Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Valerian Root
    #7043108 -

Hello!

I am interested in taking this, has anoyne here experimented with VR. Why did you first start and what effects did you notice? Thanks..


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #7043148 -

I have gone through a bag from the herb store and a bottle of capsules. It gives you a very restful sleep and does enhance dreams. I don't think I have ever taken it while awake.

I must have had some insomnia when I decided to buy it, but I usually took it to enhance dreams and because it just makes me feel like I slept better when I wake up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: Epigallo]
    #7044395 -

I looked up some prior research regarding valerian root (and ginko biloba) to find some statistical confirmation and found that compunds in both valerian and ginko may have mutagenic effects on certain cells in the body.

The information is quite hard to decode and understnad, but those are some of the conclusions I had come across. Does anyone have a link to a good study confirming or disputing this evidence?

Multiple studies did show with statistical significance that both valerian and ginko have effects for which they are known...


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #7045447 -

Valerian
Technical Name: (Valeriana officinalis) Root of the valerian plant
Used for: Insomnia (it's a safe sleeping aid); anxiety
Available In: Tincture, extract, tablets
Herb Drug: Valerian interacts with alcohol, some antihistamines, muscle relaxants, psychotropic drugs and narcotics. When taking any of these drugs, you should use valerian only under the supervision of a health-care provider. May increase sedative effects of anesthesia and should be discontinued at least a week prior to having surgery.
Interaction: Valerian is relatively safe and no significant side effects are known, but try not to use it on a regular basis, or you may become psychologically dependent upon it. People with impaired kidney or liver functions should not take valerian except under a physician's supervision. It should not be used with kava. Use on a short-term basis only.
When Buying: Look for valerian products standardized to 1% valerenic acid.
Dosage and Warning: Adults: Use 1 teaspoon of the tincture in a quarter cup of water, or 1 or 2 tablets, at bedtime.
Child Dosage: One dropperful at bedtime in a quarter cup of water.


--------------------
"absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Lord Acton,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root *DELETED* [Re: bodynotdead]
    #7046716 -

Post deleted by niki420

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #7046849 -

niki420 said:
I bought some capsules of valerian root from a store which sold different herbs, in hopes that it would help me sleep better.
It worked the opposite for me; kept me awake and restless all night. the next morning I had a terrible headache. I haven't taken it since.



Strange i take 5htp which has valerian in it and has did wonders for me and managed my headaches well


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #7046987 -

I've taken it to help me sleep. Works wonders in the proper dosage. Take too much and it has the opposite effect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Valerian Root [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #7054810 -

niki420 said:
I bought some capsules of valerian root from a store which sold different herbs, in hopes that it would help me sleep better.
It worked the opposite for me; kept me awake and restless all night. the next morning I had a terrible headache. I haven't taken it since.



It has this effect on some people. I'm not sure why, but it's not at all uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Valerian Root and Anxiety- Follow up Mickalopagus 2,144 6 09/04/07 11:08 AM
by purplegreens
* Vaporizing Valerian Root shimishimiman 3,389 2 03/22/11 10:43 AM
by Kingofdiamonds
* Headache from Valerian Root OliverJames 868 0 12/12/12 09:49 PM
by OliverJames
* how to make prunella vulgaris tincture? x7x_x7x 542 3 10/01/11 07:07 PM
by x7x_x7x
* Valerian root & drug tests.. vanilla_octopus 3,431 2 10/07/12 04:43 PM
by Subsonic
* Ashwagandha Root - Adaptogen Chronic7 5,145 15 10/24/10 05:43 PM
by lasttime
* Root Canal on Friday Tien 635 2 09/06/06 10:00 AM
by Tien
* Herbal Combinations for Health and Healing
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 9,378 24 09/30/14 08:08 PM
by foodsgoodtoo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,759 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 15 queries.