest of the group.


Visquel was kind of scary.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Regarding Steroids... [Re: Jadian]
    #7238033 -

Jadian said:
I didn't read most of that nonsense, but it's not just limited to baseball. Every sport is having more steroid usage than ever.



please continue to not read when you reply, i shall take the same consideration when you post, oh and please high jack my post with bullshit about kenny lofton s old ass, he can t take steroids he needs metamucil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games after testing positive for performing enhancing drugs
( 1 2 3 all )
Redstorm 3,889 48 05/21/09 10:14 PM
by innovation
* Steroids and sports jewunit 765 8 06/18/09 07:34 AM
by LiquidSmoke
* Giambi: Players, ownership and the league should apologize for steroids OneMoreRobot3021 529 0 05/18/07 08:02 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* the greatest atheletes of all time
( 1 2 all )
KingOftheThing 2,729 31 07/28/06 10:50 PM
by SirTripAlot
* Best athelete to never be on a championshp team
( 1 2 all )
FreakQlibrium 2,144 23 12/13/06 10:30 AM
by Banez
* Ultimate Fight Night: Freakishly athletic black dudes taking over the world LiquidSmoke 4,146 18 05/03/11 11:41 AM
by headiebudz
* better athletes: NFL or NBA?
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 9,268 34 06/11/11 02:43 AM
by LiquidSmoke
* Athletes you just cant stand
( 1 2 all )
Banez 2,914 34 05/12/06 09:17 AM
by Banez

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,625 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.