Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to?
    #7166117 -

Can I inject diluted H202 into my grain jars before I knock them up with LC(and not SPORES)? I hear it will help the myc get a head start on contams....

Thanks in advance for your expertise :wink:


--------------------
If y0u want s0meting gr0wn right, y0u g0tta gr0w it y0urself!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: Neobean]
    #7166201 -

:thumbdown:


--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7166447 -

Best advice, is not to use it at all.


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: Neobean]
    #7166728 -

Quote:
Best advice, is not to use it at all.




Why would you? You sterilize the jars, no?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7167084 -

Only use if contams are suspect, any other time retards growth and is totally unnecessary as well as redundant.


--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: hyphae]
    #7167141 -

Never use it for anything at all unless you are using it to kill cobweb mold and even than it wont work unless you catch it right away,I have seen it repeated here many times that it will "Melt" cobweb mold instantly but anytime I have tried to use it it takes at minimum two or three attempts and if the cobweb is already all over everything its not even worth the trouble and I for one would rather just scrap it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7167152 -

never knew that about cobweb.


--------------------
I like good ratings too ..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: Neobean]
    #7167278 -

Neobean said:
Can I inject diluted H202 into my grain jars before I knock them up with LC(and not SPORES)? I hear it will help the myc get a head start on contams....

Thanks in advance for your expertise :wink:



Where the hell did you hear that?  I hope it wasn't here in these forums!


--------------------


AMU Q&A thread.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7167313 -

Quote:
Where the hell did you hear that? I hope it wasn't here in these forums!



Possibly was, I have heard of people injecting H2O2 into LCs once they show growth. In this case it might kill other spores that have yet to start to grow (along with shroom spores yet to grow). You introduce an abundance of mushroom spores and hope they grow first, then kill off remaining ones. BUT I am not sure what sort of concentration you need to kill off these other spores. The real benefit I would see in adding to an LC is that it degrades to oxygen so supplies the LC with some needed O2 if it is not being stirred enough to aerate it.

I have only ever used it for cloning, and find it slows the growth/takeup.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: blackout]
    #7167352 -

Only once in my life did I add it to lc just as an experiment,knocked up 4 lc's that day,two with and two without.The ones with grew nothing and the ones without grew fine..I did add it before it showed growth however so maybe the spores just couldn't germinate,I'm not sure but i wouldn't recommend it either way

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: advice on H2O2 when tu use, when not to? [Re: Blutjager]
    #7170020 -

Thanks for the advice, the use of H2O2 was cloudy in my mind....


--------------------
If y0u want s0meting gr0wn right, y0u g0tta gr0w it y0urself!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How much % h2o2 in my spray water?
( 1 2 3 all )
SpaceVox 7,935 41 03/02/05 01:08 PM
by scatmanrav
* Re: When using h202, does it kill your cakes? Lana 2,652 3 07/15/00 10:40 AM
by Anonymous
* Strongest h20/h202 ratio for misting.
( 1 2 all )
thrice 2,605 23 06/12/23 11:24 PM
by Goatrider
* h202/water pmp? crackolakka 1,035 5 09/18/04 12:39 AM
by curious4
* Tricks to h202 Retired 1,846 12 04/13/05 07:03 AM
by goofy98
* H202 question SubGen1us 954 5 02/04/03 08:35 AM
by daussaulit
* Is H2O2 stable at PC temps? ticktock 1,203 10 11/07/04 04:06 PM
by Sam1912
* casing advice mattch1 775 7 08/25/03 01:55 PM
by cotinMelody

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
574 topic views. 13 members, 75 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.