Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
I miss my brother
    #6984864 - 05/29/07 11:00 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

We used to be so close. At some point a few years ago we grew immeasurably apart. I try to talk to him, but i can't get close.
He'll be moving away someday soon... or i will. Than we'll see each other on odd Christmas's, and thanksgivings.
Its like were already strangers.
I feel like a stranger to myself.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledjbacon06
The Dude
 User Gallery

Loc: Weilii country
Re: I miss my brother [Re: Dreamer987]
    #6984943 - 05/29/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

The same thing is currently happening with a (once) very dear friend of mine. She and I were literally like brother and sister. I moved away to college, and she stayed home and commuted to the same college I attend. Despite the fact that she has had numerous chances to come see me, and countless invitations from me, she still basically blocked me out of her life. I had little chances to talk to her about it and when I did I was always given the same lame-ass excuses. I have moved back to hometown for a short stay where she still lives, yet I haven't seen or talked to her in months. She is transferring to a different college and her parents are moving to a different state. That is even less time to see her. I am at the point where I don't even bother calling her anymore. I don't understand how "family" can disappear so quickly. All this, and for reasons I am unaware of.

Furthermore, my two older brothers have long but moved out of the house we grew up in as well. The three of us have totally separate lives now and don't keep in touch as often as I'd like. Upon reading this thread, I am going to make it a point to call them up tomorrow and try to spend time with them soon...I miss my brothers too.

Didn't mean to steal from your post, but I thought I would share two related stories. I know what it's like. You may be going through something totally different than I just described, but it is never easy to lose somebody, especially if they are still alive!

Edited by djbacon06 (05/29/07 11:18 PM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: I miss my brother [Re: djbacon06]
    #6985131 - 05/29/07 11:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just feeling such a huge sence of loss lately.
I lost one close friend to death, yet i'v lost numerous others to what seems like nothing more than neglect. I guess you would call it growing apart.

--------------------

OfflineSampaJasli
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #6993208 - 05/31/07 08:24 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I feel the same way.

I have two younger brothers. As kids we would always spend every second together, wrestling, watching tv, whatever. When I got to my teenage years I alienated myself with video games and the internet, now my brothers are doing the same.

I keep thinking that when they get to the point in life that I've reached we will rejuvenate our relationship. A year or two ago I realized that family is important, but I have the feeling that if I don't do something quick we'll end too far apart and have that akward acquaintance sort of relationship.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6995086 - 06/01/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

my brother and I love each other, and we know we love each other, but we are two very different people and don't really have much to say to each other. I rarely get to see him (3-4 times a year), but sometimes we have a great day/nite hanging out shooting the shit or have a good conversation on the phone.

but we know we love each other and that's out bond, and that's all we really need

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: I miss my brother [Re: demiu5]
    #6998378 - 06/02/07 01:39 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

A similar thing is currently happening to me and my brother. I was never "close" to him, I tolerated him. But the past few months he has turned into the biggest dick and I dislike being around him now...

How old is your brother? Maybe its an age thing??

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss my brother [Re: aDoS]
    #6998746 - 06/02/07 07:06 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

same thing with me was close to my bro, followed him around always wanted to be just like him. Now we havn't seen or talked to each other in years and im starting to actually feel like im becoming a person....like instead of following him i have to do things myself now.

im not sure how i feel about him anymore thow, as i was under his wing he protected me from much(i had no worrys of anything mostly) but now i see how much he actually treated me like shit.

and now he doesn't care about my opinion not one cent. sometimes he's just high and when we talk he jsut says "yah" like he's not there.

weed and his new family got me not likeing him one bit.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6999101 - 06/02/07 09:27 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dreamer987 said:
I'm just feeling such a huge sence of loss lately.
I lost one close friend to death, yet i'v lost numerous others to what seems like nothing more than neglect. I guess you would call it growing apart.

The best part about brothers and sisters is that you have a bond with them that is deeper than any other you can ever imagine. You have the same blood running through your veins. He isn't lost or dead, the two of you just don't see eye to eye right now. Ever feel like sitting down and talking honestly with him? If that's not possible right now, I wouldn't worry about it. It's NEVER too late to repair past problems. It just takes two of you to do so. You obviously care, and I am sure he does too. It just may unfold in it's own way.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder