Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Radiohead mastering seventh album
    #7188944 -

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/29715

Radiohead mastering seventh album in New York
Fan posts of meeting with band
16.Jul.07 2:43pm

Radiohead are currently mastering their seventh album in New York.

According to a posting on fan website Ateaseweb by member the king left, some of the band were at a Spoon listening party.

Radiohead members Colin Greenwood, Ed O'Brien and producer Nigel Godrich turned up to the playback taking place in New York.

The poster wrote: "They're in the city mastering the album. Then they're going to listen to it, see what they think. So, we're almost there, maybe."

The poster's friend Marty also asked Greenwood if one of the much mooted tracks would make it onto the release.

He wrote: "Oh yeah when Marty asked Colin (Greenwood) if 'Nude' was going to be on LP7 Colin looked uncomfortable, said "hehe hehe, maybe, if we can do it right..." and slinked back inside. This was after Marty gave him a Camel Ultra Light too. Some people, I tell you. Favours for favour(s) my ass."

A release date for the album has yet to be announced, but it is believed the album, the follow-up to 2003's 'Hail To The Thief', will be out before the end of the year.

----------------------------------------------------------------

:drooling:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7188955 -

OneLessForeskin said:
http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/29715

Radiohead mastering seventh album in New York
Fan posts of meeting with band
16.Jul.07 2:43pm

Radiohead are currently mastering their seventh album in New York.

According to a posting on fan website Ateaseweb by member the king left, some of the band were at a Spoon listening party.

Radiohead members Colin Greenwood, Ed O'Brien and producer Nigel Godrich turned up to the playback taking place in New York.

The poster wrote: "They're in the city mastering the album. Then they're going to listen to it, see what they think. So, we're almost there, maybe."

The poster's friend Marty also asked Greenwood if one of the much mooted tracks would make it onto the release.

He wrote: "Oh yeah when Marty asked Colin (Greenwood) if 'Nude' was going to be on LP7 Colin looked uncomfortable, said "hehe hehe, maybe, if we can do it right..." and slinked back inside. This was after Marty gave him a Camel Ultra Light too. Some people, I tell you. Favours for favour(s) my ass."

A release date for the album has yet to be announced, but it is believed the album, the follow-up to 2003's 'Hail To The Thief', will be out before the end of the year.

----------------------------------------------------------------

:drooling:



Fuck yes, HOLY FUCK YES.

You know what this means...  TOUR TIME BABY!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: idiotek]
    #7188960 -

:yesnod:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7188967 -

I've been dying for this. I check Greenplastic and Ateaseweb almost every other day. Too bad I didn't check today, right?

I'm fucking PUMPED now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: idiotek]
    #7188969 -

When I saw them two nights last May they played a bunch of the new tracks. I can't wait to hear how they've evolved since then. One of them was crazy aggressive and Thom Yorke was playing drums.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7188980 -

I've only gotten to see them once at Merriweather Post Pavilion in MD.

It was such a kickass show, and I think the first time they had played Creep in years. Thom said, right as the song started, "We like this song now" and sort of chuckled before kicking in. It was so great to see them in such a good mood.. Thom was just being downright silly for most of the show, especially during "You And Whose Army" with the camera in his face..

I love that band so damn much. Kid A was my first real non-generic music experience, and I had never heard Creep or anything, or done any sort of drugs. It inspired me to want to smoke up and listen to it again, LOL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: idiotek]
    #7189743 -

this album better not suck, hail to the thief was a drastic decline in quality in my opinion.

if its good maybe i'll bust out old modest mouse and become emo or whatever it is and give up on all this drum and bass/dubstep...


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (07/17/07 07:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7189929 -

OMG YES!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE CUZ I'M SCREAMING I'M SO EXCITED!@!!!!11


:smirk:


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190000 -

excellent.

I was wondering when they'd release another album earlier today while I re-listened to OK Computer .


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: California]
    #7190057 -

UGH! THE SUSPENSE! THE TORTURE! I can't beleive it's been 4 years since they release an album. i guess that makes sense. but wow... i can't WAIT! this is WONDERFUL news!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7190075 -

truekimbo2 said:
this album better not suck, hail to the thief was a drastic decline in quality in my opinion.




as was the Kid A/Amnesiac sessions

rock and roll radiohead, ftw


I'm interested to hear the new album, but if they are going to be using some/a lot of the tracks they played on their last tour (about 5 new songs at bonnaroo '06), I doubt I'll enjoy this album much


however, I will go see them perform if possible


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: demiu5]
    #7190329 -

this is great news....


ps hail to the thief is definately not a decline....FUCKING BRILLIANT


--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190408 -

Big Radiohead fan here. Can you give me a rough idea of what direction the new album is going in musically?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7190415 -

No one ever knows until they release it. The new stuff seemed a bit more stripped down, lots of guitar and drums. but a lot of times when they do this, tour new material and then go back into the studio, what they record comes out WAY different.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190449 -

OK Computer is by far my favorite. I tend to favor their standard rock and guitarish stuff that has pop hooks thrown in but enough experimentation to make it unique. I am not much into their electronic-y stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7190521 -

I love it all.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190676 -

suprised no one is mentioning amnesiac, thats the album that kicked my ass...


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190694 -

I fucking love all of the albums (yes, even Hail to the Thief) except Pablo Honey. For some reason that just doesn't do it for me. Either way, this is fucking exceptional news, and I will see them on tour, that is a promise. I'll have my car with me next year, I'll drive to wherever I have to drive to.

Weird, a Radiohead song just came on as I started writing this post.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead mastering seventh album [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7190853 -

fucking FINALLY man

I thought they were RadioDEAD for a while lolz


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* who preordered the digital download of Radiohead's new album? boO 1,121 9 10/04/07 11:09 AM
by Locus
* New Tool album
( 1 2 all )
Abudiwa 2,260 21 03/03/06 03:37 PM
by Darkcloud
* Best Metal Album of All Time
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ShroomismM 13,037 157 09/24/08 07:12 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* New Radiohead album = pay what you want to download it from them directly.
( 1 2 3 all )
idiotek 3,089 46 10/01/07 11:08 PM
by jewunit
* radiohead cover bands JonnyOnTheSpot 1,866 10 12/28/08 09:00 AM
by Plok
* Radiohead to do score for A Scanner Darkly phalloidin 1,007 4 03/18/06 04:41 PM
by altershroom
* Apparently, No New Radiohead Album in 2007 jewunit 680 2 08/15/07 05:40 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* Radiohead
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 3,181 43 12/07/04 09:11 PM
by idiotek

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,798 topic views. 11 members, 33 guests and 184 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.