Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: second flush
    #72185 - 01/19/00 02:25 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Atlas,
If you're growing the PF strain you'll only get 2 maybe 3 flushes. You're first, as you know, will be your strongest. Your second, from my experience isn't anything near your first flush. And if you get a 3rd, you probably won't get very many.

As for your caps weighing down, they could be too heavy if the mushroom is thin, or your particular strain could be a bit mutated, which I doubt but it happens. None the less, they're still edible:-)

The second flush is ...eh? Not great but not bad either. It could be the direction of the light too. I put a 60 watt light under one of my terrainums to heat the water in the perlite. And sometimes the little guys like to grow towards the ground;-)

Hope this helps
Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineatlas
always listening
Male
Re: second flush [Re: Lana]
    #72187 - 01/19/00 03:49 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the extra info that helps support my ideas.

--------------------
"....there are no restraints on the Federal Reserve, the Fed is master of all it controls."
-Murray N. Rothbard

Anonymous

#72188 - 01/19/00 04:47 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I grew PFs on cakes and found that my second flush was much larger than the first. Probably 50% larger, in fact. I assumed that was normal, but apparently it isn't. But for what it's worth...

My third flush was probably 30% of the first.

If your mushies are stretching for the sky, the first thing I would suspect is inadequate air exchange.

GT

Anonymous

#72189 - 01/19/00 05:33 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

When I have grown PF substrain I have found that the second flush produced larger shrooms, but less of them. Overall the second flush produced a greater dry weight than the first flush. But I have PF's substrain from 8 years ago and have perfected it. It seems that the substrain that PF sells is degenerating...way to many mutants from his current spore supply.

You should consider trying Ryche's B+, doesn't mutate readily like PF and I get 6 to 8 large flushes.

Note: your second flush could be being affected by your casing thickness. For great future flushes use 1-inch to 1-1/2-inch of casing. Good Luck.

------------------
Need a Cultivation Tek, Growing Parameter or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

Anonymous

#72190 - 01/19/00 08:51 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Ok i'm getting my first flush of some Gulf Coast cubies on cakes that are the maximum fruiting formula of the MMGG.. Right now there's 2 shrooms that got a head start 3 that are not far behind and 2 pins.. how much can i expect for a first flush? anybody know how many flushes i can get with Gulf Coast cubies?? i'm aching to know! Also what can i expect as yields for my flushes? I'm also growing some Mazatapecs but they were birthed a few days earlier so they aren't showing any signs of pinning just yet. .so i'm naturally curious as to what to expect for flushes with this strain too.. If you know anything about either of these drop me a reply.. Peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck